Rumor They Are Making Noise About A "Ruiz Rule"

Advertisement
Lol; what did I say ya’ll? Lol. I said as SOON as Miami gets involved w/ NIL, the NCAA will then look in to it.

I love Ruiz, but I also move in silence. I was cool w/ the stadium talk, his biz, etc. But just knowing how creepy The NCAA’s obsession w/ us, I was like man, I don’t like our NIL biz being put on front street, b/c of the pay - for - play clause which is in the NIL bylaws.

Advertisement
Its not about Ruiz. Its about collectives like Rising Spear.

Ruiz has NIL deals with his company LifeWallet. Thats legal.

Lol; what did I say ya’ll? Lol. I said as SOON as Miami gets involved w/ NIL, the NCAA will then look in to it.

I love Ruiz, but I also move in silence. I was cool w/ the stadium talk, his biz, etc. But just knowing how creepy The NCAA’s obsession w/ us, I was like man, I don’t like our NIL biz being put on front street, b/c of the pay - for - play clause which is in the NIL bylaws.
Yeah - the being so boastful about it, breaking commitment news... there are some things, even within the rules, that aren't smart to call attention to yourself (especially when you are a school like Miami).

Danny out here getting murdered on Twitter.
stand by me jerry oconnell GIF

Advertisement
Ruiz will win in court If they go too far with this.
And we don’t need this to recruit. Once players know that performance at UM results in big NIL deals, they will come for “nothing” and know they will get paid for production.
FYI, everyone would rather see payment for production than paying recruits. Including Ruiz.
‘Anyone who thinks this will matter is being foolish. Like dumb *** Danny Kanell. He’s probably still losing sleep over the beat down in ‘94.

The NCAA is not prepared to deal with sharks like Ruiz, right or wrong...

I feel it in my plums...

I told yall no matter how much money the Ruiz guy had to blow (legit or otherwise) doing it in such a public way was idiotic. Gonna have a potential seriously negative effect on the program just like Nevin did 10 years ago. I am all for doin it, NIL will work well, but do it in private or do not disclose the dollar amounts.

Red Velvet; Miami will always have a target on their back because of dumb gloat **** like this. Knowing this is a grey area that could get closed up any moment, I would have moved a bit more pragmatically, personally.

Ruiz hasnt heard anything from the NCAA. He literally has to negotiate with a player via an agent or with the player himself.

Advertisement
I told yall no matter how much money the Ruiz guy had to blow (legit or otherwise) doing it in such a public way was idiotic. Gonna have a potential seriously negative effect on the program just like Nevin did 10 years ago. I am all for doin it, NIL will work well, but do it in private or do not disclose the dollar amounts.

Red Velvet; Miami will always have a target on their back because of dumb gloat **** like this. Knowing this is a grey area that could get closed up any moment, I would have moved a bit more pragmatically, personally.
Stop ******* comparing Ruiz to Shapiro. Holy ****...

Yeah - the being so boastful about it, breaking commitment news... there are some things, even within the rules, that aren't smart to call attention to yourself (especially when you are a school like Miami).

That’s all I’m saying. U have to move in silence, bro. I was literally counting down in my head when chit was going to hit the fan.

Advertisement
Good luck to the NCAA on circumventing the ruling of the Supreme Court. There will be major lawsuits filed against them, and they will not win.

Funny how Baga, Taint, aTm and Texas were giving out huge NIL deals and nobody said a word. As soon as Miami and SC do it, they bust out the pitchforks and torches.

Ruiz hasnt heard anything from the NCAA. He literally has to negotiate with a player via an agent or with the player himself.

I don’t think u get it, bro; how u word things is everything. Openly recruiting to come to a school using NIL is a different animal vs. announcing the NIL deal after the student commits/signs. Why do u think USC’s leak is causing an uproar.

It’s the Wild Wild West, but there’s a for sure black & white clause which says NIL is not to be used for “pay-to-play.” That’s what it’s been appearing by these open tweets, especially the J Addison tweet.

Advertisement
Back