They will regret this

Advertisement
It will be sooooo funny if/when Miami wins a championship with Richt while UGA is wallowing in mediocrity with Smart (an very likely scenario if you ask me).

I get why they fired him, they wanted and demanded more. However, the grass isn't always greener. Winning 10 a year isn't a bad place to be in. It's much more likely that it gets worse, before it gets better.

Advertisement
I've been really impressed with Georgia fans, I have to say. For the most part they've had nothing but nice things to say and I wish them the same.

That said, I think the fact that their coach can't start until after the title game in January is really going to hurt them. By that time, we will have picked off the best assistant coaches and Georgia will be left with whatever is left

They'll also need to play catchup in recruiting

They're gonna lose top rated quarterback in the country. Could be their Teddy Bridgewater.

Bridgewater was worse for us because he was right in our backyard whereas Eason is from Washington State. I still can't get over the Bridgewater throat slash in that bowl game.

He may not start until after the title game but I'm sure he'll be involved. Would even help his momentum if Bama wins the title.

I've been really impressed with Georgia fans, I have to say. For the most part they've had nothing but nice things to say and I wish them the same.

That said, I think the fact that their coach can't start until after the title game in January is really going to hurt them. By that time, we will have picked off the best assistant coaches and Georgia will be left with whatever is left

They'll also need to play catchup in recruiting

They're gonna lose top rated quarterback in the country. Could be their Teddy Bridgewater.

Yeah, I almost want them to have success if the people that have been vocal this last week are actually reflective of their fanbase as a whole. I don't know if Smart will work out but I'll certainly pull for them when they're playing other SEC teams.

Advertisement
Generally a nice fan base. Haven't seen too many insults directed at Miami or its fans. Maybe uga actually respects our program for what it has accomplished.

Like UGA fans. I always pulled for them because of Coach Richt. But their ad is an *******.

I think Smart crashes and the AD burns.

They have dark days ahead of them. Football purgatory for firing Pastor Richt like that.

A lot of asst head coaches become good head coaches but if you look at the top 25
- almost all of ones that have found success were promoted at the same school where they were an asst - Jimbo, Dawbo, Shaw, Patterson
- only Stoops and Herman went from Asst head coach to head coach at another school

Advertisement
That was a beautiful letter. I don't know why, but I started feeling emotional afterwards.

I rarely root for another team unless it helps Miami, but I'll be pulling for Georgia from now on.

I rarely root for another team unless it helps Miami, but I'll be pulling for Georgia from now on.

I am a UGA alum and a huge GA fan living in **** in TN. However, a little bit of UGA died with this move. I know Mark personally and love the man. I am now a fan of THE U! I will be keeping up and pulling hard for his first appearance in the playoffs. I don't know if he can pull Eason but I really hope he does. I am looking forward to getting to know this fan base.

Advertisement
Georgia will do less with Smart then they ever did with Richt.

It's certainly a risky choice any time you promote a coordinator. Maybe too risky for an established program like uga. Maybe they should have replaced richt with a guy with head coaching experience.

They had to make a change. Richt was burnt out there. He'll be able to coach the way he wants at Miami and under less pressure, as hard as that is to believe. He laughs at banners, compared to SEC boosters and living in a relatively small city where everyone knows you and I'm sure has an opinion on your job performance. this was a good move for both of them. It's like the world was lifted off his shoulders.

i've always liked georgia. Cousin of mine went there and it's a fun city. Never knew much about Richt, just liked them out of default for hating saban, meyer, spurrier and the rest of the SEC so much that they were usually playing one of those teams and I'd be rooting for UGA to win

I can't blame them for wanting to make a change, 15 years is a long time. I don't think we should feel like we're getting their leftovers however. It's a different city, different conference, and what seems to be an energized richt

Advertisement
Back