This could get...interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
You're a good dude, I am not arguing with you on a personal level. My own thoughts are to change the Florida flag. You could easily display the state seal on a red or orange flag (instead of white with the red cross) and say that the color change is a reminder that we are the "Sunshine State".

I think the board historian indicated that there is evidence that the FL governor intended an homage to the Confederate battle flag back in 1895. I can also acknowledge that most of the South's Jim Crow racism was not recorded on paper for posterity. I have posted numerous other things discussing the construction of false southern mythology since 1865, and that's what I was getting at with "the red saltire is the St. Andrews cross and/or a tribute to our Spanish colonizers" and "the 13 stars represent the 13 colonies, and not the 13 (intended) Confederate states". The "stated reasons" are just a bunch of BS, it's just more fake southern mythology.

What is strange about all of this is that it has been an open secret for 150 years. I freely acknowledge that a lot of people TODAY are not aware of the history, but it exists, it can be researched, and it is not pleasant.

I'm just pointing out simple things. If the US Capitol removed the flags of Florida, Georgia, Alabama, and Mississippi, I find it hard to believe that the SEC and the NCAA will not have similar issues, once someone brings this to their attention.

Personally, I think that when the SEC and NCAA announced this policy, everyone thought it would only apply to Mississippi. Not so fast...
I'm not really a person that gets seriously attached to things, so I don't care about removing statues or changing flags. I just want it done by the political process, not mob rule. I can see both sides of the Florida flag argument and doubt anyone could make a successful case either way as has been the story thusfar.

Georgia is another story. That not that long ago and surprises me.

You post the links about allegations of Obama snorting coke and I'll post the links about allegations that W snorted coke.

As well as W's crafty "I haven't done drugs in the last 8 years" non-denial denial.

Obama smoked weed. Maybe a lot of weed. But weed.
Amazon product ASIN 0578013878
02212D5E-CDF3-4686-9C6B-E0A34453F7F9.png

Advertisement
Why? If it’s okay to trash President Trump then it’s okay to trash Hussein.

You change up your entire profile to fit your political agenda and run around in every thread throwing insults and politically incorrect slurs, on a football board. You're so charged up about the political landscape you need to make it your identity on a sports talk forum, lol. Just from being around here, I can't remember many like yourself that stick around.

You change up your entire profile to fit your political agenda and run around in every thread throwing insults and politically incorrect slurs, on a football board. You're so charged up about the political landscape you need to make it your identity on a sports talk forum, lol. Just from being around here, I can't remember many like yourself that stick around.
And you’re always the victim... predictable and pitiful. Don’t start any and there won’t be any.

Advertisement
Kind of sounds like you... 😆

2020 is lit AF on CIS.

These liberal punks have no clue, not everyone welcomes criminals like they do in liberal states.
He tried to make it sound like he's a tough guy. If he lived in the inner city he'd probably realize that he'll get shot their too. They feel they can run their mouth behind a computer screen and people will cower in fear. Probably a kid...

Advertisement
These degenerate redneck mutts on CIS are serious cultists. They will go to their graves supporting that blight on American history just because he's on their nerd political team.

Says the deranged old man who spends his week on AOL boards arguing with “degenerate rednecks”. At least you’re getting your money’s worth on your Grammarly subscription.

My lord and savior Donald J. Trump stays living rent free.

Advertisement
I’m curious. I don’t think the thread was started with ill intent, but as most threads lately, it’s become a garbage can of pointless political arguments. It’s become one step away from Twitter.

Even though we don’t agree on everything, I’ve enjoyed conversing with you because you can represent your viewpoint well.
Of course it was! But here it's fine if liberals start **** threads and threaten others but if the good guys do that's another story.

Everyone is hung up on statues, flags, chants and fight songs. I’m waiting for someone to suggest past NCs voted to segregated teams be forfeited. I’m not advocating it, mind you. But everyone is hung up on words and symbols while the history of segregated teams (and schools) was policy.

It brings up a very interesting question doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back