The Work 9-1

View as article
Fowler is going to be a serious test.

What kind of player we looking at here?

I have a hard time talking up Gators, but what I can say is he'll likely be selected as a Top 20 pick in the NFL draft. Big, strong and explosive. He's comparable to some of the Notre Dame guys who gave us problems last year. However, he's a Gator, so **** him.

What I saw of Fowler yesterday left me unimpressed. Florida had a hard time generating a pass rush with 4 rushers. Powell looked ok, but I was surprised that they couldn't get to the QB when they went to their rabbit package ( Powell, Easley, Fowler, and Bullard).

I am of the opinion that an elite level talent flashes early. I have yet to see Fowler look elite. I watched Alex Collins run yesterday for Arkansas, he is a special RB.

Advertisement

I have a hard time talking up Gators, but what I can say is he'll likely be selected as a Top 20 pick in the NFL draft. Big, strong and explosive. He's comparable to some of the Notre Dame guys who gave us problems last year. However, he's a Gator, so **** him.

What I saw of Fowler yesterday left me unimpressed. Florida had a hard time generating a pass rush with 4 rushers. Powell looked ok, but I was surprised that they couldn't get to the QB when they went to their rabbit package ( Powell, Easley, Fowler, and Bullard).

I am of the opinion that an elite level talent flashes early. I have yet to see Fowler look elite. I watched Alex Collins run yesterday for Arkansas, he is a special RB.

I hear you about yesterday Fowler not being all that impressive, but he was really impressive last year as a true freshman. Really really impressive.

Fowler's not going to impress you if you're expecting an edge rusher or elite burst. He's not that kind of guy. He's going to give our zone schemes a true test, though. I'd be terrified for Duke if it's Bunche's job to find Fowler and lock in.

Collins is what many here thought he was: a top level RB with pro potential. Whatever. He's not here.

Fowler's not going to impress you if you're expecting an edge rusher or elite burst. He's not that kind of guy. He's going to give our zone schemes a true test, though. I'd be terrified for Duke if it's Bunche's job to find Fowler and lock in.

Collins is what many here thought he was: a top level RB with pro potential. Whatever. He's not here.

Ok, I got you. He is more of a run stopping DE. I was looking for someone who could get to the passer.

What I found interesting was Powell is only 240 pounds, but he didn't look explosive coming off the edge. I know it was the first game, so I want judge him to much.

Easley was the impressive one out of the bunch in that game. Guy will give us fits inside, I really dont want to see Bunche inside much against him, even the lesser heralded Orr looked competent. They might not be deep but the front line guys will definitely be a challenge. Plus they looked well conditioned with them playing a tempo type team with midday kickoff heat.

Advertisement
Not really too worried about Burton. We have to stop the run. If we can control their ground game its going to be very tough for them to beat us

Fowler is a big boy.

side note didnt he go to Arkansas to start? he might not have gotten 21 carries last night but if your going to play backup i would be with duke, not only that hes not going to win AT ALL

Advertisement
Their whole DL is going to be an issue, especially if they're letting as much penetration as they did last week. Bunche was getting knocked off balance all game and Bunche had no leverage. Really hope that rotation is tightened down some.

Advertisement
Back