The Work 4-13

View as article
Besides Fines, McKenzie and Quentez Johnson, I'm not really sure who we're after at DT. I think we need to bring in 2-3 DTs this year.

Advertisement
I think just because a lot of you are on a war path that you are looking for a scapegoat to blame for the SBB and Ridley situation. The reality that some of you just can't seem to process in your heads is that some kids just flat out want to leave where they are currently and try a whole new experience. I know that when I left for college recently, I could have decided to go to some very good local schools but I opted to leave the area because after all that is part of the college experience. I'm a frosh in college and probably have a similar mindset to these two on the topic.

I know a lot of you are sick of hearing "I love Miami, but I am going somewhere else". The truth is that of course they love Miami but they want to experience something new, Alabama is a perennial power with arguably the best coach in the game....and we're just coming off an NCAA investigation and have yet to record a 10 win season in a decade. Do you think that serves well in the mind of these kids. They want to win and no matter what you tell them the bottom line is Miami needs to have a good season to reel back some of these kids. Not all of them will come because of what I stated above and you would be ignorant to assume that is the Coaches fault.

Listen I am not an Al Golden lover but I can tell he has given it all he's got with these two, they have both stated that Miami has been recruiting them hardest since early high school. What more can you ask of the guy? Does he ***** up with other recruits from time to time....absolutely he does but these two are not part of that. I believe they simply want a new experience and for some people on this board that translates to the Coaches fault, which the more you think about it...the more absurd it gets. Go Canes!

Or maybe...just maybe...the best recruiter is WINNING.

And maybe...just maybe...some of us are frustrated beyond all **** that we currently have a pretty bad coaching staff. A bad coaching staff leads to losing games against Duke and getting blown out by UL in a bowl game after having 30 days to prepare.

That in turn...hurts recruiting. You then get excuses like "some kids want to leave", "grades", "The 3rd ring of saturn is aligned with Venus", etc etc etc

Some of us are sick of seeing this cycle repeat itself. Some of us are even more sick of the weak *** excuses being thrown around in support of the coaching. This is our 3rd consecutive go-around at having a bad coaching staff....by this point it's not hard to spot it.

Nobody said Al's not trying. Trying hard gets you an extension at Temple, it gets you fired at Miami if you don't win. That's reality.

Yeah, yeah, yeah....wah, wah, wah.

I think it's just phonics. I don't think we are recruiting them any less than any other school, so losing ground may be inappropriate. Stating he (or they) are favoring another school over the Canes. What I would say to both SBB and Ridley is that your life here and in the community, with others like you can have a greater impact by staying. The people you know and those in situations like your's will be more profoundly impacted if they can see, talk and be close to you. Understand SBB & Ridley we want you for far more than football like our competitors. We are education first and community service. We get out in the "local" communities where we can influence young kids and give them the real belief they can change their life through education and football at the U. They in turn will grow up to do the same as you and all of you will have positively impacted more youths than you'll ever know. Go somewhere else and many won't see you and you'll have "no" impact where you should care most about.....YOUR Neighborhood.

Disappointed only 1 DT committed, given the fact we missed out on so may the last couple classes alone. Also surprised LB Tevon Coney wasn't on the "name" list. DT Kahlil McKenzie from Cali is not realistic. DT, Defense in general is where we're coming up short at in out pursuit to become a top 5 team. If we can't secure top DT talent then we need a DC that can scheme his *** off and get more out of less.

Disappointed only 1 DT committed, given the fact we missed out on so may the last couple classes alone. Also surprised LB Tevon Coney wasn't on the "name" list. DT Kahlil McKenzie from Cali is not realistic. DT, Defense in general is where we're coming up short at in out pursuit to become a top 5 team. If we can't secure top DT talent then we need a DC that can scheme his *** off and get more out of less.

Its April buddy

Advertisement
Advertisement
After this year, a lot of recruits are going to be fighting to be apart the u. we have some War Ready 2014 recruits who already have the playbook and coming for summer and fall practices. sounds like a great year. i expect us to get alot them boys not all. and i believe Kayaa beats out Olsen for the starting job. I thought Olsen was going to Shine in the spring game, our defense was hungry i admit. but he forced too many throws and in a real games im scared too see. i dont want another Stephen Morris. it reminded me of him so much. hopefully he works his tail off in summer and gets better.

Hard to see patrick coming jimbo has personally recruited that boy longer than anyone

From Luke Stampini on the 247sports Miami board
Williams also stated that he's trying to get RB Jacques Patrick and QB Deondre Francois to join him at UM. He feels him and Patrick in the backfield would compliment each other.

We need some DT's and some CB's this year. I think the offense may take a step back, which could hurt our win total. Thus, effecting recruiting and then people will have more ammo.

We need some DT's and some CB's this year. I think the offense may take a step back, which could hurt our win total. Thus, effecting recruiting and then people will have more ammo.
We don't have room for more than 2 Dts in this class.We just signed 4 and have only one graduating in Pierre.Next year we return Wyche,Heurtelu,Moore,King,Hamilton,Jenkins,Moten and the 2 from this years class.That's 9 DTs which is more than enough.The only way I can see room for 3 DTs is if a bigtimer wanted to come and we all know that ain't happening and someone like King or Hamilton would need to be cut to make room on the roster since we have reduced scholarships the next 3 years.

Advertisement
147.gif
I believe there will be 20 - 22 signee's come signing day. Your list really has only Spence as a WR commit. (honestly, that one may not stick) however, I believe there will be at least 2 WR commits and likely 3. Ridley SBB sounding like bad news is not because they are being pulled away by other schools but our staff may be finding it hard to deal with some of the issues that these situations bring. However, that being said, I still think they sign with UM.
What are u saying?

Advertisement
We're only losing Ridley because he knows he doesn't have the grades to get in................... why work hard in school when you can slack off and still play ball at Alabama it's a win win for him.

He can be a functioning illiterate at Alabama and stay eligible there we can't compete with that.

Game over they get the recruit lol

We're only losing Ridley because he knows he doesn't have the grades to get in................... why work hard in school when you can slack off and still play ball at Alabama it's a win win for him.

He can be a functioning illiterate at Alabama and stay eligible there we can't compete with that.

Game over they get the recruit lol

Very true.. SBB was rocking that U gear before the day he was suppose to announce. Ridley was probably in his ear for that reason you just stated most likely. Sucks mane... hope it changes tho, would like that duo of Moarch boy if Ridley decides on us and qualifies.

Advertisement
Back