This game is all about the coaches!

Canes1968

Sophomore
In my opinion, this game, more than any game in recent memory, is all about the coaching, specifically the coordinators. This game is going to tell us a lot about just how good of an offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee is, and same for Manny as a DC (but maybe to a lesser extent). On offense in particular, we have all the pieces in place to be able to move the ball and score points on any defense in college football. We have one of the most experienced offensive lines in college football, we've got one of the best QB's in college football, we've got experienced and talented WRs, we've got a stud at TE and we have a stable of experienced and highly talented RBs. The only reason an offense like this, with this much experience, talent and depth, should get shut down over the course of an entire game (short of devastating injuries) is if the OC just isn't any good. Mostly the same can be said on the defensive side of the ball, except that we don't have the same kind of talent, experience and depth on that side of the ball AND defenses these days are inherently disadvantaged.

So, for me, whether we win or lose isn't what I'm looking for, it's whether we are able to find success on both sides of the ball throughout the course of the game, which will either validate for me, or invalidate, whether we are on the right track from a coaching perspective. Lashlee in particular needs to prove his worth during this game. I'll excuse how inept we looked at times last year for a variety of reasons, but there are no excuses in this game or really any other game on our schedule for not being able to put points on the board.

Advertisement
Football Coaching GIF by HBO

I agree.

Saban vs Manny.

Say that phrase out loud and tell me what you think the outcome will be. And don’t forget, this is a Saban with 7 months to prepare, and a Saban that loves to recruit S. Florida, so he’ll want to make a statement to recruits.

Also, don’t forget, Butch beat Manny with an FIU squad

I agree.

Saban vs Manny.

Say that phrase out loud and tell me what you think the outcome will be. And don’t forget, this is a Saban with 7 months to prepare, and a Saban that loves to recruit S. Florida, so he’ll want to make a statement to recruits.

Also, don’t forget, Butch beat Manny with an FIU squad
Infinitesimally small chance we win, but if we do I’m gonna be rubbing in your face you’ll never hear the end of it

Advertisement
Why is the coaching matchup always about our coordinators vs saban? Do we have a head coach? Does Saban have coordinators?

Infinitesimally small chance we win, but if we do I’m gonna be rubbing in your face you’ll never hear the end of it
I don't know how when one team has had the #1 recruiting class in the country something like 8 or 9 out of the past 10 years, when they have the most money and support staff of any program in the country to prepare for every opponent, and will have at least 80% of the fans in the stands, this game is really just about the HC and coordinators. He's basically saying, 'if Manny doesn't beat the guy who's widely considered the best coach ever and beat him when he has the most resources any coach has ever had (significantly more than Manny has currently btw), in a hostile environment, and do so with an inferior roster, well then that just means Manny and his staff must suck'.

I don't know how when one team has had the #1 recruiting class in the country something like 8 or 9 out of the past 10 years, when they have the most money and support staff of any program in the country to prepare for every opponent, and will have at least 80% of the fans in the stands, this game is really just about the HC and coordinators. He's basically saying, 'if Manny doesn't beat the guy who's widely considered the best coach ever and beat him when he has the most resources any coach has ever had (significantly more than Manny has currently btw), in a hostile environment, and do so with an inferior roster, well then that just means Manny and his staff must suck'.

I swear to God I think there are people on this site, alleged canes fans, that are going to be rooting for Alabama to smoke us. So that then they can come back here and gloat post.

If by some miracle we beat them, someone will probably start a call out thread, going through all the posts and bltching out each and everyone of these fake fans.

But otherwise, you know if Bama hands it to us, these snakes are going to be just gloating and starting threads about how bad we suck. And just loving it.

Lol this is not about coaches. It’s about programs and money. One one side you have the greatest college coach in history but that’s only the start. His staff is filled with elite coaches. Two NFL HEAD COACHES from last season are new assistants on the offense for Bama. This is 14 years of elite program building.

This is the haves vs the have nots. “We have the players” lol Bama has guys we missed on during recruiting at 3rd string.

