The Work 12-4

View as article
Advertisement
Early in this process I thought lane really wanted to be a cane but now it's nothing but negative comments towards us. If he doesn't want that U on his helmet then fine go to UF and play for the worst offense in the SEC. But cook definitely is interested and IMO he is a bigger get for us. I want all of the S.florida talent but some of these kids got it confused for real. We are going to win a national championship with this class coming in and if you aren't all in then bye. We don't want or need you!

Cook is a much, much bigger get than Lane. With Langham, Berrios, Griffin, and what sounds like Dixon as well I think we are pretty set at WR. If he wants in, I wouldn't want them saying no to him, but adding Cook and Yearby into the backfield would create all sorts of problems. I think our offense would be one of the best in college football next year, and the sky's the limit once Olsen or Kaaya is ready. It's gonna get downright silly.

my opinion on lane being salty as some r saying he is bc we haven't been in contact: could he have not committed to the U when he committed to UF? f his dream was to play for miami then do what the BTW boys did, what duke did, what berrios and other countless commits we have this year did and commit. instead he goes on 560 w quincy and commits to U***, which is fine but don't be nasty to a school in ur own backyard where ur own relative (barrow is related in some way right?) played at and is coaching at currently if u turned em down urself. miami wouldve accepted his commitment had he said Miami on 560 that weeknight.

Advertisement
my opinion on lane being salty as some r saying he is bc we haven't been in contact: could he have not committed to the U when he committed to UF? f his dream was to play for miami then do what the BTW boys did, what duke did, what berrios and other countless commits we have this year did and commit. instead he goes on 560 w quincy and commits to U***, which is fine but don't be nasty to a school in ur own backyard where ur own relative (barrow is related in some way right?) played at and is coaching at currently if u turned em down urself. miami wouldve accepted his commitment had he said Miami on 560 that weeknight.
why are you so sure he could have committed to Miami when he committed to UF? He said himself he had not had a lot of communication with Miami before his commitment to UF.

Support #⃣5⃣Jwalk ‏@_MoneyLane 52m

Why everybody think Dalvin Cook Going To the U ! Stop texting my phone with that sh*t

getting harder and harder for me to want Lane to be part of this class. Everything that kid says in reference to the U has a negative intention….

He said he was giving away all his U gear to his bro or cousin. Since then, I haven't cared if he came.
Don't take this the wrong way, but its kinda a double standard. We expect these kids that act as adults, but in turn as adults we act as kids. He tweeted he is giving his Cane gear away to his cousins, I mean so ****** what......
It's recruiting, it's all about changing minds, he gives away his gear, it's the staff's job to convince him he shouldn't, and as fans we shouldn't throw fuel on the fire by being upset at him and getting at him on twitter(not sayin you do that, but in general). I want the best players at Miami, period. I'm not gonna get all butt hurt because he is giving his gear away, and not care if he signs anymore. If he doesn't it sucks, but oh well, but I'm not gonna deny we could use the kid.

I'm not gonna blast Lane or any other recruit but why the nastiness towards UM now? You've been a supposed fan your entire life and now blast your favorite team. If he wants to go to UF that's fine its his decision and if he feels that's his best opportunity then so be it.

Or is this Quincy being influencial on him?
It might have to do with Miami not being in contact with him for long stretches. Which is the same reason Quincy is ****ed at Miami. You grow up a fan of a school and they dont show a ton of interest while schools all over the country are blowing up your phone is starts to wear on you.

If thats true then its a bull**** excuse, grow up ad focus on other teams then

We are talking about 17 year old kids that since they were born all they wanted to do is put on a Canes uniform. Lets not forget grown men are tweeting them about the U everyday asking them why they are not going there

Those grown men have no excuses and thats true but all high school kids grew up wanting to play for a school and maybe half get that dream **** happens

"half get that dream"? Try less than 1%. At most, 20 UM ships to S. Fla kids in a given year.

We have been talking to Ermon Lane. Why would he be "salty" when Coley and Barrow went to his pep rally and game. The guy himself said he talked to all our coaches before FSu game. Bama has been trying to get him to visit, yet he desperate and trying to ride Cook's coattails, LOL

Advertisement
Hurracanes, point taken. But I just dont see where we would have the room. Unless Al is doing a complete overhaul of the roster again. But who is there to cut? DPerry? (Heard people calling out JBlue and DHoilett. That is foolish.) I get that the numbers always work themselves out but something has to give. Maybe the staff dont feel confident in DGriffin qualifying anymore.

Please explain how cutting current players on the roster allows us to exceed the NCAA limit on schollys per year.

Why is Lane letting other people control his commitment lol...

As one of the best WR in the Country, it looks like hes not making his own choices..

Advertisement
Since Tyre Brady has committed why is it so important to flip Lane. Is he really that good or much better than Brady? Brady looks good in all the footage I have seen and doesn't appear to be any less talented than Lane. Whats the real deal between the two Pete? Also any thing new brewing on the D-Front where we all should be more concerned about? The more guys we can get at that position the better chance to find a couple surprise studs.

Since Tyre Brady has committed why is it so important to flip Lane. Is he really that good or much better than Brady? Brady looks good in all the footage I have seen and doesn't appear to be any less talented than Lane. Whats the real deal between the two Pete? Also any thing new brewing on the D-Front where we all should be more concerned about? The more guys we can get at that position the better chance to find a couple surprise studs.

Brady has a ton of upside, but his stats are more than underwhelming. Lane is more of a sure thing right now, and its not even close. People talk about all this talent Brady has but he really hasnt shown much of it yet.....

Advertisement

Brady has a ton of upside, but his stats are more than underwhelming. Lane is more of a sure thing right now, and its not even close. People talk about all this talent Brady has but he really hasnt shown much of it yet.....
Have u seen lanes numbers this year? Extremely pedestrian...

But Brady can be a grades casualty, he's not a sure shot to get in

Free Pawn, I was moreso speaking to the overall number of 85. We could be pushing a class of **** near 35 if certain dominoes fall our way. (meaning Cook, JC, Hester, Pelon, Johnson, Dixon AND Lane want in.) Thats 35 commits! Where are we getting all this room from? (this number doesnt include Lockley or Griffin mind you.) I am not an expert in this subject but if Al can make it work im all for it.

Yes, but have you seen Brady's all through our HS? The kid has been a non factor his whole time. I mean Worton is the best WR on that team......
Now the kid has great upside, but he hasn't even shown any consistent flashes. Lane was a beast his junior year, but his senior campaign had been a let down, but it's still more impressive than anything Brady has done.

They are almost the same as last years

Advertisement
Back