This Don Chaney Situation Really Sucks

The point the poster is making is it really hurts Miami when we lose players of Chaney's caliber, because we are not Alabama, UGA, Clemson, eetc.. where we can plug and place, and keep moving.

When we had Rosseau opt out, it hurt, Our DL last year could've been really special with that group. We as fans were robbed of that.

With Richards, he broke an all time freshman record, and then had some injuries before having to medically retire.

With Chaney watch 2 runs on Saturday, and from Bama game, and you can see he is CLEARLY our most talented RB.

Keontra Smith had an opp to really develop into a solid LB this year. HE was our fastest LB. We got worse at LB with him going out. We need Sam Brooks back.

Advertisement
I know it’s been said, but wtf man.

Feels like we’re always getting robbed of our elite guys, for one reason or another. And maybe you disagree he’s elite, but at a minimum he’s elite on our team (we don’t have many guys that truly flash like him), and I’d wager if he ever plays a full season he’ll stack up nationally.

This sucks in general, but for us, we simply don’t have that many. Teams like Bama and OSU might lose a stud for one reason or another, but that doesn’t cut their special players in half, they just plug in another of their many.

Chaney this season, Rousseau before that, Richards, and so on. Oh, lol, and then losing our 5* DT on the sideline somewhere this year. Shame, that.

Seriously though, we can’t afford it and it ****es me off. If not to help us win games, at least to make my Saturdays more enjoyable by getting a chance to see something special every now and then.
He has shown nothing to date that he is elite. He may have the ability to be but he has done nothing to show any type of elite skill set. I’m ******* over this propping up players and probably has a little to do with why we suck. Everything thinks they are an all American until they play an all American and then we see as are dog ****. I’m not saying Chaney sucks but give me a break. Nothing he has done has signaled greatness.

Our most complete RB suffers a season-ending knee injury. Go figure.

I'm not sold on Harris. Sorry but not enough vision or agility for me. He's a borderline Fullback.

Rooster should get a lot of touches. But I can't call it with this staph man.

Advertisement
Rousseau opted out so not sure why he's being included in an injury thread. Gore tore two ACL's at Miami. It's football. Harris coming back turned out to be a blessing.
He was injuried as a freshmen. Broke his ankle in game 2 or 3.

Advertisement
The point the poster is making is it really hurts Miami when we lose players of Chaney's caliber, because we are not Alabama, UGA, Clemson, eetc.. where we can plug and place, and keep moving.

When we had Rosseau opt out, it hurt, Our DL last year could've been really special with that group. We as fans were robbed of that.

With Richards, he broke an all time freshman record, and then had some injuries before having to medically retire.

With Chaney watch 2 runs on Saturday, and from Bama game, and you can see he is CLEARLY our most talented RB.

Keontra Smith had an opp to really develop into a solid LB this year. HE was our fastest LB. We got worse at LB with him going out. We need Sam Brooks back.

Clemson only has 51 blue chippers compared to Miami's 46. Oregon just beat OSU with 48.

Bad evals, average coaching, not getting young talent on the field as we have in years past. Kam/JW/Arroyo are the only freshmen to see real PT. Sure, we have lots of experience but we need to let the talent play even if it is only 10-15 snaps a game.

Chaney is injury prone unfortunately.
He injured his shoulder at HS all star game and had a minor procedure , missed no games at miami. Same injury to other shoulder in spring and was back missing no games. This is his first time being out for the season . There was an issue with both shoulders that are now fixed.

Advertisement
Anyone know how Cody has looked in practice? @Cribby cause this injury is a big blow.
He looked good for a Fr, big physical kid thats complete. He was clearly the number four ahead of Thad. He’s next man up until rooster is back. Imo I’d move Brashard there as an emergency rb, at least for a couple weeks.

Advertisement
Clemson only has 51 blue chippers compared to Miami's 46. Oregon just beat OSU with 48.

Bad evals, average coaching, not getting young talent on the field as we have in years past. Kam/JW/Arroyo are the only freshmen to see real PT. Sure, we have lots of experience but we need to let the talent play even if it is only 10-15 snaps a game.
The corches seem scared, they cant even corch the super seniors to be in right spot at right times.. We cant develop talent because we cant blow a team out and get guys reps, we are always in dog fights so corches dont trust young guys enough to play them

Chaney is tough as **** but he's had injury concerns dating back to HS. He was constantly battling stuff, most of it minor. Only positive is he's not putting many miles on his body this year but still what a brutal outcome for a promising young player. Here's to a speedy recovery!

He injured his shoulder at HS all star game and had a minor procedure , missed no games at miami. Same injury to other shoulder in spring and was back missing no games. This is his first time being out for the season . There was an issue with both shoulders that are now fixed.
So he’s consistently injured is what your saying. That’s not injury prone?

Advertisement
Back