The Work 7-10

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
**Miami is in very good position to land Tallahassee Godby OT Brendan Loftus. Loftus is a 6-8, 290 tackle with loads of potential. His coaches believe that his best football is ahead of him. Loftus will be visiting Penn State on July 19th and he will announce his decision on July 29th at Godby’s media day. He camped at Miami in June and was extremely impressive.

**Two national kids that Miami is quietly in the game for are Jaason Lewis (ATH from Virginia Beach) and Josh Sweat (DE from Chesapeake, VA). I’m not saying that Miami leads for either one, but the staff is on both hard and interestingly Sweat is close with Miami DT Michael Wyche. Just something to keep an eye on.

**Nothing really new with Tyrek Cole. Miami still expects a flip at some point as do people close to Cole. West Virginia is not as big of a factor as some have made it seem.

**There is a similar situation with Devante Peete right now as in not much has changed. Miami still wants him, but is not trying to rush him into a commitment. I am a big fan of Peete’s as a prospect. He can really run for his size. Total mismatch problem for opposing defenses.

**Just to put in perspective the type of athlete Miami is getting in Jordan Scarlett, I will refer to a story that one of Scarlett’s coaches over the last three years (Chad Wilson) told me this week. Wilson said the first time he clocked Scarlett in the 40, he ran a 4.37 on an NFL clock. Wilson told me that he made Scarlett run it three more times because he didn’t believe the time. Scarlett clocked two 4.3s and a 4.4. He was a 9th grader.

**I have mentioned it before, but watch for South Carolina as a darkhorse for JaQuan Johnson. At this point, Miami is not panicking as it seems most fans are. They believe he is still theirs to lose.

**I said earlier this week that Miami was looking good to land American Heritage ATH Dredrick Snelson and nothing has changed there. Snelson is Joseph Yearby’s nephew and has been around campus a lot because of that.

**Despite reports elsewhere, Miami is not recruiting Rashard Causey and has not done so for months. Any report that has him committing to Miami is false.

**I need to correct myself on something. In the past I have posted that Carlton Davis was being recruited as a safety, but Miami wants him as a corner.

Twitter Questions

1) From @CaneSwagger01 – should we offer (Rodrick) Archer and do you think we will?
I like Archer as a prospect and would love to see Miami take one of these Safety/Linebacker tweener prospects a year because South Florida tends to be loaded with them. I just don’t think Miami is all that interested in him so I don’t see an offer coming his way unless something changes.

2) From @_M_I_A_M_I - How likely is Cavin (Ridley) to follow Calvin next year? And are we getting back in the pic with him and SBB?
Cavin has big grades issues he needs to focus on that before anything, but yes he would most likely follow Calvin. Miami has always been in the picture for Burgess-Becker and Ridley. That did not change when they committed to Alabama. Look for Miami to make their major push later in the cycle closer to signing day.

3) From @305sports – do you see any recruits getting the Dennis Turner treatment?
Yes, this will happen as it does every year in recruiting.

4) From @TheCMarone – Is Marcus Lewis going to flip (From UF)?
It is highly unlikely that Lewis flips to Miami.

5) From @RozaySchmidty13 – with the momentum that we have in recruiting who do you think the next 2015 commitment will be from?
I will go with Brendan Loftus.

Advertisement
163.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
LOL I was just gonna make the same comparison to Milky/Whitey/Casper

Sweat would be a major coup. That kid is a freak. I won't hold my breath but I'll watch closely

Advertisement
Really interesting news about Josh Sweat and Jaason Lewis, both of whom are phenomenal athletes. It'd be great if we could get them to take OVs here.

Love Snelson and will be thrilled to see him commit to Miami. Bruce, Mullins, and Snelson as the 2016 WRs would be an incredible haul if we're able to hang onto them.

Disappointed to hear it's highly unlikely that we'll flip Marcus Lewis from UF.

Indifferent to the Loftus news. Curious to see if someone like Mahoney or Gauthier gets pushed out if Loftus does commit.

Really interesting news about Josh Sweat and Jaason Lewis, both of whom are phenomenal athletes. It'd be great if we could get them to take OVs here.

Love Snelson and will be thrilled to see him commit to Miami. Bruce, Mullins, and Snelson as the 2016 WRs would be an incredible haul if we're able to hang onto them.

Disappointed to hear it's highly unlikely that we'll flip Marcus Lewis from UF.

Indifferent to the Loftus news. This OL class leaves a lot to be desired. Curious to see if someone like Mahoney or Gauthier gets pushed out if Loftus does commit.
I think Gauthier is gone even though I am a fan wouldn't be suprised to see both gone with better o lineman like bar Milo and jalen merrick. If weird to see a Godby player in loftus wanting to come here.

Advertisement
Back