The Work 1-16

View as article
Advertisement
Plus, why would the kid go to a Miami basketball game if he had zero interest? Doesnt mean he is coming, just that he is interested.

Ummm cause it’s vs Duke and Miami is good. Why wouldn’t someone go watch two top basketball teams live?

Y’all going actually believe we have a chance with Surtain like we did with Jeudy when in actuality his mind is made up and we’ve had no shot ever.

Comparing Surtain to Jeudy makes zero sense.

Why’s that?

B/c one was committed to a school and the other is not and has ties to a former coach who’s now on staff.

Lmfao you know how stupid you sound bringing Rumph up?

When Surtain goes to LSU it will be exactly the Jeudy recruitment.

I already see somebody has already responded to you; so I’ll let u breathe. Maybe if u articulated urself and expounded upon ur statement, u wouldn’t have gotten the response u did.

In my mind, I always found it hard to believe both Campbell and Surtain really want to play in college together. They are good teammates, maybe friends, but each of them want to go where they want to be THE impact guy on their college team. The thing is, they are both great CB and each is an immediate impact guy. The two are almost interchangeable in their role on the team.
The more plausible scenario, Chatfield and Surtain will end up going to the same college. They are like brothers, live in the same household but play different positions.

The picture now is becoming more clear. I can see Surtain, Chatfield and Sivera going to the same school and Campbell going in a different direction.

Last edited:
Richt getting the 411 from Surtain Jr and Nesta about Campbell and at the same time giving them the pitch on why they are going to be THE MEN now that guys like major9 are gone. AH kids don’t strike me as kids forced to warm the bench at LSU, BAMA, OSU, etc.

Therefore Miami would make the most common sense. Proximity. Playing time. Etc. If I was a recruit, being the inaugural class for the IPF should be special.

Miami’s legacy has always been that school that slayed the bully. The stars are aligning. I think they really want to be that class that actually does it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Everybody needs to do themselves a favor...don’t kid yourself on Patrick Surtain. The class is still good even if he doesn’t come. Convincing yourself he’s coming based on one positive sentence from Pete is going to lead to major disappointment.

Y’all can’t be this new to recruiting, come on now.

In my mind, I always found it hard to believe both Campbell and Surtain really want to play in college together. They are good teammates, maybe friends, but each of them want to go where they want to be THE impact guy on their college team. The thing is, they are both great CB and each is an immediate impact guy. The two are almost interchangeable in their role on the team.
The more plausible scenario, Chatfield and Surtain will end up going to the same college. They are like brothers, live in the same household but play different positions.

The picture now is becoming more clear. I can see Surtain, Chatfield and Sivera going to the same school and Campbell going in a different direction.

Well Richt & Rumph better tell them they could be the Jalen Ramsey & Aj Bouye of college football. **** something idc what they say just make it sound good

Advertisement
Hopefully not how I feel when it comes to Surtain news leading up to national signing day
giphy.gif

I am not a Rumph hater, but ****!!!, he must truly suck at recruiting.

He has coached this kid since he was **** near a toddler, and he cant even get the kid to give him a pity OV?

****!!!!

I mean how much actual recruiting does he have to do with TC? He's been a so-called "father figure" for a long time. Coached him since little league. Got him onto AH and coached him to be the player he is. Do you really think he needs to recruit him? He already knows everything about him. Just have a conversation and continue to care about him is all he needs to do. At this point after all that, and he decides he wants to go to UGA, well then he was never coming here. I'll hold judgment until signing day. Something doesn't smell right.

Everybody needs to do themselves a favor...don’t kid yourself on Patrick Surtain. The class is still good even if he doesn’t come. Convincing yourself he’s coming based on one positive sentence from Pete is going to lead to major disappointment.

Amen. Though it would be GREAT to get Surtain, not holding my breath.

Advertisement
I'm so thankful we have such helpful posters to let us know the odds with Surtain are not in our favor. Without your intel I'd fully expect him to be in this class. You brilliant conveyors of knowledge will save me hours of hope, because I'm a rookie in this whole recruiting game.

Truth is....it's positive news, that's it. We're in the game and that's all you can ask. The thing is nobody ( including Pete) knows a **** thing about what Campbell or Surtain will do. It's guessing. Their recruitments have been as close to vest as it can be.

So enjoy the ride , and quit being huge vaginas. There's no such thing as locks, either for us or anybody else.

That's how real vets handle recruiting.

Last edited:
When have we been in the discussion besides Pete and Rattler talking on here. Tyson rarely talked to media and never said anything about coming to Miami for an OV.

Wearing a Miami wristband during the biggest games of your high school career is big enough of a sign that he's at least interested in us. To go from that to not even visiting is quite strange.

Oh it’s going to get weirder. I’ll show you guys after signing day.

Good weirder or bad weirder?

Bad weirder...as in how fast this changed with Campbell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Z, I hope you explain how we're fighting to just land an OV from Surtain and Campbell. That's just crazy as ****.

Advertisement
so if Campbell is out and we have a shot at Pat Jr. Do we fire Rumph and hire Pat Sr. to take his place? Just kidding but I would consider doing it.

It's also Pete's job to generate traffic here and the possibility of Surtain coming does that.. but, the kids actions are telling us he's legitimately interested too. Just like Campbell's actions for months have been telling us he's going to UGA

I believe if Surtain comes then Campbell will follow along as well.

As crazy as it sounds, Bama may very well be our biggest threat. LSU didn’t close the deal with him. We shall see.

Spoke to a bammer today who doesn't seem to think they land Campbell or Surtain.

Surtan grew up a LSU fan, I believe. If so, I doubt he liked Bama growing up as well. Bama is loaded. Early playing time is very doubtful. Maybe it’s wishful thinking but the stars seem to be aligning for us.

Agreed. Look at how many CBs they have on the roster plus the 3 they are bringing in. I highly doubt either of them look hard at Bama.

Advertisement
Back