This guy does analytics??

Here’s what you all gloss over, we still have the same head coach. Yes, great recruiting. Fine, be our recruiting coordinator. Has he out schemed anyone? He’s great at washing his hands of Enos’s failures. They are his failures though. He let them play out. He didn’t know any better. He still doesn’t. He doesn’t scare anyone.
The same head coach who outsourced the offense to a dunce last year and then replaced him with an achiever.

Advertisement
Here’s what you all gloss over, we still have the same head coach. Yes, great recruiting. Fine, be our recruiting coordinator. Has he out schemed anyone? He’s great at washing his hands of Enos’s failures. They are his failures though. He let them play out. He didn’t know any better. He still doesn’t. He doesn’t scare anyone.
You make fair points. It’s ok to be optimistic in regards to improvement while still being skeptical. honestly I think 5-5 is equally as ridiculous as 10-0 is as a prediction.

You guys get too worked up when someone predicts we aren't going undefeated.

No, that's not the issue.

The issue is that he uses "our last two years" to justify predicting a .500 performance, even though the past 2 years have included a burned-out coach spiraling towards resignation and a first-time HC with an OC so bad he had to be fired after 1 year. Our recruiting has been solid and we are heading into Year 2 with some solid transfers-in.

COMPARED TO an F$U team with nearly identical stats and record...but we BEAT F$U in those past 2 years, and last year's F$U team was so bad that they had to fire a coach in mid-season and replace him with a guy who has already had to weather a scandal. Plus, where is F$U's infusion of talent from recruiting and/or the portal?

AND THIS IS THE F$U TEAM THAT HE PREDICTS TO BE 3 GAMES BETTER THAN MIAMI?

Are you ******* kidding?

Look, I've heard of optimism. But what in god's name supports an 8-2 prediction for F$U? Jimbo's national championship?

Insanity.

No, that's not the issue.

The issue is that he uses "our last two years" to justify predicting a .500 performance, even though the past 2 years have included a burned-out coach spiraling towards resignation and a first-time HC with an OC so bad he had to be fired after 1 year. Our recruiting has been solid and we are heading into Year 2 with some solid transfers-in.

COMPARED TO an F$U team with nearly identical stats and record...but we BEAT F$U in those past 2 years, and last year's F$U team was so bad that they had to fire a coach in mid-season and replace him with a guy who has already had to weather a scandal. Plus, where is F$U's infusion of talent from recruiting and/or the portal?

AND THIS IS THE F$U TEAM THAT HE PREDICTS TO BE 3 GAMES BETTER THAN MIAMI?

Are you ******* kidding?

Look, I've heard of optimism. But what in god's name supports an 8-2 prediction for F$U? Jimbo's national championship?

Insanity.

Crack supports a 8-2 prediction

Advertisement
This is FSU's schedule.

Home: Clemson, Georgia Tech, North Carolina, Pitt, Virginia
Away: Duke, Louisville, Miami (FL), NC State, Notre Dame

This dope has got them losing to Clemson and ND, beating us at home. Even using just last year's performance and assuming there were no other changes, we beat them in Trailerhassee. For him to predict they beat us in Miami, you'd have to assume they had made much more significant changes during the off season than we did.

This is FSU's schedule.

Home: Clemson, Georgia Tech, North Carolina, Pitt, Virginia
Away: Duke, Louisville, Miami (FL), NC State, Notre Dame

This dope has got them losing to Clemson and ND, beating us at home. Even using just last year's performance and assuming there were no other changes, we beat them in Trailerhassee. For him to predict they beat us in Miami, you'd have to assume they had made much more significant changes during the off season than we did.

Dopey writer tried to tell us that "past performance predicts future outcomes". Miami has won the past couple of games against F$U.

Doesn't matter, though.

F$U going 8-2. No evidence, no explanation. Just because.

Dopey writer tried to tell us that "past performance predicts future outcomes". Miami has won the past couple of games against F$U.

Doesn't matter, though.

F$U going 8-2. No evidence, no explanation. Just because.
I can't see how he could come to that conclusion at all. This is 2019 for both teams. He's just FOS.

1596207219770.png

Advertisement
I won't get into why "past performance" means absolutely nothing when there are some many changed variables.

I will ask why past performance indicates a 5-5 season for Miami but FSU and UNC are going to be great? Those teams have been just as bad if not worse than Miami for a while.

Gosh, you're a sour *******.

Advertisement
This season should be a throw away since with Covid who knows how long it will last or how it will affect various players. Some positions we cannot afford to have a starter miss since our depth at some is weak. I expect to evaluate one game at a time but of course I always expect a season without any losses except this season. Be thrilled if we win 10.

Hopefully we even get to play!

source.gif

Advertisement
I'd rather go by Phil Steele, who has a track record of success. He has us as the #1 Surprise Team in the Nation, and finishing second in the Coastal behind North Carolina. That's more believable than a 7th place finish.

I'd rather go by Phil Steele, who has a track record of success. He has us as the #1 Surprise Team in the Nation, and finishing second in the Coastal behind North Carolina. That's more believable than a 7th place finish.

Also ridiculous. UNC won a whopping 1 more game than Miami last year. Miami made sweeping changes (covered extensively already, top DT QB, top OC, and new OL). UNC stayed the same. Reality is that it's just fun for pundits to crap on Miami right now. Expectation last year was that UNC would be awful, they ended up being mediocre, which is viewed as an achievement. Miami was expected to be good and they ended up mediocre ("bad" is winning only 4 games like UF did twice in the last decade) so it's viewed as a failure. Perception filters are skewed, but it is what it is. People are slurping Mack Brown saying he "instills a culture of winning" even though he is one of the all time underachievers in coaching given the resources he had at his disposal at Texas. He's a rich man's Mark Richt.

Obviously a Nole fan. For some strange reason FSU always gets more hype from the media even in their worst years. Even last year they had people hyping them because of Briles.

Advertisement
Back