" They don't know football "

While I've soldered a pipe once or twice, I wouldn't consider myself an expert plumber. I can, however, recognize when one plumber does work very differently than a previously successful one. And, I most definitely can recognize a leaking pipe when water is rising above my ankles.
Queue the Forrest Gump, "I am not a smart man, but I know what crappy football is."

Advertisement
The old tried and true you didn’t have your hand in the dirt so don’t speak argument.

Look one thing he’s right about, assuming it’s the point he’s trying to make, is that 95% of fans couldn’t tell you a thing about the X’s and O’s, or draw up a real play. The flaw with that ridiculous argument is who gives a f*ck? I can’t build an iPhone but I sure as **** know when it’s broken.

Advertisement
Well tell me CMR if we fans don't know football as you say in interviews. How simple of a concept is it to know that if your OLine is not " executing " in other words stink at protection roll your **** Quarterback out more often. If you want to improve your running game pass on first down. And if you want to convert 3rd downs dont run when you have 4 yards to go.
How did I do ?

And one quick note if you think being at home CMR is a good thing your team will get booed off the field if you coaches don't figure it out.

One way to weed out the ***aloons is seeing who downvotes posts like this.

I'm going to read between the lines on that comment from Richt about the fans not knowing football and say that what Richt means is that only the coaches can know what the QBs and OL are capable of and for that matter, all personal.

There are things going on behind the scenes and in practice, we can't possibly know about and for me, it is the reason I am slow to criticize any coaching staff.

That's well and good if he didn't get the exact same criticisms for years at UGA.

Advertisement
CMR: "They don't know football"
CiS:
Pesci1.jpg

Advertisement
I'm going to read between the lines on that comment from Richt about the fans not knowing football and say that what Richt means is that only the coaches can know what the QBs and OL are capable of and for that matter, all personal.

There are things going on behind the scenes and in practice, we can't possibly know about and for me, it is the reason I am slow to criticize any coaching staff.
That presumes that the players show their capabilities during practice, so for them to go into repeated games and forget how to do that... that's bad coaching. "Practice does not make perfect. Practice makes permanence." If you practice like crap, you execute like crap and you get stuck in that rut. I was drilled that early in life, and that is what it looks like when we watch this "failure of execution." I refuse to believe that these coaches are seeing phenomenal practices from our players and then our players forgetting everything they've been practicing for the last 1-2 years.

The play calling is garbage. But even if from their perspective it isn't, the players' execution is fully on the staff, and if the staff notices that the players can't execute the garbage plays called, CHANGE THE ******* PLAYS.

correct. But since you are not an expert, don't talk like you are an expert.
Ah, confusion. Somewhere you got mixed up on telling people what to do. Whenever I comment on something substantive, I invite you to challenge it. Let's see where it goes? Talk soon.

Advertisement
This is South Florida, a place that breeds football in kids before they hit middle school. We have enough of a knowledge to call BS when we see it.

Not going to give this its own thread, but a friend of mine works for the team and had a opportunity to talk to some BC analysts at the game. On Miami (Offense), one said “you were the easiest team we’ve ever gameplanned against in my career.”

Homer and Jordan both said they need to execute better, weren't questioning the play calling. Guess they're drinking the kool aid too huh. Doesn't fit the narrative of a lot of porsters. DeeJay supports HC, but he doesn't count either I guess.

Al Golden defensive players said the same thing.

Your logic is to ignore what Richt actually said, project an entirely different point onto him and assume he meant something else, then note that this other point that he didn’t actually say, it’s unknowable for people who aren’t at practice so you defer to him. On the thing you made up for him, but he didn’t even say. Nicely done.

Advertisement
Back