Rumor They Are Making Noise About A "Ruiz Rule"

Advertisement
Good luck to the NCAA on circumventing the ruling of the Supreme Court. There will be major lawsuits filed against them, and they will not win.

Funny how Baga, Taint, aTm and Texas were giving out huge NIL deals and nobody said a word. As soon as Miami and SC do it, they bust out the pitchforks and torches.

That's what Roe said . . . :moon2:

You are absolutely wrong. Many, many, many people buy Tesla's because of Elon Musk and his personality. He has a cult following, and it's that cult following that is really the only reason his company is valued as highly as it is, which gave him the ability to virtually print money to finance the growth of his business. Sorry buddy, but you are out of your depth here...way out of your depth!
20220509_180633.jpg

For zombies.

Other state laws specifically allow universities to publish NIL opportunities and have coaches discuss or direct them. This directly goes against some state laws.

Ok...

...and "coaches" are not the same as "boosters"...

And some states allow prostitution (Nevada), but you still can't provide a recruit with hookers...

Advertisement
Look at this ******* ****, these people actually cited "Student mental health" as a reason that they're coming after us. Yeah, I'm sure the high school kid that got that $8M deal is down in the dumps:

1652140655762.png

I have zero doubts this happens. Think they try going after our deal with every player, Texas, and BYU as well. I feel like their clarification clearly states you can't offer blanket NIL
It's irrelevant. He has the money to stay in court for 10 years. The NCAA cannot litigate this issue. They are up against too many people with bottomless funds.

It's irrelevant. He has the money to stay in court for 10 years. The NCAA cannot litigate this issue. They are up against too many people with bottomless funds.
10 years in Court is 10 years the NCAA can grant sanctions to UM if we choose to stay a part of NCAA.

We can't break out of the NCAA on our own.

Ok...

...and "coaches" are not the same as "boosters"...

And some states allow prostitution (Nevada), but you still can't provide a recruit with hookers...

It specifically says that universities can have NIL groups present opportunities to recruits on campus. That's specifically against the new rules from the NCAA. They just lost 9-0 in court, this isn't a winning path for them.

Advertisement
Must suck for the schools relying on collectives rather than a company who has been doing marketing with the athletes’ NIL and publishing the impact of its marketing campaign along the way
Ruiz is touting that actually having kids on his payroll protects him from any NCAA legislation. I’m not going to even pretend I understand any of legality of this but he’s probably right. He can tangibly point to advertisements. Again I have no idea how this works but I don’t think it’s a stretch.

From the article:
"Right now, it really is the Wild, Wild West,” the anonymous athletic director told CBS Sports. “If you're [Miami coach] Jim Larranaga, how are you trying to coach that team? With Isaiah Wong [whose NIL agent requested a new deal after Nigel Pack was paid more in NIL], you are really an NBA coach. You haven't heard from Coach Larranaga. You haven't from [AD Dan Radakovich], and you haven't heard from the sport program administrator for men's basketball. The only person you've heard from is [Miami booster and collective chief] John Ruiz and his agent."

We're shouldn't hear from Larranaga, Rad, or the university about Wong's or any of the other players NIL deals. They're not the ones who employ the athletes. Of course you're going to hear about it from Ruiz, he's the one paying the athlete for his NIL. Ruiz, or whatever company employing the Athlete are the only ones who should be talking about NIL payments. If I'm Laranaga and a reporter asked me about Wong's NIL deal I'd simply say talk to Wong or compliance, the deal doesn't go through me. I'm his coach, not his agent.

Ruiz is touting that actually having kids on his payroll protects him from any NCAA legislation. I’m not going to even pretend I understand any of legality of this but he’s probably right. He can tangibly point to advertisements. Again I have no idea how this works but I don’t think it’s a stretch.
I have no idea and frankly, I’m not sure the NCAA does either. What I do know is he is one of the few people actually doing marketing with these athletes, and while he is loud and out there, he also seems to be fairly detail oriented with these contracts.

It’s just such a stupid system because of the NCAA’s impotent leadership. How do you reconcile these companies acting independently with them needing to communicate with schools’s compliance teams to ensure no issues and the contracts are right. The NCAA clearly thought the extent of this would be one off deals like the Clemson QB with Dr Pepper and they totally missed the boat as usual.

Lol; what did I say ya’ll? Lol. I said as SOON as Miami gets involved w/ NIL, the NCAA will then look in to it.

I love Ruiz, but I also move in silence. I was cool w/ the stadium talk, his biz, etc. But just knowing how creepy The NCAA’s obsession w/ us, I was like man, I don’t like our NIL biz being put on front street, b/c of the pay - for - play clause which is in the NIL bylaws.

You are correct we should always try to operate in silence.

As per NCAA guidelines in Section 8 of the "Miami Return to Dominace Prevention" guidelines. Article 342 clearly states that "Whenever ANY rule change is mandated forcibly upon the NCAA by outsiders it must be reviewed by the NCAA'S well funded, super secret IHM ( I HATE MIAMI) committee.

The primary and exclusive charter of the IHM is to "Find and eliminate or mitigate any potential positive impact that any rule change can have for the University of Miami."

With that being case, we do need to maintain a low profile until we've regained absolute CFB supremacy.

Regardless, I seriously doubt that even the super secret IHM committee can put the NIL genie back into the bottle

Last edited:
Advertisement
It specifically says that universities can have NIL groups present opportunities to recruits on campus. That's specifically against the new rules from the NCAA. They just lost 9-0 in court, this isn't a winning path for them.

Again...not sure how many times this needs to be said...

THE NCAA DID NOT LOSE 9-0 IN THE SUPREME COURT ON AN NIL CASE. The Alston case was NOT NOT NOT about NIL. It was about limitations on the amount of money THE SCHOOL can provide the to athletes. It involved the "academic achievement awards" and the like.