Can we win? Sure if the stars align. But stop this crap

Last edited:
Advertisement
It will also be about T-Rob and Likens getting these guys prepared. They will be on the field as well and they'll be coaching their asses off all game long. Along with Justice and Simpson.

In my opinion, this game, more than any game in recent memory, is all about the coaching, specifically the coordinators. This game is going to tell us a lot about just how good of an offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee is, and same for Manny as a DC (but maybe to a lesser extent). On offense in particular, we have all the pieces in place to be able to move the ball and score points on any defense in college football. We have one of the most experienced offensive lines in college football, we've got one of the best QB's in college football, we've got experienced and talented WRs, we've got a stud at TE and we have a stable of experienced and highly talented RBs. The only reason an offense like this, with this much experience, talent and depth, should get shut down over the course of an entire game (short of devastating injuries) is if the OC just isn't any good. Mostly the same can be said on the defensive side of the ball, except that we don't have the same kind of talent, experience and depth on that side of the ball AND defenses these days are inherently disadvantaged.

So, for me, whether we win or lose isn't what I'm looking for, it's whether we are able to find success on both sides of the ball throughout the course of the game, which will either validate for me, or invalidate, whether we are on the right track from a coaching perspective. Lashlee in particular needs to prove his worth during this game. I'll excuse how inept we looked at times last year for a variety of reasons, but there are no excuses in this game or really any other game on our schedule for not being able to put points on the board.
I'm glad you said it💪🏾

Advertisement
it is a lot more nuanced than what the OP opines.

what happens if the coaches make all of the right calls but the players don´t execute?

Example 1. Miami v. OK St in last year's bowl game. Kosi throws a beautiful pass and hits Pope in the stomach and Pope drops the ball and Miami loses the game. Is the drop on the coaches?

Example 2.. Same game. Tunnel screen to Wiggins, Wide open field. Touchdown is likely. He drops the ball. Miami called the right play at the right time. Coaches fault?

So the game depends on both coaches AND the players actually executing.

Advertisement
Listen, I’d love nothing more. I WANT to be wrong. If we win make me the butt of all your jokes for 10 years. ****** slap me at a tailgate and I’ll turn the other cheek so you can slap the other one. I’ll happily accept all of it and encourage it for a win.

What you have here is a contrast in philosophy. You have one school who cares about its football program (bammer) and one that kinda does but not really (Miami). Diaz is trying but even he's handicapped by this trash administration.

He wouldn't be the head coach if this school took the coaching search process serious instead of hiring a yes man who they could control and not be bigger than the school itself like JJ did.

I'm willing to bet Miami's AD is secretly hoping Miami loses so the football program doesn't cast a huge shadow over the rest of the university who they really wasn't to be Harvard south. BTW, Miami has the worst AD in the NCAA.

But anyways yea, this game will see where maimi stands as a coaching staff and if they can create and take advantage of mismatches, if there are any on all levels. They aren't unbeatable and if the coaches can show the way the players will follow.

it is a lot more nuanced than what the OP opines.

what happens if the coaches make all of the right calls but the players don´t execute?

Example 1. Miami v. OK St in last year's bowl game. Kosi throws a beautiful pass and hits Pope in the stomach and Pope drops the ball and Miami loses the game. Is the drop on the coaches?

Example 2.. Same game. Tunnel screen to Wiggins, Wide open field. Touchdown is likely. He drops the ball. Miami called the right play at the right time. Coaches fault?

So the game depends on both coaches AND the players actually executing.
I get what you are saying but just to play devils advocate, the coaches put them boys on the field no matter how many drops they had, if coaches know they suck and still put them on field, it is what it is.. On offense we seem to have fixed it but we will see how super seniors on defense perform in their new spots

Listen, I’d love nothing more. I WANT to be wrong. If we win make me the butt of all your jokes for 10 years. ****** slap me at a tailgate and I’ll turn the other cheek so you can slap the other one. I’ll happily accept all of it and encourage it for a win.

DC4C66C6-300F-48C7-BABD-26ED2DE32745.gif

Advertisement
Back