Rumor They Are Making Noise About A "Ruiz Rule"

Advertisement
I don’t believe when NIL came about it was going to be what it has become.it’s way beyond , out of control and a no boundary situation. Personally I liked the suit case days $$$

You’re a complete idiot.

What you’re proposing puts us at a horrific disadvantage, like we have been the last 20 years.

Eat some brain food, you need it.

Sanction for what?

You need to understand how regulatory framework functions in America if you're going to not care what happens in a courtroom after the SCOTUS ruling.

You do know that NCAA action can be appealed to a court of law, right?
Maybe I wasn't clear earlier.

You indicated that in a court of law, there would be a difficulty establishing that any entity or individual induced (recruited) a player to come to a certain school in exchange for a promotional/business deal. I'd tend to agree with that conceptually.

My point merely was that what can be proven in court and the various evidentiary standards that exist, are very, very different from the current NCAA investigation/system that can sanction a school based on what amounts to very informal investigations and standards. Ultimately, the question facing schools is not what can the NCAA prove in court, but rather what findings and conclusions and punishment can the NCAA levy in a very different setting. Hence why I suggested that court doesn't matter in this context.

Advertisement
I thought LifeWallet was the shell company. His real money is in MSP recovery I think (which is the main company with the SPAC deal, and that company owns LifeWallet).

This is probably on of those times...it's best for us to just let it be and ask no questions. lol

By self-promotion, you mean his company marketing itself using the name, image, and likeness of a player?

Nah, that's fine. The real problem is the pix, the social media ON HIS PERSONAL ACCOUNT, the tweets, etc.

I love John Ruiz, he just needs to take a lower profile on a PERSONAL level. Put the name "LifeWallet" on everything, though, I don't have a problem with that.

Maybe I wasn't clear earlier.

You indicated that in a court of law, there would be a difficulty establishing that any entity or individual induced (recruited) a player to come to a certain school in exchange for a promotional/business deal. I'd tend to agree with that conceptually.

My point merely was that what can be proven in court and the various evidentiary standards that exist, are very, very different from the current NCAA investigation/system that can sanction a school based on what amounts to very informal investigations and standards. Ultimately, the question facing schools is not what can the NCAA prove in court, but rather what findings and conclusions and punishment can the NCAA levy in a very different setting. Hence why I suggested that court doesn't matter in this context.

Sanction for what? All NCAA enforcement power related to NIL has been completely nullified after the SCOTUS ruling.

Frivolous enforcement efforts by the NCAA can absolutely be challenged in court and overturned. That NCAA setting doesn't matter if their claims are frivolous. It will be appealed and NCAA will lose even more power, waste their limited resources, and become a bigger joke.

Imagine Danny getting into a debate on this or even a debate on any topic. He is legit dumb.

Live video of Danny at the debate

down-syndrome-huh.gif

Advertisement
Nah, that's fine. The real problem is the pix, the social media ON HIS PERSONAL ACCOUNT, the tweets, etc.

I love John Ruiz, he just needs to take a lower profile on a PERSONAL level. Put the name "LifeWallet" on everything, though, I don't have a problem with that.
If he put it up on the Lifewallet page, we would be at the exact same spot. I agree with you that it could (should?) be done on there, but the end result is the same - he is complying with the letter of the law.

You want a legitimate NIL regulation to avoid tampering?

Make a regulation that says an NIL offer cannot be made in such a way that necessitates an athlete's switching schools. Like a reverse non-compete. If the contract requires you to be within a certain geographic region in order to fulfill commitments (the current way to require a athletes play for a school without saying it explicitly), and its offered to a kid currently not in that geographic region and attending another school, and that's found to induce a transfer, some sort of tampering/penalties for the offending NIL dealmaker/and the benefitting school. Force kids to actually enter the transfer portal before negotiating a deal.

This leaves HS recruiting as open for NIL, while at least making a token attempt to bring some reasonable level of poaching protection for smaller schools.
That's a pretty good idea.. But next question would be how to guarantee there would be no tampering that enticed someone to enter the portal.

