MEGA There’s Still Hope for the ACCCG/CFB Playoffs Mega Merge Thread

I don’t think they’ll leave SMU out if they win though. Duke was really our only chance for that weird scenario where they don’t invite the conference champ. This ******* G5 bull**** and that Oklahoma Bama win is what’s killing us.
Oh they won't leave SMU out but now our "bad loss" in theory turns into a quality loss.
 
smu will be ranked tomorrow so that narrative already died

it'll now be eye test because cuse bent over
If we don't make it to the ACC championship game I want SMU to win the ACC title and Texas A&M to lose the SEC championship game. That's less wiggle room for the committee to ***** us and if they do ***** us there would be even more explaining to do whereas we lost to the ACC champion in overtime in an away game and we should have the better loss when comparing the losses to Notre Dame since the committee is so hung up on quality losses.
 
Feel like theres not even a concensus here but here are the ACC scenarios from the Herald

Screenshot 2025-11-24 at 8.20.02 PM.png
 
Last edited:
No chance.
Of course there’s a chance. Mario’s not a particularly strong coach and this is an undisciplined team with a somewhat erratic QB (yes I am aware that he has a good completion percentage) and a coRch with a history of late season chokes

The question was if I can imagine it and yes I can. Is it likely, no. Imaginable or possible? Sure.

It doesn’t matter, we’re not getting into the ACCCG game. Once again.
 
Of course there’s a chance. Mario’s not a particularly strong coach and this is an undisciplined team with a somewhat erratic QB (yes I am aware that he has a good completion percentage) and a coRch with a history of late season chokes

The question was if I can imagine it and yes I can. Is it likely, no. Imaginable or possible? Sure.

It doesn’t matter, we’re not getting into the ACCCG game. Once again.
Idk the official odds but I'd say it's 30-50% chance

duke is -1.5 at home to wake - which means Vegas thinks wake is better (I do too) - and Manny Diaz is the coach

We're -7 at pitt (hardest of the 3 honestly)

Uva at home is -10 to VT right now which seems like the longest shot but idk if you've followed that "rivalry" or not but VT has won 19 out of the last 20 and 23 of the last 25. VT beating UVA might be the most certain thing to happen of those 3
 
Idk the official odds but I'd say it's 30-50% chance

duke is -1.5 at home to wake - which means Vegas thinks wake is better (I do too) - and Manny Diaz is the coach

We're -7 at pitt (hardest of the 3 honestly)

Uva at home is -10 to VT right now which seems like the longest shot but idk if you've followed that "rivalry" or not but VT has won 19 out of the last 20 and 23 of the last 25. VT beating UVA might be the most certain thing to happen of those 3
I wouldn’t bet on Duke but it’s not unimaginable to me in response to the question.
 
Personally, I don't think Miami's beef is with ND. I think they should both be in. I would take both over Ole Miss, Oklahoma, Alabama, Texas Tech, Oregon, or Indiana.

Playing Miami would scare me more as an ND fan than any of those.
It’s only with ND because we’ve been pushed into a corner and led to believe there is only one spot up for grabs. And ND has that spot.

The media are loving the ratings they are getting from pitting us against each other. But at the end of the day, most Miami fans would acknowledge ND looks like one of the best teams in the country and should be in the playoff, but it shouldn’t be at our expense when we hold the head-to-head.
 
Back
Top