Seems like they specifically called out his deal in the guidance. Would be interested in understanding how they structured the deal. Media just made it out like he's paying every player a stipend a month.

Didn't the NCAA send an inquiry letter? You'd think something would have been said if they were concerned

Advertisement
You are correct we should always try to operate in silence.

As per NCAA guidelines in Section 8 of the "Miami Prevention" guidelines. Article 342 clearly states that "Whenever any rule change is mandated forcibly upon the NCAA by outsiders it must be reviewed by the NCAA'S well funded, super secret IHM ( I HATE MIAMI) committee.

The primary and exclusive charter of the IHM is to "Find and eliminate or mitigate any potential positive impact that any rule change can have for the University of Miami."

With that being case, we do need to maintain a low profile until we've regained absolute CFB supremacy.

Regardless, I seriously doubt that even the super secret IHM committee can put the NIL genie back into the bottle

I just find it hilarious trying to retroactively enforce anything. Lol.

Sometimes I wish I could meet w/ the governing body to speak common sense to them. They could’ve easily used the Ed O’Bannon’s trial as a guideline, meaning, his gripe w/ being a former student athlete. The gripe was “his NIL” was used for profit by UCLA, the NCAA & the gaming industry. Meanwhile, he didn’t receive a red cent off his image. That’s the purpose of NIL; that a student athlete, while enrolled, should be able to profit or make $$ off their NIL. So take a guy like Johnny Manziel who was offered $$ for autographs, as an example; under NIL, that would be perfectly legal, & it should be legal.

By the NCAA continuing to be archaic in their approach, they allowed a ***** to be exposed in their governance. By the ruling of SCOTUS, instead of pivoting to right the wrongs, they buried their heads in the sand, inputting ambiguous language (which I highlighted), allowing “interpretation” to be used. What did they think was going to happen?

My problem is this; why now? Of course it’s b/c of both Miami & SC. Neither schools r in the good graces of the NCAA’s Governing Body. The NCAA is completely biased towards B1G football, by tradition, & became overtly biased towards the SEC once Emmert came on as President. It’s sickening that “now” they want to enforce rules, but it was quite OK for Ewers & Nico to receive 7 figures while in HS, it was perfectly fine for TAMU to bankroll its class of ‘22; but, as soon as Ruiz tweets about CURRENT/ENROLLED/TRANSFER players receiving NIL deals or that SC allegedly offered Addison a NIL deal to transfer, now it’s a problem? C’mon.

I agree w/ boosters involvement in the sense of pay-for-play (which in actuality was taking place) needs to be curtailed, but what Ruiz was doing was w/in set guidelines.

I just find it hilarious trying to retroactively enforce anything. Lol.

Sometimes I wish I could meet w/ the governing body to speak common sense to them. They could’ve easily used the Ed O’Bannon’s trial as a guideline, meaning, his gripe w/ being a former student athlete. The gripe was “his NIL” was used for profit by UCLA, the NCAA & the gaming industry. Meanwhile, he didn’t receive a red cent off his image. That’s the purpose of NIL; that a student athlete, while enrolled, should be able to profit or make $$ off their NIL. So take a guy like Johnny Manziel who was offered $$ for autographs, as an example; under NIL, that would be perfectly legal, & it should be legal.

By the NCAA continuing to be archaic in their approach, they allowed a ***** to be exposed in their governance. By the ruling of SCOTUS, instead of pivoting to right the wrongs, they buried their heads in the sand, inputting ambiguous language (which I highlighted), allowing “interpretation” to be used. What did they think was going to happen?

My problem is this; why now? Of course it’s b/c of both Miami & SC. Neither schools r in the good graces of the NCAA’s Governing Body. The NCAA is completely biased towards B1G football, by tradition, & became overtly biased towards the SEC once Emmert came on as President. It’s sickening that “now” they want to enforce rules, but it was quite OK for Ewers & Nico to receive 7 figures while in HS, it was perfectly fine for TAMU to bankroll its class of ‘22; but, as soon as Ruiz tweets about CURRENT/ENROLLED/TRANSFER players receiving NIL deals or that SC allegedly offered Addison a NIL deal to transfer, now it’s a problem? C’mon.

I agree w/ boosters involvement in the sense of pay-for-play (which in actuality was taking place) needs to be curtailed, but what Ruiz was doing was w/in set guidelines.

I completely agree with your stance on this issue.

I also understand that to attempt talking common sense and ethics with a corrupt organization is going down a road that always leads to disappointment and a dead end.

The NCAA has long ago exceeded its original design and in doing so lost any semblance of fairness. They want control and MONEY $$$

Whenever profits enters the picture of any organization it quickly becomes more important than focusing and following your original objectives. They developed a cushy lifestyle that far exceeds their worth to college sports

So the NCAA fights against NIL simply because CURRENTLY they cannot get their hands into that till. They want control and a cut of that action.

Maintaining fairness in college athletics was dropped a long time ago.

Last edited:
I completely agree with your stance on this issue.

I also understand that to attempt talking common sense and ethics with a corrupt organization is going down a road that always leads to disappointment and a dead end.

The NCAA has long ago exceeded its original design and in doing so lost any semblance of fairness. They want total control and MONEY $$$

Whenever profits enters the picture of any organization it quickly becomes more important than focusing and following your original objectives. They developed a cushy lifestyle that far exceeds their worth to college sports

So the NCAA fights against NIL simply because CURRENTLY they cannot get their hands into that till. They want a cut of the action.

Maintaining fairness in college athletics was dropped a long time ago.

Beautifully, beautifully said. Totally agree w/ u

Advertisement
Back