I'm assuming you mean if other teams don't lose?I just don’t see a path getting to 10 at all. They’re saying these things to keep our hopes up but the reality is it’s not happening
But there's several paths:
OU loses
Bama loses
Oregon loses
I'm assuming you mean if other teams don't lose?I just don’t see a path getting to 10 at all. They’re saying these things to keep our hopes up but the reality is it’s not happening
They are in with a win over Auburn. If they lose UGA gets in. If Ole Miss, Alabama win and TAMU loses its UGA vs Bama.
But them losing to an undefeated TAMU wouldn’t help us imo. They’d have to lose pretty handily to UGA for it help us I’d think. Ole Miss can make it as well but for that to happen Bama has to lose to Auburn. Making all of this a moot point in relation to us getting in.
The other variable is if BYU wins out they make the Bug 12 title game. If we jump Utah BYU would’ve played one CFP team x2 in TT. Does a team who’s lost the only times it played a CFP get in over us who’s beaten a CFP team in ND? Obviously this is factoring in someone else losing above us. And us jumping Utah.
"This is a television show." Truer words were never spoke. Forget ND. They are in. ****, they have their own TV network. Let's just hope the committee decides we're more entertaining than Utah or BYU.I agree with every word you wrote. The reason I keep saying what I'm saying is because, none of this matters. I agree with you. But the committee does not, and they will not, because the team you're comparing us with is Notre Dame. This is a television show. What you wrote is an incredibly smart and well thought out post, but you laid it out like you're trying to prove your case in court. What we're dealing with isn't a courtroom, where cases are laid out logically and ruled on fairly (usually). We're dealing with corruption. We're dealing with bias. We're dealing with politics.
If you want to tell me I'm an idiot and a conspiracy theorist and once Miami gets close, the committee will push us in and push ND out, fine. I think you're insane if you believe that, but hey, let's all have hope.
If you do want to hang your hat on one thing, when I looked on Sunday, Draftkings had ND as a -4000 favorite to make the playoffs. Meaning, if you want to win $100 on ND to make the playoffs, you had to risk $4000 (LOL). This morning, it's down to -2500. So, still a comical favorite, but I think the books are at least recognizing there's a 0.000001% chance that the screaming from every rational/sane human on Earth might actually make its way into the committee room. I say no chance, but we'll see.
From what I read yes. TAMU losing makes a group of 3 1 loss teams. And UGA and Bama would top TAMU. Then it would be Ole Miss and UGA again. TAMU can clinch with a loss plus Bama/Ole Miss losing.So Bama and A&M are win-and-in?
If one loses, it's UGA?
If both lose, it's Ole Miss?
The real headscratchers are Ohio St., Texas A&M, and Indiana. They're ranked but have no quality losses, which should be disqualifying.Florida has a ton of really good losses. I’m surprised the committee doesn’t have them in the top 12.
Why?
IMO if we jump BYU/Utah we jump ND and possibly BagaWin out and hope that someone loses above us. I think if we win out they have to put us above Utah/BYU which hopefully puts us in the spot where the head to head carries the day.
The fix is in.
Precisely why I’m a huge Cincinnati fan this week. Beat BYU and all other teams above win their matchups.They evaluate teams 9-12
Which is why they put ND above bama
If Oklahoma loses guess who’s now number 8 and doesn’t get compared to Miami?
Have you seen Auburns losses? They should be to 5.Florida has a ton of really good losses. I’m surprised the committee doesn’t have them in the top 12.