#TheCoastal

Advertisement
Wow...my program. Most here have been Cane fans long before me, but I grew up watching the Canes in the 80's (guess I began watching college football at the right place and right time) Winning a conference was hog-wash...it was all about the national title. I mean, Howard said, WE WILL WIN A NATIONAL TITLE WITHIN 5 YEARS and this was after inheriting a program that never even competed. That mindset just kept going from coach to coach. I mean, even when we were in our lean years during the mid 90's...the goal was to win the national title, and Butch did his darnest to get us there....including winning the Big East a couple of times and going 4-0 in bowl games (This with MAJOR sanctions).

Now, we talking about winning the Coastal. Not the ACC, not the ACC...we talking about the Coastal. Forget even talking about winning the national title, forget that this program should have 7, 8, or 9 national title under it's belt (**** job in 86, getting cheated by ND in 88, getting jobbed by the computers in 00, and getting jobbed by Terry Porter in 03) since 1983, forget that....we talking about winning the Coastal mane (in my best Allen Iverson voice).

This loser mentality gotta go quick, or the fence around So. and Central Florida will be forever broken.

This fanbase has the biggest loser mentality of any team in organized sports. Complete self hatred, tolerating this leadership and their mindset.

When you have never won **** (AG) then you have to have a bar that is low. He should start with the subdivisional title first then the coastal

Advertisement
Lol at the coastal being the goal. It's year 5 the goal at minimum should be to make the playoffs. It really should be to win a national championship but Al golden is a loser

Last edited:
Winning of any kind goes as follows. Division then conference (bowl) then playoff berth then title .... am i correct?

If the extent of their season is just the coastal... Then u have at them. If they say that then fine, have at them.

But i guess its all about rah rah say what pleases the masses.

What if they talked a big game then folded? What would yall fuss about then?

Winning of any kind goes as follows. Division then conference (bowl) then playoff berth then title .... am i correct?

If the extent of their season is just the coastal... Then u have at them. If they say that then fine, have at them.

English please?

If it were year one or two under golden I would agree with you. But winning the coastal was a goal two or three years ago. Essentially whats happening is that golden keeps resetting the goal. In 2013 we should have won the coastal. That would have been very satisfactory. We failed. So in 2014 the expectation was to win the coastal and the ACC. Now in 2015 it should be to win the ACC and make a playoff appearance.

Its is like golden keeps getting do overs and that's just bull**** in year five.

Advertisement

If it were year one or two under golden I would agree with you. But winning the coastal was a goal two or three years ago. Essentially whats happening is that golden keeps resetting the goal. In 2013 we should have won the coastal. That would have been very satisfactory. We failed. So in 2014 the expectation was to win the coastal and the ACC. Now in 2015 it should be to win the ACC and make a playoff appearance.

Its is like golden keeps getting do overs and that's just bull**** in year five.

Im not excusing the staff or their track record. My point is, what are they supposed to say?

I understand the perceived expectations. I truly believe everyone in this business wants to win. Everyone doesn't know how though. That's why there is only a handful of established, consistently elite coaches at this level and the next.

AG has shown he hasn't been able to win. All the great coaches were losers somewhere at sometime. OUR PROBLEM IS AG probably won't figure it out here, let alone this year

Im not excusing the staff or their track record. My point is, what are they supposed to say?

I understand the perceived expectations. I truly believe everyone in this business wants to win. Everyone doesn't know how though. That's why there is only a handful of established, consistently elite coaches at this level and the next.

AG has shown he hasn't been able to win. All the great coaches were losers somewhere at sometime. OUR PROBLEM IS AG probably won't figure it out here, let alone this year

They are supposed to say that the expectation is to win the national title. That's the standard here. Golden has been lowering expectations his entire and people like you eat it up. Sickening.

Advertisement
Basically no one knows what it would take to get golden fired. It all depends on how the season plays out. So if kaaya gets injured (hopefully not) and we lose 6+ then golden has a built in excuse. Win 6 or more and he can claim progress was made based on SOS.

if I were to bet I would say he gets one more year after this one

Last edited:
Dont tell me what i eat up. Im not irrational and whiny and hormonal i let my girl display those traits.

If he says "Joe we're bringing home a natty!" You wouldn't believe him.

It doesn't take balls to SAY something it takes balls to do it. Sounds like one of those kids who used to say "I'm not scared of U" and then proceeds to get mollywhopped.

Feel how u feel, beleive what u want but u not gonna tell me what i do or don't feel or beleive.
Next time ask me to articulate it and I will gladly try to make my position clear.

Appatently u missed all the parts where i said he won't get it done here or not excusing his track record.

Advertisement
At Miami the goal is to win the national title, lowering the bar to win the Coastal is an embarrassment and a cop out by the head coach.

Advertisement
Back