This could get...interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Florida's state flag is based on the CSA battle flag, so........
We debated this before, but other than the fact that it was done in 1890, there's no reason to believe it was anything other than a red St. Andrews cross reminiscent of the Cross of Burgundy from the Spanish colonial days. The governor at the time wanted it changed because it was just the seal on a white flag and he felt it looked too much like a white truce flag, which is understandable for any soldier, regardless of where/when they served.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think there should be white and black ****** though.

Like the ISIS ***** Flag?

Dildosis_Flag-002-e1435847638611.jpg

Advertisement
Nothing like a Trump rally. Been to 6 of them the safest and best show on earth. Now the liberal rallies are another story, but only a hundred show up. LMAO

Regardless of how you feel at them, I really think the ones who go to political rallies are weirdos. Especially with their original acoustic jams lol I couldn't tailgate for a guest speaker. That's where I draw the line.

We debated this before, but other than the fact that it was done in 1890, there's no reason to believe it was anything other than a red St. Andrews cross reminiscent of the Cross of Burgundy from the Spanish colonial days. The governor at the time wanted it changed because it was just the seal on a white flag and he felt it looked too much like a white truce flag, which is understandable for any soldier, regardless of where/when they served.

I have a Ph D in Southern and Florida history. I've published a book on Florida in the Civil War, I've published several articles on Florida and the Lost Cause. Sorry, I'm not trying to be an a$$ but you're wrong. Governor Fleming even said it was when it was it was adopted.

I have a Ph D in Southern and Florida history. I've published a book on Florida in the Civil War, I've published several articles on Florida and the Lost Cause. Sorry, I'm not trying to be an a$$ but you're wrong. Governor Fleming even said it was when it was it was adopted.
I'd love to see that. I couldn't find any record of that anywhere. It would be sad to change it because it actually stands out against the other states with really boring flags.

Advertisement
Regardless of how you feel at them, I really think the ones who go to political rallies are weirdos. Especially with their original acoustic jams lol I couldn't tailgate for a guest speaker. That's where I draw the line.
Trump is a riot he is no guest speaker. lol While you're in line is just as fun meeting other nice people. And the people who go to Trump rallies love this country and are willing to die for it believe me. Dumb *** liberals have no clue. The first rally was small maybe 4k, every single one got bigger as they went on. The last one had about 30k. We would have loved the Antifa crowd to come on our side of the fence, pussies. You don't have a clue to what you're talking about.

I'd love to see that. I couldn't find any record of that anywhere. It would be sad to change it because it actually stands out against the other states with really boring flags.

It's in a letter in Governor Fleming's official papers, which I believe are all online now, but were housed in Tallahassee at the state archives and are now at the Florida Historical Society.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back