The WR Room

423Hurricane

I’m Well On My Way
Premium
All off season, there was much concern about our WR’s and rightly so. It’s just been 2 games, but it sure seems we’ve got a few dogs in the room. Dawson’s system is most definitely being very friendly to these guys and of course the OL is making it a lot easier for TVD to get them the ball.

What can be said about X. He’s been outstanding leading the ACC in receiving yards.

Young seems to be the guy we hoped he would be.

The biggest surprise so far is Jacolby. He seems to have got his head on straight and living up to his potential - so far. If he can keep it together, and Beard may just be the guy to help him do that, he can have a big year.

Horton’s TD catch was massive.

Haven’t seen much from the others or the TE’s - yet - but it’s still early in Dawson’s system and he’s said the TE’s will get their catches.

All in all, the WR’s performance so far is very encouraging.

Advertisement
All off season, there was much concern about our WR’s and rightly so. It’s just been 2 games, but it sure seems we’ve got a few dogs in the room. Dawson’s system is most definitely being very friendly to these guys and of course the OL is making it a lot easier for TVD to get them the ball.

What can be said about X. He’s been outstanding leading the ACC in receiving yards.

Young seems to be the guy we hoped he would be.

The biggest surprise so far is Jacolby. He seems to have got his head on straight and living up to his potential - so far. If he can keep it together, and Beard may just be the guy to help him do that, he can have a big year.

Horton’s TD catch was massive.

Haven’t seen much from the others or the TE’s - yet - but it’s still early in Dawson’s system and he’s said the TE’s will get their catches.

All in all, the WR’s performance so far is very encouraging.

oline is unsung hero in TVD's and WR's re-emergence. Makes the whole offense better

Advertisement
oline is unsung hero in TVD's and WR's re-emergence. Makes the whole offense better
Been saying it for years; no matter the level good offensive lines are what drive the whole engine - toughest group to put on the field. I'm happy now the rest of the board can start focusing on WR, QB play the D, etc, as the O-line fades from attention by doing their jobs in an above average effort. This line proved their worth against an SEC front.

Been saying it for years; no matter the level good offensive lines are what drive the whole engine - toughest group to put on the field. I'm happy now the rest of the board can start focusing on WR, QB play the D, etc, as the O-line fades from attention by doing their jobs in an above average effort. This line proved their worth against an SEC front.

Upgrading the oline probably has had the biggest impact on offense right now more than any other unit .

Advertisement
And the Ray Ray and Harrell show will be on display Thursday night
Harrell hasn’t displayed his willingness to block like the others. Ray Ray needs more muscle mass but has already showed yac with the stiff arm. Would be nice to see all the WRs get more snaps behind the starters.

Advertisement
I'm so impressed with the WR room. Last year was so terrible. The only guys I had faith was Young and X. Now we have 3-4 WRs that I definitely have faith and they are all healthy!!! There's promise of other guys but I'll wait. Still extremely impressed with those guys.

Advertisement
What in the absolute **** happened to Ladson? Dude was a 5 star and I expected him to be a top 3-4 WR when he transferred here.

Advertisement
Back