There is a scrimmage today?

Advertisement
Advertisement
12.jpg

Got to see the scrimmage.

Kaaya took all the first team snaps. Heaps did not play any snaps and had his right elbow in some kind of compression bandage.

Kaaya was up and down. He completed a td to Stacy Coley in red zone and led an 80 yd drive that ended in a 9 yd pass to Walter Tucker.

But by and large he took a long time to read the play after the snap and was sacked four or five times (touch sack). With that said, when he set himself he was money particularly on a 30 yd thrown to Malcolm Lewis over the middle. The other qbs (Olsen, Rosier and Hoza) looked significantly behind though Rosier has a cannon.

Yearby broke off a 50 yard run and looked shifty. Trayone Gray had some nice runs but did not see a lot from Edwards. In fact Perryman knocked Edwards on his *** for a loss on third down that sounded like a thunderclap.

Secondary largely had tight coverage. Thurston Armbrister got a pick six and Grace nearly had one. Artie Burns ran with the ones a lot.

Defensive line dominated the offensive line (particularly right side) on passing downs resulting in a total of six or seven sacks. Some of that was on Kaaya's slow read on the plays.

Will write more later. From what I saw, the defense won the scrimmage, but there is a lot of work left to do before I feel comfortable predicting a victory against Louisville. Will post more later.

Susan Miller Degnan ‏@smillerdegnan 43s

#UM #Hurricanes' scrimmage is over. Report by #Canes coming within a half hour or so...

Advertisement
Hopefully this is good news on the defense coming around, and not the OL being a major question mark.

Got to see the scrimmage.

Kaaya took all the first team snaps. Heaps did not play any snaps and had his right elbow in some kind of compression bandage.

Kaaya was up and down. He completed a td to Stacy Coley in red zone and led an 80 yd drive that ended in a 9 yd pass to Walter Tucker.

But by and large he took a long time to read the play after the snap and was sacked four or five times (touch sack). With that said, when he set himself he was money particularly on a 30 yd thrown to Malcolm Lewis over the middle. The other qbs (Olsen, Rosier and Hoza) looked significantly behind though Rosier has a cannon.

Yearby broke off a 50 yard run and looked shifty. Trayone Gray had some nice runs but did not see a lot from Edwards. In fact Perryman knocked Edwards on his *** for a loss on third down that sounded like a thunderclap.

Secondary largely had tight coverage. Thurston Armbrister got a pick six and Grace nearly had one. Artie Burns ran with the ones a lot.

Defensive line dominated the offensive line (particularly right side) on passing downs resulting in a total of six or seven sacks. Some of that was on Kaaya's slow read on the plays.

Will write more later. From what I saw, the defense won the scrimmage, but there is a lot of work left to do before I feel comfortable predicting a victory against Louisville. Will post more later.

here we go again?

Advertisement
Advertisement

Reading this has me shook about our OL this year. Things are looking bleak.

Reading this has me shook about our OL this year. Things are looking bleak.

So if heaps is healthy he is going to start. That pretty much settles that if this poster is not a porster

Advertisement
Back