There is only one thing I noticed in tonight's game.

I can't see an outright firing after the season due to the financial obligations to him and the financial limitations a private school has.

What I can see is the trustee board telling him he needs to fire D'Onofrio and change his defensive scheme. If he refuses he can resign, which lets us out of his buyout. If he stays he implements a much more aggressive scheme defensively and Coley continues to grow as OC.

I think all parties win there.
But it's HIS and Al Groh's defense.

Advertisement
Golden getting the gameball last week vs Duke (deservedly so for what he endured that week with Kelly) reminded me of Randy getting one as well for the UNC game in 2010.

Couldn't help but think of that.

Barring a dramatic turnaround, we're looking at a new staff and head honcho for 2015.
I saw someone compare the Duke game to UNC 2010 last week. To continue the analogy, does that make this loss to GT his Virginia 2010?

**** all that noise, which loss is gonna be Golden's USF? UVA or Pitt? Cant say it will be FSU as FSU will be Randy's FSU.....

Golden getting the gameball last week vs Duke (deservedly so for what he endured that week with Kelly) reminded me of Randy getting one as well for the UNC game in 2010.

Couldn't help but think of that.

Barring a dramatic turnaround, we're looking at a new staff and head honcho for 2015.
I saw someone compare the Duke game to UNC 2010 last week. To continue the analogy, does that make this loss to GT his Virginia 2010?

Yup...and that was me

I haven't really seen anyone mention that the reason the **** fake punt worked is because we do not even TRY to block a punt.

Which is even more pathetic when you come to think about it......if you're not trying to block the punt you're playing safe to watch for a fake and/or set up a good return.

LOL at neither objective being accomplished. We're a poorly coached team in every facet of the game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back