The Work - July 19th

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
TheWork.jpg

**There is talk that Joseph Yearby has not been with the team recently and people within the program are hesitant to comment on the situation. I am told that Yearby has not been around since the first week of June and is not returning messages from his teammates. Just a strange sitation. Yearby was suspended for the spring game, but I do not believe this is connected to that. I am working on gathering more information on the topic, but my guess is that he will be back shortly. I repeat, I would be very surprised if he is not back with the team by the start of camp.

**Here is some news that is intriguing in my opinion…I spoke to a local high school coach who recently had a conversation with Mark D’Onofrio. This coach told me that D’Onofrio plans on utilizing Deon Bush as a corner at times this season in an effort to get the most talented defensive backs on the field. Coming out of high school, I was a huge fan of Bush as a corner and thought that was potentially his money position for the NFL due to his unique size/speed/physicality combination at the position. Bush has obviously shown flashes of his ability at safety in his first three seasons, but this could be something that I believe could benefit the defense…especially if D’Onofrio employs a more aggressive approach this season (I’ll believe it when I see it).

**One player that has struggled to make as big of an impact as some expected when he enrolled early at Miami is LB Juwon Young. Young has all of the physical tools to be very good, but just has not yet figured out the mental side of the game. As of now, it is unlikely that he sees many snaps this season. Terry McCray is in a similar spot as well.

**Taking some Twitter questions….

From @TheCMarone – “Who are 2 players you expect to have breakout seasons? 1 offensive and 1 defensive”
On offense, my pick is Rashawn Scott without a doubt. Scott was Miami’s best receiver last fall before the injury. Him and Brad Kaaya have a very close relationship and there is a good chance that Scott would have transferred if not for his belief in Kaaya. All indications are that this is the most focused that Scott has been in his time at Miami. He knows a good season could make him a big draft prospect.

On defense, I will go with Jermaine Grace. Grace is the most explosive linebacker on Miami’s roster and he is my pick to be the team’s leading tackler. People within the program believe he has taken the next step.

From @JSchaum24 – “is Njoku gonna have an impact this year”
Yes, I believe he will. David Njoku is a player who came to Miami with a lot of raw ability and has been impressive in the weight room as well as during spring. He has the tools to be a major mismatch problem for an opposing defense with his size and leaping ability.

**In some basketball news, Elon transfer Elijah Bryant was at Miami this weekend taking a visit. The 6-4, 225 shooting guard was the CAA freshman of the year last season averaging 14 PPG and the Canes coaching staff is hopeful he will land in Coral Gables. He would need to sit out a year, but this would be a nice get for Coach L and staff. Bryant is high on Butler along with Miami.

Advertisement
JUWON-YOUNG-4_1_16_150.JPG

but he's a savage!

LOL @ this staff... perpetually missing on LB's and people blaming the previous regime....

Advertisement
Why would we need to move Bush to corner to get the best DBs on the field?

Out of our top 4 DBs, I think 3 of them are probably corners.

Or is Bush the 4th corner, with Crawford, Carter, Jenkins, and Johnson playing the safety spots if 1 of the top 3 corners get injured?

I assume they would like

CB
Burns
Bush
Howard
Elder

S
Carter
Johnson
Jenkins
Crawford

Redwine and Jackson can be eased in just my thoughts

Advertisement
Meanwhile, at the Skai Moore household..

I'm not saying that we couldn't use him but he's been massively overrated by some this board. Wasn't even named preseason All SEC 3rd team this year. He'd be battling it out with Kirby if he was here.

Advertisement
Using Bush at CB is getting Jaquan or Jenkins on the field instead of the 4th CB on the roster. (Jackson, Redwine, or Mayes)

Yep, it looks like Goldenusky in driving this train HIS way...

[video=youtube;rtcmpyeHwvk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtcmpyeHwvk[/video]

Last edited:
"**One player that has struggled to make as big of an impact as some expected when he enrolled early at Miami is LB Juwon Young. Young has all of the physical tools to be very good, but just has not yet figured out the mental side of the game. As of now, it is unlikely that he sees many snaps this season. Terry McCray is in a similar spot as well."

This will only be his 2nd year, So he has one more year to go before he (or any other linebacker) figures out Dorito's retarded scheme. Don't worry guys, he will be ready to go by the time he graduates. Then we do the same sh*t all over again with the next group.

Advertisement
No Yearby?

4-8

4-8 with or without yearby. This program is the Titanic, Capt. Frauden is going down with the ship.

Nah, Fataweenie Alfredo is more like Capt Francesco Schettino of the Costa Concordia. He and his agent will find a way to get more $$$ than his buy-out because of The Cloud and leave others to sink while he gets the MAC job of his dreams, all while being compensated by Frenk & Company...It's his MO.

Why is everyone surprised by Young? He should have redshirted. But because of attrition (which is of course Golden fault I admit) he was forced to burn it. Let him learn behind Kirby and then unleash him and Shaq next year.

Mccrary was always a kid who wouldn't help us until his RS-SO year at best. But I'm not ready to give up on him either.

Everybody can't be Jon Vilma people.

Advertisement
Back