#TheCoastal

Advertisement
Lol the last time I checked we haven't won the Coastal Division since we joined. How should that not be the main goal? You can't achieve anything until you win your division. Haven't you learned Golden gives the media bull**** every time he talks. The team has bigger aspirations than winning the Coastal. Stop listening to what players and coaches are saying to the media.

Does it not **** you guys off that #TheTeam 's only goal is to win #TheCoastal ?

I mean, what the ****?

Does this staff have such little faith in their coaching abilities that they dare not build up the team's hopes of winning the conference so they only focus on winning the Coastal?

And all the players seem to be eating this **** up. They're spewing it in all their interviews. How ****ing pathetic is this program right now?

What ****es me off is that winning the coastal seems like a pipe-dream.

The CANES's goal was to win the NC. Every year.

11 years, and we haven't outright won the ****poor Coastal. Much less the ACC.

If this were a horse, we'd shoot it for humanitarian reasons.

Lol the last time I checked we haven't won the Coastal Division since we joined. How should that not be the main goal? You can't achieve anything until you win your division. Haven't you learned Golden gives the media bull**** every time he talks. The team has bigger aspirations than winning the Coastal. Stop listening to what players and coaches are saying to the media.

Ask any coach worth their paycheck, they will tell you winning the national title is their goal. You think Urban or Meyer are saying their goal is to win their conference? **** no, its go win the whole **** thing.

Advertisement
This is a loser goal set by the number one loser in college football--Folden. He's dumbing down the goals and expectations in order to delay the team quitting on him. He knows how bad the coastal is, so he knows we can stay in the mix for the coastal pretty much all season even after a few ****** losses. So after we get waxed by some shytbag team in the middle of the season, fat boy can keep beating the "the coastal was our goal all year and we're still in it" drum.

Winners set goals smaller than a NC, but it's ALWAYS a conference championship, not a sorry *** division. By setting the goal at the division level, he's telling everyone he's a fcking loser and he knows his team will quit on him again if it becomes clear at any point in the season that any number of Atlantic teams would whip them in the ACCCG.

Cause it's YEAR 5. If Al golden came out 2 years ago and said the goal is to win the coastal there wouldn't be a problem. A coach in his fifth year should not have winning the coastal as their goal. Period. It's embarrassing.

I don't expect him to say the goal is to win a national championship but the ACC is as wide open as ever, have some respect for yourself and the program and at least set the goal to winning the ACC at minimum.

Dont reward that fat loser cause he failed to accomplish what he should have 2 years ago.

Last edited:
Lol last time I checked Urban Meyer was the best coach in America and Al Golden cant even get a winning record in the ACC. All I am saying is winning the Coastal isn't the teams only goal. It's a goal we need to accomplish before we even think about other goals.

Ask any coach worth their paycheck, they will tell you winning the national title is their goal. You think Urban or Meyer are saying their goal is to win their conference? **** no, its go win the whole **** thing.

Cause it's YEAR 5. If Al golden came out 2 years ago and said the goal is to win the coastal there wouldn't be a problem. A coach in his fifth year should not have winning the coastal as their goal. Period. It's embarrassing.

I don't expect him to say the goal is to win a national championship but the ACC is as wide open as ever, have some respect for yourself and the program and at least set the goal to winning the ACC at minimum.

Dont reward that fat loser cause he failed to accomplish what he should have 2 years ago.

Its year 5 and we haven't won the Coastal. Why wouldn't that be our first goal?

Advertisement

Just because we haven't won the acc doesn't mean that winning the acc shouldn't be our goal. Using your loser logic, our goal should be 7 wins because we couldn't win 7 last year.

Just because we haven't won the acc doesn't mean that winning the acc shouldn't be our goal. Using your loser logic, our goal should be 7 wins because we couldn't win 7 last year.

No. That's Golden's loser logic. We only won 6 games last year, so this year's goal should be 7.

Our expectations should be, we won 9 games in 2013 so the goal should be 10 wins in 2015.

I'll be that guy when I say I don't think winning the worst division in the worst conference is that impressive. We haven't done it before? Who cares? It wasn't because the division is that tough like the SEC West. We haven't won it because we flat out sucked because the Shalala administration put the public perception of the program before winning. That annually ACC cash was coming in regardless of our results. Therefore, priorities changed and now we are heading into another miserable year under Golden.

This is spot on, and in fact, I don't think I ever quite understand why it's an acceptable goal to win a division in college football. It's not like the NFL or NBA, where winning the division guarantees a team the opportunity to be in the playoffs and contend for the championship. Winning your division in a college football conference just means that you play in the conference championship game.

The message that we're okay with getting to the championship game, and satisfied with just that, is ridiculous. We can't include in our expectations that we would actually win the championship game itself? We're not some underdog school, like Vanderbilt or Northwestern, that just hopes to win their tough division. We play in the ACC coastal, where there is not a single team that has won a national championship since GT did so in 1990. And despite the very embarrassing fact that we've never won the division, if we do so, who are we scared of in the Atlantic? It's FSU, our biggest rival (and the only team that's won a recent national title in the ACC), and then Clemson and Louisville, two schools that have certainly been better than us recently, but neither are dominant teams. So we're not willing to put ourselves out there that we feel like we should be able to beat our biggest rival, Clemson or Louisville in a one game conference championship game if we get there?

If we want to say that our focus is winning the ACC, it makes me hurt a little bit because part of me still lives in the past, where winning the conference was not the goal - winning it all was. But, since we haven't been close to national championship level, I can at least stomach saying that winning the ACC is our initial goal this season. However, for our team's goal to be winning the Coastal, the worst division in the Power 5 conferences, as if that is some great accomplishment, is a joke...until somehow we fail at doing so again.

Advertisement

No. That's Golden's loser logic. We only won 6 games last year, so this year's goal should be 7.

Our expectations should be, we won 9 games in 2013 so the goal should be 10 wins in 2015.

My expectations for this program have NOTHING to do with what Folden does from year to year. He won 9 in 2013? So what? He should have won a lot more than that.

My expectations for this program are based on what I've seen accomplished here by competent HCs. I expect to win the ACC every year and to compete for NCs. We might not hit those goals every year, but it won't stop me from having those expectations.

What these losers don't understand is that when you set the Coastal as your goal what happens if you fluke your way to a Coastal title with 8 wins? Season's over. That's what happens. We hit our goal. Doesn't matter what happens in the ACCCG or the bowl game at that point.

Losers set the bar low because they know they'll lose their team the minute it becomes clear that they won't hit high goals. They can't readjust and find motivation as the season progresses. So, instead of setting high goals and being able to adjust as the season progresses, losers set the bar at the bottom.

I think that every team should look at incremental goals that lead up to an ultimate prize. If you have a huge goal and are seemingly going to fall short of it early, you can stymie progress and lose your team.

Teams' goals should not deter effort throughout the season by being unrealistic. Small goals allow for success and can lead to bigger goals at season's end.

Our goals this year surround turnovers, penalties, and mental errors. Our team goal is to win a playoff game (haven't been in a decade). The minor goals lead to higher levels. That's smart coaching, IMO.

I think that every team should look at incremental goals that lead up to an ultimate prize. If you have a huge goal and are seemingly going to fall short of it early, you can stymie progress and lose your team.

Teams' goals should not deter effort throughout the season by being unrealistic. Small goals allow for success and can lead to bigger goals at season's end.

Our goals this year surround turnovers, penalties, and mental errors. Our team goal is to win a playoff game (haven't been in a decade). The minor goals lead to higher levels. That's smart coaching, IMO.

:roll-canes2: Go away Al.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back