MEGA [THERAPY SESSION] Cam Ward Fumble Some Anonymous MEGA THREAD

Advertisement
He was pressured more than twice the amount of times as tvd was.
He was running for his life most of the season.
Context sometimes does matter.
And he wasn’t throwing to a wide open db after a 7 second clean pocket.

Ward has small hands so fumbles will always be a thing. Just protect him and we won’t have to worry about that.
But him one of these!!

Attachments

• IMG_7031.png
    IMG_7031.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Advertisement
Ward has small hands so fumbles will always be a thing. Just protect him and we won’t have to worry about that.

I suspect our OL will appear to take a step back statstically with Ward simply due to his style of play. We'll most likely give up some sacks and even more holding calls. I don't think the OL will actually regress, it's just easier to protect a statue.

I suspect our OL will appear to take a step back statstically with Ward simply due to his style of play. We'll most likely give up some sacks and even more holding calls. I don't think the OL will actually regress, it's just easier to protect a statue.
Or with a strong O line and not having to run for his life, will he be more comfortable being a statue?

Mobile quarterbacks almost always take more sacks than pocket passers.

Hopefully, they can ingrain in Cam's head that he doesn't need to carry the offense and can just throw it away once in a while. If he can cut down from his 1 turnover per game average to maybe .5 per game, we'll be sitting pretty.

It wasn't really the turnovers that killed TVD last year besides the GT game. It was his inability to drive the ball after the UNC game that put the offense in a shell. I tend to believe that it was mostly due to his injury because he miraculously looked good again the last two games when he was healthy.

Advertisement
Sacks are more of a qb stat. A qb that hits his drop, and knows where he’s going with the ball without dancing around the pocket and being hesitant isn’t getting sacked very often. There is just a reason QBs like Brady and Goff that are kinda those statue types have always had low sack rates even if their OL wasn’t great. Now whether they actually played well or not can be different. But actually taking sacks is mostly on the QB.

I hope Ward is much more Mahomes than Russell Wilson. Wilson is notorious terrible at taking sacks and running around trying to make plays ******* over his OL. Whereas Mahomes does also have that aspect to his game, but doesn’t take nearly as many sacks. Cause his #1 option isn’t to get off the timing in the offense and get out of the pocket. He’s comfortable there. But when it breaks down he has ability to make **** happen just to create that extra space or take off for some yards.

Pressures are more of the OL stat imo. But obviously even then surrendering a pressure within 2 seconds is very different than after 3 seconds…

Advertisement
Back