This is all on Shalala

Prez-with-Sweetie-.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

Wow! Just Wow!

So that's how they raised all that money...they showed the big money people how UM scientists managed to clone a dog-human hybrid!

Why didn't this get more publicity?

Advertisement
she's a liberal. they dont manage well just good at ****ing people's money away. the extension she gave golden was absolutely ridiculous.

To be fair, I think she was recruited for the BOT by Chuck Cobb, a Republican. I suspect Chuck was pragmatic, he felt they wanted a high profile and successful head of a major academic institution, who had managed to have pretty decent athletics as well. I credit that to her hire of Barry Alvarez and his ability to restore the Wisconsin program to some semblance of respectability.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_E._Cobb

I'm assuming he's a Republican, because he served in appointed positions in two Republican administrations.

Last edited:
Advertisement
OP is not true. Shalala, while not initiating a termination of Al, would not have objected to it had it been put in motion. She had concerns during the season that she didn't want to reside over the hiring/firing of 3 failed coaches during her tenure.

But even she has tired of the lame duck that is Al and pretty much has washed her claws of the mess by passing it off to the next president. But, like I said, if a proposal to fire Al came across her desk, it would have her blessing.

OP is not true. Shalala, while not initiating a termination of Al, would not have objected to it had it been put in motion. She had concerns during the season that she didn't want to reside over the hiring/firing of 3 failed coaches during her tenure.

But even she has tired of the lame duck that is Al and pretty much has washed her claws of the mess by passing it off to the next president. But, like I said, if a proposal to fire Al came across her desk, it would have her blessing.

Ferman said it was Shalala's decision .The board did not want to intervene. One had to assume there were numerous board members who did not agree with this. If you have inside info who is your source?

Ferman said it was Shalala's decision .The board did not want to intervene. One had to assume there were numerous board members who did not agree with this. If you have inside info who is your source?

Better then fermans "source" lolz

Lulz at Ferman being accurate about anything.

Advertisement
I assume the Troll wants to stick around until she gets to shake hands at graduation.

but that doesn't mean that we can't hire someone new

dammit mane... I told you ppl years ago it was a conspiracy going on. Somebody from UF/FSU put her here.

Vinn I know you're connected, but I think you're either off or have some bad information.

Shalala may not have exactly championed Golden's cause, but she sure as **** has not been very receptive to the notion of firing Al THIS summer. If the part you mentioned about her not wanting a 3 "failed coach" under her regime is true (that's the first I hear of that) then that's just about the MOST SELFISH and IDIOTIC thing she could have said.

News flash....Golden is on HER ledger. Whether he's fired this offseason or next offseason is simply semantics. It's a fact that she is ALREADY responsible for THREE failed coaching hires. Nothing can change that now. We're talking past tense here.

Vinn I know you're connected, but I think you're either off or have some bad information.

Shalala may not have exactly championed Golden's cause, but she sure as **** has not been very receptive to the notion of firing Al THIS summer. If the part you mentioned about her not wanting a 3 "failed coach" under her regime is true (that's the first I hear of that) then that's just about the MOST SELFISH and IDIOTIC thing she could have said.

News flash....Golden is on HER ledger. Whether he's fired this offseason or next offseason is simply semantics. It's a fact that she is ALREADY responsible for THREE failed coaching hires. Nothing can change that now. We're talking past tense here.

We all agree that she is responsible, no matter how she may try to step away from the decision. But yes, she intimated that she was reluctant to have the burden of firing a 3rd failed coach in her tenure. Take a look at her record and it is littered with selfish and idiotic behavior in regards to the football program and more importantly the hiring/firing/continuing to pay for bad coaches that surrounds her time here. She is worn out by having to constantly defend him and herself for his performance. This year she took many hits from all sides. She is not the same. The energy and optimism just isn't there anymore.

Since the PSU incident there has been a somewhat frosty relationship with Golden and Shalala. Publicly they all say the right things, as evidenced by Blake James and his denial tour of media appearances, plus Al's selective sit downs with the fluffer's. But behind the scenes it is vastly different.

I'd be willing to wager anything that if the board pushed for the firing of Al tomorrow, Donna would stand aside and let it happen without so much as a mild protest.

Advertisement
No doubt Shalala wanted to keep Golden.

Serious doubts any of the BOT felt differently.

They don't. They are ALL in the Shalala "Spit on Canes Football" camp.

I find it hard to believe that if The Tomato King wanted Alfredo gone and had a plan to deal with the buyout that The Troll Queen could stop it. I find that almost as hard to believe that she was ambivalent at best and just waiting at worst for the BoT to initiate the firing. The entire clown show down there is on board with saving the money and retaining the guy for at least another year. The whole deferring to the new pres argument is a joke too. They'd be doing that person a huge favor by handling this now as it'd be a win-win for the new pres. They're not going to be held responsible at all if the new hire ends up sucking but they would get credit by association (like The Troll got in 2001) if we win again. This is just selfish disinterested Donna not wanting to clean up a mess and draw attention to one of her failures on the way out the door.

Advertisement
It took 14 years for her to even feel any heat about the football program. Think about that for a dither or two.

Then get back to me about how schitty our fan base is.

FVCK AL GORLDEN!!!!!!!!!!

right in his sandusky

We all agree that she is responsible, no matter how she may try to step away from the decision. But yes, she intimated that she was reluctant to have the burden of firing a 3rd failed coach in her tenure. Take a look at her record and it is littered with selfish and idiotic behavior in regards to the football program and more importantly the hiring/firing/continuing to pay for bad coaches that surrounds her time here. She is worn out by having to constantly defend him and herself for his performance. This year she took many hits from all sides. She is not the same. The energy and optimism just isn't there anymore.

Since the PSU incident there has been a somewhat frosty relationship with Golden and Shalala. Publicly they all say the right things, as evidenced by Blake James and his denial tour of media appearances, plus Al's selective sit downs with the fluffer's. But behind the scenes it is vastly different.

I'd be willing to wager anything that if the board pushed for the firing of Al tomorrow, Donna would stand aside and let it happen without so much as a mild protest.

this. you people have to stop believing what they say to the media. theyre all going to say the right things regardless of how u feel, but its what they say on the inside that matters the most. saban said he wasnt going to be the Bama coach 1000 times to the media and ended up leaving for Alabama.

Advertisement
Back