The WR Room

All off season, there was much concern about our WR’s and rightly so. It’s just been 2 games, but it sure seems we’ve got a few dogs in the room. Dawson’s system is most definitely being very friendly to these guys and of course the OL is making it a lot easier for TVD to get them the ball.

What can be said about X. He’s been outstanding leading the ACC in receiving yards.

Young seems to be the guy we hoped he would be.

The biggest surprise so far is Jacolby. He seems to have got his head on straight and living up to his potential - so far. If he can keep it together, and Beard may just be the guy to help him do that, he can have a big year.

Horton’s TD catch was massive.

Haven’t seen much from the others or the TE’s - yet - but it’s still early in Dawson’s system and he’s said the TE’s will get their catches.

All in all, the WR’s performance so far is very encouraging.
All the wr’s are blocking well. I haven’t seen any not put in effort into blocking

Advertisement
Advertisement
Anyone expecting anything from Redding? Thought when he stayed he might produce some, but at this point looks like even the freshmens have passed him by.

Major props to our WR for stepping up big time. We knew X & Colbie would be ballers but the group as a whole has surprised to the upside so far this year (especially Jacolby). It's been great to see.

Kevin Beard is proving to be a really good hire. I knew he would be a great technician & teacher but have been pleasantly surprised by his significant impact on recruiting. He's crushing it on the recruiting trail so far.

Thank you Sweet Baby Jesus...especially after the Gattastrophe last yr!

Advertisement
Anyone expecting anything from Redding? Thought when he stayed he might produce some, but at this point looks like even the freshmens have passed him by.

Young and Horton are just so much more explosive, it will be hard for him to get many snaps.

He could be a decent possession receiver on a less talented team. He made some nice catches to move the sticks a few times last year. Problem is he doesn’t high point the ball and he isn’t a downfield threat. The guys ahead of him do what he does plus some.

Advertisement
The only thing stopping us from having 2 will be if the freshman get added into the mix later in the year and we're rotating about 7 guys. CY, George and X probably all get to 700 quickly
I like the way you're thinking!!! I feel this way as well. But have been wondering will either one of our top 3 guys just get extremely hot as the season goes on.

Advertisement
Back