Things that should get Manny fired in 2021

None of the above will get Manny fired.
The only thing that will get him fired is if our AD gets fired and the new AD comes in and cleans house.
Which is a pipe dream.
Here you have it.
You’re right but all of the above will make it a lot easier to justify ending his tenure sooner.
So while loosing to the noles won’t make anyone in the department or bot fire manny, it will definitely end any bit of slurper sickholes to remaine open. I’m sipping the Kool aid after Bama but losing to FSU would Make me spit it out.
If a coach can come in and just drywall and compound a team together with duct tape and beat you while you’ve been here 4 years and personally revamped the roster and coaching staff then it would absolutely mean you have no clue what your doing and it’s time to pack it up.

Advertisement
- last season on repeat

- a blowout loss to any team including Bama

- not winning the Coastal

- losing another bowl game

- losing to UNC again regardless of score

- Starting Amari Carter and or Gurvan Hall

- Starting Dee Wiggins and or Mark Pope

thoughts?

View attachment 144147

Not winning more than 9 games.

Defense doesn't improve. (His moves this off season were specifically aimed at improving the defense.)

A blowout loss to FSU.

Hopefully after the Bama massacre and those in “charge” realize he’s on a 3 game losing streak.

Jimmy Johnson lost his final 3 games of the 1984 season and the first of the 1985 season. I doubt math is your strong suit, but that was 4 games in a row. He also lost a bowl game in the 1985 season. Thankfully those in "charge" (not sure why charge is in quotes, it makes no sense. Did you mean "in charge"? Probably, but I doubt literacy is your strong suit) didn't do anything about the losing streak.

My point is you don't see coaches fired for losing badly as 3 TD underdogs.
No rational person is saying that is a fireable offense; however, if Diaz can’t compete with this team then one has to ask if he ever will. It’s year 3, time for some serious signs of success to come.

Advertisement
Jimmy Johnson lost his final 3 games of the 1984 season and the first of the 1985 season. I doubt math is your strong suit, but that was 4 games in a row. He also lost a bowl game in the 1985 season. Thankfully those in "charge" (not sure why charge is in quotes, it makes no sense. Did you mean "in charge"? Probably, but I doubt literacy is your strong suit) didn't do anything about the losing streak.

And here’s the village idiot rolling out the history of JJ. You’re like the dudes who still embrace the idea of having Butch back.

If you could please point to the part of my post where I mentioned JJ and at any point- his record- it would be greatly appreciated as you travel down a path that nobody even brought up.

Jimmy coming in after the 83 season is exactly like Manny coming into an actual established program. Half of the college football world didn’t even know the Miami Hurricanes even existed. They weren’t nationally known in 83 and didn’t really get to that point until JJ settled in.

Miami had one magnificent season where a lot of things had to go right just to beat Nebraska and win the title. Not to mention that Miami’s glorious history at that point was pretty slim. But yeah, exactly the same scenario. You guys should do that more often. It actually speaks volumes to your actual understanding of the program at that point. Howard gave JJ the tools to build Miami into the national power that followed his arrival. The 83 season didn’t make them a national power dummy- all the hard work that JJ and his staff accomplished, did. Nobody was looking to fire a guy from a still fairly unknown program. “Fans” like you believe that Miami became this ultra successful program just because they had a magical ride in 83. No, it took several more years to accomplish that.

The quotes around charge are exactly what they mean dummy. See, a lot of people can be “in” a multitude of things. However, none of them seem to be in “charge” of the actual program

Last edited:
No rational person is saying that is a fireable offense; however, if Diaz can’t compete with this team then one has to ask if he ever will. It’s year 3, time for some serious signs of success to come.

That’s the point that this idiot doesn’t comprehend. If you aren’t any closer to the top going into year 3- with Diaz- then most logical college football fans come to the conclusion that Mandy, and his unqualified ***, will never be able to accomplish that. Well, unless those 9-4 seasons are your bullseye.

Advertisement
Bama's 3rd string OL is better than our starting OL and is matching up against our weakest DL in years. That alone is worth a 10 point spread. Bama could lose half their roster to cousin ******* allegations and still roll us. We aren't in the same atmosphere in coaching or player talent, save your talk about expectations.

Such a BS post.
Any Cleetus, Billy-Bob, or Ann-Jo-Lee will tell you those Alabama cousin-******* laws are never enforced.

- last season on repeat

- a blowout loss to any team including Bama

- not winning the Coastal

- losing another bowl game

- losing to UNC again regardless of score

- Starting Amari Carter and or Gurvan Hall

- Starting Dee Wiggins and or Mark Pope

thoughts?

View attachment 144147
Agree with all of these 100% except losing the bowl game. Context should matter for that and bowls are losing relevance.

To elaborate:

Yes Bama is Bama but they have a ton of turnover in the coaching staff and offensive personnel. Gotta belong schematically or enough is enough.

No excuses with UNC. Again they lose their 4 top skill guys and Howell is overrated. Defensive HC should have a plan to expose a gimmicky RPO offense with a QB who unravels when his primary is taken away or his pocket isn't clean. ND did it last year.

Carter and Hall are too slow. So is Kinchens. Enough with the slow safeties FFS.

If Wiggins or Pope starts in 2021 that's an indictment on the lack of development happening in the WR room. Brinson is a much better version of Wiggins.

Advertisement
Agree with all of these 100% except losing the bowl game. Context should matter for that and bowls are losing relevance.

To elaborate:

Yes Bama is Bama but they have a ton of turnover in the coaching staff and offensive personnel. Gotta belong schematically or enough is enough.

No excuses with UNC. Again they lose their 4 top skill guys and Howell is overrated. Defensive HC should have a plan to expose a gimmicky RPO offense with a QB who unravels when his primary is taken away or his pocket isn't clean. ND did it last year.

Carter and Hall are too slow. So is Kinchens. Enough with the slow safeties FFS.

If Wiggins or Pope starts in 2021 that's an indictment on the lack of development happening in the WR room. Brinson is a much better version of Wiggins.
I thought Kinchens was slow till he chased down Amari Daniels. Let's see man but your right slow safeties should never be starting for UM

I thought Kinchens was slow till he chased down Amari Daniels. Let's see man but your right slow safeties should never be starting for UM
Amari Daniels don’t have that long speed imo. Kitchens gets by on instincts. He’s not any slower then Quan was

Advertisement

To elaborate:

Kinchens hasn't even taken a snap in a practice and he's already "slow." Gotta love this hard-hitting analysis.

And Johnson was getting savaged after the 1984 season. We were absolutely blown out against an average FSU at home. We blew a 31-0 halftime lead against Maryland. The Flutie game was cherry. Blew the opener against UF. Embarrassing loss to Tennessee in the Sugar Bowl. Imagine if CIS existed in 1985. LoL.

Advertisement
Back