This could get...interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOriginalCane

So say good night to the bad guy!
Premium

I wonder how long it is going to take someone to point out to the NCAA that...

The ACTUAL Confederate flag:

1592587494310.png

And the Georgia flag:

1592587526684.png

are nearly identical.

Might need to find a new location for the SEC Championship Game and any bowl games...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm pretty sure that's not anywhere close to the slippery slope. The messed up part is that's what they changed it to from the battle flag.

From 1879 until now (with a 2-year exception), every version of the Georgia state flag has either incorporated the stars-and-bars (actual flag of the Confederacy) or the battle flag.

It's so freakin' obvious.

From 1879 until now (with a 2-year exception), every version of the Georgia state flag has either incorporated the stars-and-bars (actual flag of the Confederacy) or the battle flag.

It's so freakin' obvious.
The only reason I'm even aware of the GA flag at all is because a friend has been restoring a 77 Y82 Trans Am. He got the exact radio, antenna, and CB as the Smokey and the Bandit car. He said finding a genuine GA state flag license plate was more difficult than you's think, but he wanted it for authenticity even if it was in the trunk.

Advertisement
Everyone is hung up on statues, flags, chants and fight songs. I’m waiting for someone to suggest past NCs voted to segregated teams be forfeited. I’m not advocating it, mind you. But everyone is hung up on words and symbols while the history of segregated teams (and schools) was policy.

Advertisement
Everyone is hung up on statues, flags, chants and fight songs. I’m waiting for someone to suggest past NCs voted to segregated teams be forfeited. I’m not advocating it, mind you. But everyone is hung up on words and symbols while the history of segregated teams (and schools) was policy.

I have no problems with that. Army becomes the 60-consecutive-year national champion.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back