This could get...interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Sad little man you are if you need to constantly tongue punch the brown hole of a senile coke abuser and pedophile who just so happens to be our current president.
I think the coke abuser was #44 but who cares about facts...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Blue Lot Snowflake....

My liberal *** will skin u alive 1 layer at a time on the asphalt .

[]_[]
I'm on FR Rd 133 in Show low AZ I'd welcome you with open arms. If you need better directions just ask I know you liberals don't know how to read a map. Snowflake is just north of us, stop there first they will enjoy your company. What time should I expect you? LMAO

But when does this BS stop? Is it going to go on forever until every little bit of history is erased?

This argument of losing history is such nonsense. No one is saying forget it, what is being said is don't celebrate it.

Florida changed theirs 5 years after Alabama, but close enough. Likewise, I don't think adopting Scotland's flag was going to happen either. The St Andrews inspired by the cross of Burgundy always made sense to me. Our national colors are red, white and blue. I assume changing it from red to blue would also be a problem, so are you suggesting we completely get rid of it?

Georgia is a completely different discussion. There's no way to explain it away.

You're a good dude, I am not arguing with you on a personal level. My own thoughts are to change the Florida flag. You could easily display the state seal on a red or orange flag (instead of white with the red cross) and say that the color change is a reminder that we are the "Sunshine State".

I think the board historian indicated that there is evidence that the FL governor intended an homage to the Confederate battle flag back in 1895. I can also acknowledge that most of the South's Jim Crow racism was not recorded on paper for posterity. I have posted numerous other things discussing the construction of false southern mythology since 1865, and that's what I was getting at with "the red saltire is the St. Andrews cross and/or a tribute to our Spanish colonizers" and "the 13 stars represent the 13 colonies, and not the 13 (intended) Confederate states". The "stated reasons" are just a bunch of BS, it's just more fake southern mythology.

What is strange about all of this is that it has been an open secret for 150 years. I freely acknowledge that a lot of people TODAY are not aware of the history, but it exists, it can be researched, and it is not pleasant.

I'm just pointing out simple things. If the US Capitol removed the flags of Florida, Georgia, Alabama, and Mississippi, I find it hard to believe that the SEC and the NCAA will not have similar issues, once someone brings this to their attention.

Personally, I think that when the SEC and NCAA announced this policy, everyone thought it would only apply to Mississippi. Not so fast...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back