There is a scrimmage today?

Does this sound right? I know they would likely put Kirby and Armbrister out there instead but I really want to see the faster kids.

E Chickillo
N Huertelou
E Kamalu
WOLB AQM
WILB Grace
SILB Perryman
SOLB Owens
CB Howard
CB Burns
S Bush
S. Crawford

You can not put AQM out there without having McCord out there my friend. Need those two off the edge. Sprinkle some Chad in on the edge or at defensive end.

Advertisement
DJ. My pick for 3-4.

DE: Chick
NT: Heurtolou
DE: Kamalu

OLB: AQM
ILB: Kirby or Grace
ILB: Perryman
OLB: McCord

CB: Howard
CB: Gunter

S: Deon
S: Dallas or Carter

Chad would be first to rotate in for the DE spot and the pass rushers on the edge spots.

I only have an or between Kirby and Grace because of Grace size being a problem in the 3-4. Grace is a stud.

And an or between Dallas and Carter. Because Dallas would bring his smarts and leadership to field but Carter would bring great athleticism and freakish ability.

Does this sound right? I know they would likely put Kirby and Armbrister out there instead but I really want to see the faster kids.

E Chickillo
N Huertelou
E Kamalu
WOLB AQM
WILB Grace
SILB Perryman
SOLB Owens
CB Howard
CB Burns
S Bush
S. Crawford

You can not put AQM out there without having McCord out there my friend. Need those two off the edge. Sprinkle some Chad in on the edge or at defensive end.

Problem with book ending AQM and McCord is you lose a lot in coverage. With them both out there, there will be a lot of pressure at the edges but it's really more of a 5-2.....teams with good TE and RB in the pass game can hurt you. They might be able to play curl to flat, but not man to man.

Chad certainly is in the rotation at WOLB, but at 265, he's a bit of a tweener in the 3-4. He's gonna eventually be a 3-4 end but needs another 10-15 pounds. He will be at end in the 4-3 on third downs for sure.

E Chickillo
N Huertelou
E Kamalu
WOLB AQM
WILB Grace
SILB Perryman
SOLB Owens
CB Howard
CB Burns
S Bush
S. Crawford

Problem with book ending AQM and McCord is you lose a lot in coverage. With them both out there, there will be a lot of pressure at the edges but it's really more of a 5-2.....teams with good TE and RB in the pass game can hurt you. They might be able to play curl to flat, but not man to man.

Chad certainly is in the rotation at WOLB, but at 265, he's a bit of a tweener in the 3-4. He's gonna eventually be a 3-4 end but needs another 10-15 pounds. He will be at end in the 4-3 on third downs for sure.

I guess it also depends on the situation too. I would put that rotation off the edge with McCord, Muhammad and Chad. Obviously Chad working in the 3-4 end spot too.

Could see us bringing in Owens for pass coverage situations too, as well as a rusher.

Idk, just give me ways to get McCord, Muhammad and Chad all on field at same time. That's a nightmare, along with Chick and Kamalu.

Advertisement
Doesn't it feel better to finally have multiple guys that can rush the passer in aqm, McCord, thomas, harris, and owens. Wasn't too long ago where that position looked bleak....

Linebacker Thurston Armbrister picked off a pass and returned it for a 40-yard touchdown, but the junior linebacker was not the only defensive standout on Monday night. Malik Mayweather also had an interception late in the first half, while senior linebacker Denzel Perryman delivered a loud and forceful hit on Edwards in the second half for a three-yard loss. Perryman finished the night with five tackles

He comin.....

Money.....I heard AQM looked good.....I'm hoping to see him start at WOLB....hoping these rumors of issues are wrong.

Anyway what did you think of him in the scrimmage? I'm glad to hear the D looks fast as Pete said this last week.

He looked excellent. Best pass rusher on the field. Trent Harris isn't as good of a rusher but he looked solid in space and was always around the ball.

You just cant keep a talent like him off the field on any defense in the country let alone ours. AQM is a beast, he will do serious serious damage this year, the phenom that is Stacy Coley has really taken away a bunch of limelight from a kid that was such a huge coup in the 2013. AQM will be a difference maker this year, and next year him and Chad will finally make Miami look like Miami on defense again.

Advertisement
Grace won't be kept off the field.

E Chickillo
N Huertelou
E Kamalu
WOLB AQM
WILB Grace
SILB Perryman
SOLB Owens
CB Howard
CB Burns
S Bush
S. Crawford

Granted...we aren't talking about **** Lebeau as our DC, but the Steelers have played two rushers at LB for YEARS. James Harrison and Lamar Woodley has worked well for them.

Money.....I heard AQM looked good.....I'm hoping to see him start at WOLB....hoping these rumors of issues are wrong.

