Rumor They Are Making Noise About A "Ruiz Rule"

What the **** does this even mean?
You would need to expand the whole thread.

Cliffs Notes:
- Appears Thompson claiming Ruiz backed out of chance to debate him
- Ruiz released DMs allegedly showing the invite

Shït is turning into, "No, YOU are the poopee head"

Advertisement
Ruiz needs to chill on Twitter, not in regards to NIL but Gator fans ****talk him for the single purpose of getting an emotional reaction out of him.

Ruiz needs to chill on Twitter, not in regards to NIL but Gator fans ****talk him for the single purpose of getting an emotional reaction out of him.

Be careful. If you even mention a more restrained approach, you will get the "but a CEO of a publicly-traded company should spend all day tweeting at his detractors because because because PR and Elon Musk and fvck the Gaytors..."

Hire people to fight your Twitter flame wars for you. Save your time and energy for destroying Finebaum on live TV.

Be careful. If you even mention a more restrained approach, you will get the "but a CEO of a publicly-traded company should spend all day tweeting at his detractors because because because PR and Elon Musk and fvck the Gaytors..."

Hire people to fight your Twitter flame wars for you. Save your time and energy for destroying Finebaum on live TV.
i got no issue with him advertising his brand. i am a bit more relaxed compared to others in here regarding this.

however, he is engaging in active ****talk with people who have nothing to lose.

You would need to expand the whole thread.

Cliffs Notes:
- Appears Thompson claiming Ruiz backed out of chance to debate him
- Ruiz released DMs allegedly showing the invite

Shït is turning into, "No, YOU are the poopee head"
youare GIF

Advertisement

Seems like TrumpyCane will be working for Ruiz soon

i got no issue with him advertising his brand. i am a bit more relaxed compared to others in here regarding this.

however, he is engaging in active ****talk with people who have nothing to lose.
As the incomparable Mark Twain advised,
”Never argue with a fool. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience“.

Advertisement

Yep.

There's a difference between "my tweet on the $800K Nijel Pack contract got X million views" and Twitter flame battles with anonymous morons.

He's part of a new breed of wealthy IMO, no longer do many of them just sit back and take **** from rando's.
I'm much more comfortable with a guy talking isht that actually backs it up than the other way around.

toothpaste is out of tube,& you cannot put it back into tube. NCAA is toast period short or long term. when ACC commissioner of ACC Phillips says NCAA is gone it's only a matter of time till power 5 football schools represent themselves.
criticism of Ruiz is purely B.S. as NCAA is still seeking to be relevant ........

@AtlAtty

Is the phrasing (Ruiz's response) of this messaging problematic?

I don’t think so. Is your concern over Ruiz writing that ‘because you committed to the U, now Life Wallet is now committed to you‘? Implying that it is some form of pay for play?
The reason I don’t think it is a problem is that the point of NIL for the company, putting aside the player at the moment, is for the company to market itself to potential customers using the player for advertising/marketing. So assume that company X is in Athens, GA. And its customers are primarily in North Georgia. Company X will want to use UGA players to most effectively reach its customers.
Life Wallet will always argue that it is using UM players not because Ruiz is a fan of UM, but because he believes that using UM players is the most effective way to reach his customer base.
So if we look back at Ruiz’s comment, he is basically saying that because Mesidor will play at UM, he has marketing value for Life Wallet and enhances Life Wallet’s ability to reach its customer base. Which is really the same argument every corporation engaging in NIL will make if questioned why did they use a particular player from a particular school.
Maybe we wish he had not included the word “committed” in his tweet but the overall point is that UM players have marketing value to Life Wallet.

If I am misunderstanding your question please let me know.

Advertisement
"...Is your concern over Ruiz writing that ‘because you committed to the U, now Life Wallet is now committed to you‘? Implying that it is some form of pay for play?...

If I am misunderstanding your question please let me know..."
Yes 100%.

You got it as usual.

If I understand correctly, NIL is fundamentally, "you have endorsement value to LifeWallet, therefore LifeWallet is willing to pay you $X fkr that service"

Am I tracking?

Also, John Ruiz, we know you are on CIS. I need an NIL deal. Trust me baby, when Empy gives the nod, I move product!!!

🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Advertisement
Here’s a simple answer for you. NO!

If you want to keep living your NIL life afraid, feel free to do so.

He could’ve left the gator long snapper the same message.
Not living afraid by any account. Just fairly strong implication of pay to pay only because player comes to U.

As long as that is ok NIL-wise, let's crank up the music.

Not living afraid by any account. Just fairly strong implication of pay to pay only because player comes to U.

As long as that is ok NIL-wise, let's crank up the music.
I would agree that for someone or something looking to find fault, see NCAA or our competitors, they will spin the use of the word “committed”. But knowing what we do about Ruiz, I am very confident he made sure that Mesidor was signed to UM before any contract was created between him and Life Wallet. Ruiz will win this issue because the only siubstantrive evidence on this issue will be those 2 facts; when did Mesidor commit to UM and when did Mesidor Wigan with Life Wallet.

John Ruiz has read the current NIL rules inside and out. The only way the NCAA can challenge him is to change the rules. But once the rules change and a player iOS impacted, the NCAA will be right back to losing in court because the limitation will almost surely violate the Supreme Court decision. The only chance the NCAA has will be against those companies that blatantly use NIL for recruIting. But Ruiz is too shrewd to mess this up

What the **** does this even mean?
Ruiz offered Thompson a debate. Thompson took the bait, then wriggled off the hook and then claimed Ruiz backed out. DMs proved Thompson was lying, just like his lie that the Gator long snapper was offered an NIL deal. Thompson’s response was to then block any canes fans that called him out on the lie. Now he claims victory since nobody is left to disagree with him.

Advertisement
Back