The Work: Miami off to a scorching start with 2018 class

View as article

We have to miss on alot before wed take him.

This is what I was thinking. There are several guys higher than him who have legit interest in us.

My dream WR class would be Mark Pope, Xavier Williams, Brian Hightower, Dee Wiggins, and then, if we were to take 5, either Warren Thompson or one of the Cali guys (Jalen Hall and Amon-Ra St. Brown). The two Cali WRs are big long shots though, so that's more of a pipe dream of mine.

Dreams come true

:sanford:

Advertisement

This is what I was thinking. There are several guys higher than him who have legit interest in us.

My dream WR class would be Mark Pope, Xavier Williams, Brian Hightower, Dee Wiggins, and then, if we were to take 5, either Warren Thompson or one of the Cali guys (Jalen Hall and Amon-Ra St. Brown). The two Cali WRs are big long shots though, so that's more of a pipe dream of mine.

Dreams come true

Ha, that they do. Do you think we have any legit shot with the Cali WRs? I wouldn't think so, but just curious if you've heard anything.

Also expect players at the Wide Receiver position to start committing, i've spoken to multiple people and they're telling me Miami is not playing when it comes to the Wide Receiver position. Recruits are realizing that spots will start to decrease and they need to jump on board now. So expect guys like Mark Pope (Has a spot reserved) and Elijah Moore to commit sooner rather later

Elijah ain't coming here

Why?

Good. He's a nice prospect, but doesn't seem elite at anything

Only cali bred receiver I could possibly see Miami getting is Brian Hightower, the other ones? Idk about all of that. Not even going to put that thought in my mind

Advertisement
Also expect players at the Wide Receiver position to start committing, i've spoken to multiple people and they're telling me Miami is not playing when it comes to the Wide Receiver position. Recruits are realizing that spots will start to decrease and they need to jump on board now. So expect guys like Mark Pope (Has a spot reserved) and Elijah Moore to commit sooner rather later

Elijah ain't coming here

I figured that was the case...

I can't see him taking 1 of the 2 remaining WR spots available (assuming Mark Pope is already locked in). I figure that Xavier Williams, Warren Thompson, Brian Hightower, Jacob Copeland are all rated higher than him. Based on all the feedback you guys are giving it seems like we are in a good spot to land 2 of these guys

I consider him as part of the 'next tier' of WR prospects: Kevin Austin, Anthony Schwartz, Jatavious Harris, Corey Gammage, etc.

Austin isn't next tier, that kid is a beast and I'd find a way to get Schwartz and his 10.2 speed on this team! I wish we were taking 6 WRs.

No shock here. It's Randy not chess or checkers. Big Dog vs lil dog. You eat what he leaves. If that is not the case then how in the **** are we not already on Asante? Randy been on Asante!

Last edited:
I seriously thik tyler byrd and christoper henderson are going to regret not signing with us. On to kids that want to be canes

Advertisement
Thompson at DT for the 2019 class sounds like a nice development...

He may have an older brother at GA (Trenton Thompson, 5-star from the 2015 class).

Keep getting the quality players from GA to fold in with the FL players...

Is it too early for a class prediction?? I will probably end up being waaaay off, but I've included 25 spots... with several 'TBDs'

QB - Artur Sitkowski
RB - Lorenzo Lingard, Chris Curry (hoping)
WR - Mark Pope, Daquris Wiggins, Xavier Williams, Brian Hightower
TE - Brevin Jordan, TBD
OL - Deloine Scaiff, TBD, TBD

DE - Kayode Oladele, TBD
DT - Nesta Silvera, Jamarcus Chatman
LB - Yasir Abdullah, TBD
CB - Al Blades, DJ Ivey, Gilbert Frierson, Tyson Campbell
S - Josh Jobe, Gurvan Hall, Randy Russell

[video=youtube;Qw5OwgDtFNs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw5OwgDtFNs[/video]

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I WISH THERE WAS LAUGHING EMOJI'S :babyface::sanford:

Thompson at DT for the 2019 class sounds like a nice development...

He may have an older brother at GA (Trenton Thompson, 5-star from the 2015 class).

Keep getting the quality players from GA to fold in with the FL players...

No... that's not his brother

Elijah ain't coming here

I figured that was the case...

I can't see him taking 1 of the 2 remaining WR spots available (assuming Mark Pope is already locked in). I figure that Xavier Williams, Warren Thompson, Brian Hightower, Jacob Copeland are all rated higher than him. Based on all the feedback you guys are giving it seems like we are in a good spot to land 2 of these guys

I consider him as part of the 'next tier' of WR prospects: Kevin Austin, Anthony Schwartz, Jatavious Harris, Corey Gammage, etc.

Austin isn't next tier, that kid is a beast and I'd find a way to get Schwartz and his 10.2 speed on this team! I wish we were taking 6 WRs.

I tend to agree with Tee's assessment of the kid and comparison to Jermaine McKenzie... but we will see

Advertisement
No shock here. It's Randy not chess or checkers. Big Dog vs lil dog. You eat what he leaves. If that is not the case then how in the **** are we not already on Asante? Randy been on Asante!

Bro why you even continuing with this schtick? lmao stop

Here's my DB haul for 2018:

S - Gurvan Hall
S - Randy Russell
S - Josh Jobe (if he sticks) or Tyson Campbell

CB/S - Gilbert Frierson
CB - DJ Ivey
CB - Al Blades Jr
CB - Asante Samuel Jr (fight between us & FSU because of delayed interest)

Then, we keep tabs on kids like Tyreke Johnson (long shot), Traquan Butler, Trenell Troutman, Keidron Smith, Marquise Williams, Stanel Garner, Miguel Edwards, Ken Montgomery, Cajuan Smith & others, just in case.

Also, we gotta remember it's February, it's long long ways till Feb 2018, A LOT is going to change in a year & don't foll yourself into thinking we won't have to fight like **** for all that time if we do land a bunch of these kids.

Trust me, Bama, Clemson, FSU, LSU, Oh St & yes even UF are not simply gonna roll over because we got kids committed early.
Not saying we can't beat them on the recruiting trail, just letting y'all know, recruiting is Warfare & it's never over til NSD.

That class seems to be very realistic and would be INSANE!

We need talent like Jobe to stick... out of all those recruits you listed, he is the one that I rate the highest... he is a true 5 star talent

Great news. Thanks for the insight, Pete. Long long way to go but I like the roll we are on. 2 commits from this weekend and I will be ecstatic. All that decomitt U talk is nonsense. That was a Golden issue. Most of the decomitts last cycle weren't even takes aside from Henderson and edwards. Get the takes on early and let's ride.

Advertisement

You kidding me? This guy needs to get banned ASAP. Not a Canes fan, clearly.

If ya'll didn't read the part on Asante...dude was going to commit to Golden but **** you know how that goes. We would be in the lead if we haven't been slowplaying him. Staff better not **** up his commitment, best cover corner in SFLA right now and boy is that saying something.

Randy prefers tic-tac-toe

Advertisement
Back