Anyway what did you think of him in the scrimmage? I'm glad to hear the D looks fast as Pete said this last week.

He looked excellent. Best pass rusher on the field. Trent Harris isn't as good of a rusher but he looked solid in space and was always around the ball.

You just cant keep a talent like him off the field on any defense in the country let alone ours. AQM is a beast, he will do serious serious damage this year, the phenom that is Stacy Coley has really taken away a bunch of limelight from a kid that was such a huge coup in the 2013. AQM will be a difference maker this year, and next year him and Chad will finally make Miami look like Miami on defense again.
I don't get why people forgetting McCord too. We got 3 pure pass rusher studs. Tyriq,Quan and Chad.

Chick different, not a pure pass rusher. But I'm feeling a good year for him.

And I think we got 2 or 3 other pure pass rushers in Harris, Jackson, Smith in the wings. With a lot of potential.

Last edited:
Linebacker Thurston Armbrister picked off a pass and returned it for a 40-yard touchdown, but the junior linebacker was not the only defensive standout on Monday night. Malik Mayweather also had an interception late in the first half, while senior linebacker Denzel Perryman delivered a loud and forceful hit on Edwards in the second half for a three-yard loss. Perryman finished the night with five tackles

He comin.....

Gus must taunt Denzel before and after practices and scrimmages. No other reason why Denzel constantly rocks him.

I'm thinking he messes up his locker, puts stuff in his shoes and helmet, hides his stuff. I don't know but Denzel must not like it.

Advertisement

He comin.....

Gus must taunt Denzel before and after practices and scrimmages. No other reason why Denzel constantly rocks him.

I'm thinking he messes up his locker, puts stuff in his shoes and helmet, hides his stuff. I don't know but Denzel must not like it.

image.jpg

i dont think anyone messes with this mans shoes or locker..just a hunch

I don't get why people forgetting McCord too. We got 3 pure pass rusher studs. Tyriq,Quan and Chad.

And I think we got 2 or 3 other pure pass rushers in Harris, Jackson, Smith in the wings. With a lot of potential.

McCord is a stud but just not on the same level though. At this point though we need as many pass rushers as possible though......

McCord is a stud but just not on the same level though. At this point though we need as many pass rushers as possible though......
Idk about that. Feel like McCord showed flashes last year and could make the next step this year, becoming even more consistent and stronger now along with more time on field. Muhammad showed flashes too, but both were limited last season. Their roles will increase though.

I feel McCord was a stud for how limited his role was last year. 4 sacks, 3 forced fumbles and 2 ints. And this year his role is increasing by a very big amount. I'm wondering his production in a full time role this season. As well as Quan this year too, who was very limited last season.

I know McCord, Muhammad, and Chad were all top guys coming out.

Would put McCord and Muhammad in same tier. Can be great.

If anything I would put Chad on a different level than them. Chad can be elite.

Chad is truly elite. I feel McCord and Muhammad are good and can become great. But I think Chad is one of the more truly special rare players. I personally wouldn't put Tyriq or Quan in that category.

Either way. I see all 3 having the potential in them at some point in their career to pull out a double digit sack season here.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Uh, ok.......

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

and....

180155392.jpg

Last edited:

Idk about that. Feel like McCord showed flashes last year and could make the next step this year, becoming even more consistent and stronger now along with more time on field. Muhammad showed flashes too, but both were limited last season. Their roles will increase though.

I feel McCord was a stud for how limited his role was last year. 4 sacks, 3 forced fumbles and 2 ints. And this year his role is increasing by a very big amount.

I know McCord, Muhammad, and Chad were all top guys coming out.

Would put McCord and Muhammad in same tier. Can be great.

If anything I would put Chad on a different level than them. Chad can be elite.

Chad is truly elite. I feel McCord and Muhammad are good and can become great. But I think Chad is one of the more truly special rare players. I personally wouldn't put Tyriq or Quan in that category.

Either way. I see all 3 having the potential in them at some point in their career to pull out a double digit sack season here.

As of right now, I'd probably rank their ceilings as

1) Chad
2) AQM

3) Tyriq

Note the space

Uh, ok.......

View attachment 24578

This is an extremely deep drop and a very wide angle to the QB. This is almost 9/10 a QB who steps up in the pocket. He basically just ran into a sack like Rudy right here lol

Uh, ok.......

View attachment 24578

Also. I can't put Quan over McCord either even at the moment. McCord has shown flashes way more and often and made game changing plays in a very limited role. Now he's coming into full time as well as Muhammad. If anything you can compare both talents to be just about the same, but McCord is more proven at this point.

I think both of them can be great, but when it's all said done, see Chads career being better than both of theirs and I think they are studs,so that's saying a lot.

Advertisement
Back