#TheCoastal

RiDLer80

All-American
Does it not **** you guys off that #TheTeam 's only goal is to win #TheCoastal ?

I mean, what the ****?

Does this staff have such little faith in their coaching abilities that they dare not build up the team's hopes of winning the conference so they only focus on winning the Coastal?

And all the players seem to be eating this **** up. They're spewing it in all their interviews. How ******* pathetic is this program right now?

Advertisement
Stop *****ing ....there is more to life than a daily ***** session about the Hurricanes...

There are no standards at Miami anymore. We could win the Coastal with less than 10 wins. Not impressive.

Does it not **** you guys off that #TheTeam 's only goal is to win #TheCoastal ?

I mean, what the ****?

Does this staff have such little faith in their coaching abilities that they dare not build up the team's hopes of winning the conference so they only focus on winning the Coastal?

And all the players seem to be eating this **** up. They're spewing it in all their interviews. How ****ing pathetic is this program right now?

When you're led by a loser, you're going to develop the mindset a loser.

How about Hurlie a couple of years back talking about how impressive it was that we won 9 games in 2013, even after getting their asses kicked against FSU, VaTech, Duke, and Louisville.

He won two National Titles at UM and was talking about how impressive a season was in which we lost to Duke - in football.

I really can't think of a single football program that has fallen as far as UM's - both in regard to performance and in the expectations to be great - in the past 10-15 years.

Advertisement

I mean, what the ****?

And all the players seem to be eating this **** up. They're spewing it in all their interviews. How ****ing pathetic is this program right now?

When you're led by a loser, you're going to develop the mindset a loser.

How about Hurlie a couple of years back talking about how impressive it was that we won 9 games in 2013, even after getting their asses kicked against FSU, VaTech, Duke, and Louisville.

He won two National Titles at UM and was talking about how impressive a season was in which we lost to Duke - in football.

I really can't think of a single football program that has fallen as far as UM's - both in regard to performance and in the expectations to be great - in the past 10-15 years.
It's terrible. Look at how many idiots around here would be satisfied with 7-9 wins.

Technically you have to win the coastal first, then acc game, and then national title

The idea is that you've got to win the Coastal before you can win anything else.

I hate a lot of what's gone on with our program, but this I get.

Advertisement
Technically you have to win the coastal first, then acc game, and then national title

True, but the way they aim at winning the coastal as if nothing else matters beyond that is frustrating when you have arguably the 3rd most talent team in the whole conference. Maybe some of us are reaching for an excuse to be mad, but to me it says "we are content with being the strongest team in one of the weakest divisions in power 5 football even if we do it going 7-5 or 8-4"

Not really a new thing - they've been talking "coastal" goals for years now. Even the players regurgitate this nonsense.

Actually no. Its refreshing that a realistic and obtainable goal has been set. Why shoot for more when in year 11 of the ACC we haven't even played in the title game, yet alone win it?

I remember what it felt like in 01-03 to be a cane fan for the first time since I was only like 14

That team REFUSED TO ***ING LOSE

the BC game in 2001, the florida game in 03, the catch by winslow vs wvu...

that's why I fell in love with the hurricanes, these guys had so much heart and a never say quit attitude

it was like the navy seals of college football

and now? don't even get me started

Advertisement
I bet you Urban Meyer's players tell the media that their goal is to win the Big 10 East. I mean, they do have to win that before they win anything else.

Actually no. Its refreshing that a realistic and obtainable goal has been set. Why shoot for more when in year 11 of the ACC we haven't even played in the title game, yet alone win it?

In a way, I agree. Al is a lifetime .500 coach. For him to go 7-5 8-4 and win a division title would be a major accomplishment for him.
Unfortunately it's not much of a blip on the radar screen for a program that once had a coach that used the Orange Bowl trophy as a door stop.
Color us all unimpressed with winning the Coastal ACC in year 5. There's the rub.

"When teams set their goals at the beginning of the season, I would venture to say almost every one of them hope to find themselves in a situation like this,'' Miami Coach Butch Davis said. ``Players have individual goals, but as a team, from our standpoint, an opportunity to play for the conference championship is one of the starting goals.''

And what needs to happen to play in the conference championship game?

proxy.php

Advertisement
Well when you're competing with heavyweights like Georgia Tech and Duke and you're a little upstart program like Miami, you really have to be incremental in your goal setting.

I mean, we don't even have an indoor practice facility, Joe.

Anybody who calls himself a fan of this program, yet isn't sickened by Golden and Donofrio, is a self hating loser.

Advertisement
Back