The Work 2-17

Advertisement
Good news overall.

Not surprising UM is behind on Gibson. I think many here will list him as the top priority due to his transcendent ability and the fact he plays QB, but every time I watch Ridley's highlight tape, I'm left wowed. We need him badly.

Advertisement
Hard work has paid off for 2015 cornerback Carlton Davis (6-2, 178, Miami, FL Norland), who learned of an offer from the Florida Gators from his head coach last week.

“Florida offered me last week,” Davis said. “I think it was Coach T-Rob (Travaris Robinson) that offered me but I’m not sure because he called my head coach to let him know. I like the offer a lot and it means a lot because it means that my hard work paid off for me. It was kind of a dream offer for me.”

For Davis this was a dream offer as he’s always imagined himself playing in the SEC and in a tough environment like Florida one day.

“I grew up watching Florida every Saturday,” Davis said. “I always thought to myself that I wanted to be able to play at Florida in The Swamp on Saturdays. I’ve always wanted to play in the SEC and be in that environment one day as a player.”

Will Muschamp is a defense first coach, something that certainly gets Davis’ attention.

“I love the defense at Florida man,” Davis said. “I love the DB’s that Florida has and I love the DB coach there. They have a great great defense and the defense is always good even last year when they didn’t have a good record.”

Davis is no stranger to Florida as he knows a few of the Gators 2014 signees from the South Florida area as they played 7-on-7 tournaments together.

“I played on the South Florida Express last year,” Davis said. “I know Quincy Wilson pretty good and he talked to me about Florida so I know some of Florida’s guys.”

Even though Florida is his dream offer, the Gators are currently a few steps behind another school from the SEC East this early in the recruiting process.

“South Carolina is my leader right now,” Davis said. “Florida is my second team right now but I haven’t visited them yet. I’m definitely going to visit Florida though.”

http://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/florida-dream-offer-for-carlton-davis/

That dude aint supposed to have just 3-stars..Farrier is explosive and he looks like he's tough to bring down with just one player. Reminds me of T.Rudolph, hopefully minus the commit to decommit and bandwagon act.

Nick Tiano plays here in Chattanooga, at Baylor School. It's the big private school here, similar to Gulliver. He's really well respected locally.

I'm no scout but although he has so wheels, his arm didn't look too strong in the clip I saw.

I have friend here who played at Baylor, and is now a DC at a HS in North GA. I'll ask him what he knows.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm not sold on Gibson (and I don't think he's coming here)
1. He doesn't come off as a passer. Very inaccurate
2. He doesn't fit our offense . If there is one thing our staff is making painfully clear is that they want players to fit what they are doing, not the other way around .

Don't get me wrong I would love to have him but won't play here for a while

Advertisement
2. He doesn't fit our offense . If there is one thing our staff is making painfully clear is that they want players to fit what they are doing, not the other way around .

Gibson is a playmaker.

The kid accounted for nearly 30 TDs and 2800+ yards of offense in his first season as the main QB.

This team needs playmakers.

Pete - great stuff. Has there been any change in approach by the coaching staff in regards to handlers or overall approach with recruits?

The only change is we can recruit normally for the first time since golden has been here...... Golden without his hands tied behind his back aka ncaa is a beast of a recruiter

We haven't had anybody on the roster that can do what he does since Golden got here. He has an offer and other players like him have an offer. It appears this offense will be adaptable to the right athlete.

Advertisement
Back