Find it hard to believe that schools that abide by state laws will be punished by an organization that is subservient to those laws. Have to trust that someone as meticulous as Coach Cristobal would ensure there's little if any opportunity for UM to get caught with its pants down.

Its not my personal style but no issue at all with how Ruiz is handling this. This is EXACTLY how NIL is meant to work. He is legitimately paying for endorsements and marketing of his company. He has every right to bring attention and its smart business for him and for the school.

For Miami it lets everyone know this is a healthy NIL market (since the school cant be attached to NIL directly themself). And where to even start when it comes to how Lifewallet has benefited. Not only do most Canes football fans now know about the product but he is getting attention from all the national sources as well. In addition to football there is representation on an Elite 8 basketball team and two of the most socially followed women's basketball players in the US which is another a huge demographic. This exposure is going to pay off big when Lifewallet goes public. This is not a collective, Its brilliant and its totally legit. He even has non UM athletes under contract, let's see them even try to take him down.

Forget working in the shadows, there is no reason to hide. Shout from the rooftops John Ruiz, you'r the hero we deserve.
LETS.... GO.... CANES!
Yes...Yes...Yes. He is paying for the promotion of his business. What good does it do him to be quiet?

It's part of Wong's commercial - the "Wong" quote. Don't be hypersensitive (not you directly). It's literally using his name "N" as a spokesperson.

Trust me, I’m not…I’m saying ppl who have a gripe w/ everything look to take offense to anything w/ the climate that we’re in.

Advertisement
He isn’t using NiL as pay for play. He’s using NiL as pay to promote, and the contract requires location based time commitments which just so happen to only be possible if you attend a school in south Florida. It also just so happens that Miami is the only South Florida school that actually competes for 4star+ guys….

Secondly I don’t even think Ruiz is technically a booster! nor is his company a collective.

My friend, context is everything. The whole point is the NCAA & their agendas against us.

Advertisement
The CBS article refers to Ruiz as the "head of the Miami collective". They literally did not do any research

U see what I mean? I have no issues w/ us being apart of the game, but it’s a well known fact in society that when the little guy comes up in the good ole boys society, they have big issues. ****, my grandma became a millionaire over night by her own blood, sweat, & tears from properly investing. She has no College education & didn’t finish HS til she was 26 yrs old. The gov’t taxed the absolute chit out of her. Meanwhile, billionaires r getting away w/ crime by exploiting every loop hole known to man. That’s the society we’re in.

The NCAA don’t want us back, the SEC don’t want us back. They don’t want SC back either. We’re outliers, so of course when we start making noise & put a dent in their loop holed operation, they were going to go whine to mama (NCAA). It’s bull chit.

Never bet against the self-made billionaires. They are used to fights and win them, they have an army of lawyers who are better than anyone the NCAA can hire for 75k/year, and they are very, very smart.
If you guys think the NCAA has any leverage on John Ruiz you are wholly mistaken. The only issue that will be decided if this goes to court is whether the NCAA even exists after Ruiz is done with them.
I could care less but this will be the nail in the NCAA’s coffin if they do anything to stop kids from being paid for their NIL.

I've laid low on this, because what I have to say would take 100 pages, but to be slightly brief, you are one of the only people in here who completely get it. Who in their right mind thinks that John Ruiz shouldn't execute his business model by publicizing his NIL deals to create actual value from the agreements? Who in their right mind thinks John Ruiz is going to cower and "lay low" when he's completely in the legal right? John Ruiz would LOVE the NCAA to come after him. He would eat them alive. Because he's right. And because he's better. The NCAA won't go near him.

This thread is an excellent window into who here is happy to count the days down to their next paycheck and who the doers are. Fans are in their panties because SI and other rags are smearing us incorrectly? "He's too brash!" "He should lay low!" News flash, people. They ALREADY HATE US. Anything we do that leads us to be successful they are going to write about negatively. Whether we publicize it or not. In fact, if we keep it quiet they will accuse us of hiding something.

Oh no! We celebrated a TD?

Oh no, a private businessman, with all contracts approved by Miami compliance, is hiring students to work for his companies?

Nut up, people. They are always going to try to tear us down. You can either cry about how scared you are the boogeyman might get us, or sit back and enjoy it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back