Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
*ring ring*

Mario: ‘hello’

UM: ‘hey buddy, want the job?’

Mario: ‘i am definite maybe.’

UM: ‘so your saying there’s *click* a chance?!’

At some point you gotta just trust UM at their word as far as what they've pushed publicly. Diaz will be evaluated and then fired by the AD. What you guys are suggesting is that to protect Mario they are forcing Manny to host OVs this weekend and have to answer questions about his status all week to recruits he visits just so Mario won't feel uncomfortable.

So Mario is the only one who gets to be comfortable I guess. Not the staffers who remain. Not the people who are getting crushed by angry UM fans because things aren't moving. What happens when/if Manny makes it through this weekend because no AD is hired? Are we still protecting Mario? Or do you then believe the people that said Frenk wants the AD to decide the fate of the football program? I can't wait for this weekend. If only for the rationalization shifts or if the timeline detectives are proven right

The guys that want Mario probably know his answer and demands. A new AD depending on how accomplished doesn’t have to hire Mario he can go a different route. So yes I think the people pushing for Mario know what it takes to get him but I don’t think that’s going to matter to a new AD. Of course that’s contingent on the fact that the new AD has a say in who to hire.

The guys that want Mario probably know his answer and demands. A new AD depending on how accomplished doesn’t have to hire Mario he can go a different route. So yes I think the people pushing for Mario know what it takes to get him but I don’t think that’s going to matter to a new AD. Of course that’s contingent on the fact that the new AD has a say in who to hire.
If big money wants Mario the AD will sign off on Mario. That’s how the game is played.

Advertisement
You think they haven't made their pitch yet?? LOL!! OMG!
Their pitch means nothing without an AD who is supposed to make the hire. What if he thinks the price is too steep financially or otherwise. The BoT members that want Mario have made their pitch and they probably have a good sense of where he stands but a new AD can throw a monkey wrench in the whole thing. It’s also why you haven’t heard Kiffin sign an extension, I’m sure his people reached out and were told the new AD will decide.

Nothing is final but if I had to bet on who gets the job id put my money on Mario.

Their pitch means nothing without an AD who is supposed to make the hire. What if he thinks the price is too steep financially or otherwise. The BoT members that want Mario have made their pitch and they probably have a good sense of where he stands but a new AD can throw a monkey wrench in the whole thing. It’s also why you haven’t heard Kiffin sign an extension, I’m sure his people reached out and were told the new AD will decide.

Nothing is final but if I had to bet on who gets the job id put my money on Mario.
It's too late into the night to get into a discourse on this. The AD will not be hiring Mario. It's a separate hire. The AD will have to accept that Mario is the coach. That's it. That's the deal.

Advertisement
If big money wants Mario the AD will sign off on Mario. That’s how the game is played.
Why didn't the big money get their way with the AD? I aint trolling. Big money gets their way has been the theme on this board. They haven't gotten their way so far. So whats stopping what should be simple dollars and sense from pushing things through?

Assuming it's a courtesy to Mario (or maybe a real untraceable ****tail napkin deal) this "no AD yet" scenario, certainly must be helpful now in a way, to top UM brass (or even Strawley)...

...doubtless Manny has asked, before his California recruiting trip and for other related reasons: Am I being retained in 2022 as HC?

Legally, UM brass can't easily say yes, and then later on be found out to have lied (in a civil suit "discovery" or deposition) without certain adverse consequences. But if they say "Gotta wait for the new AD before that can be answered" it's really a nice way to handle it for now (sucks for Manny.)

I keep seeing "what if Mario says no"...I seriously doubt UM is waiting until after the game tomorrow night to see if Mario wants the job (even with lack of organization shown so far). He knows and they know by now. If it weren't him you would have to assume the Kiffin deal would already be done by now or they are just simply keeping Manny...again, as I said before, my gut says Mario is a done deal.
We don’t have an AD. Not sure why assuming Kiffin not having a deal here or Manny being announced as staying has anything to do with knowing Mario’s answer.

My gut says it’s impossible to have a done deal for a new hc or keeping diaz when you have multiple factions with differing opinions on who should be AD and if you believe some reports, are split on keeping or firing Diaz.

The only thing my gut is saying is that Manny will be fired and the new AD will be given much more centralize power so this embarrassment never happens again and to keep the new and old guard bot out football.

Advertisement
Back