The Work 1-16

View as article
Advertisement
What changed so quickly in Campbell’s recruitment?

Seriously out of nowhere we were just completely not in the conversation. Do you know what changed Pete?

When have we been in the discussion besides Pete and Rattler talking on here. Tyson rarely talked to media and never said anything about coming to Miami for an OV.

It’s obvious that Pete and “Rattler” are clueless on anything related to the recruitment of Tyson Campbell. They have been feeding the forum a lot of hype (Pete not purposely but caused by a bad/unrealistic source). As far as “Rattler”, it’s obvious he is full of ****. Rattler was quick to dismiss the 7vs7 coach who said that Campbell has minimal interest in Miami...over the following weeks, the 7v7 coach was proven right and Rattler (whoever he is) was proven to be another fake insider looking for attention. NEVER trust “insiders” unwilling to use their real name.

Just like when Jobe’s coach up in Connecticut said that JJ has minimal interest in Miami, the same little group here was all over that, calling the guy a fraud and expanding on the Jobe is trolling Alabama narrative.

This forum has been overrun by a bunch of girly morons who are way too quick to believe hype. Nothing indicates that either Tyson or Surtain is coming here. Nothing! Yet, people who see the obvious are called “vaginas”, well get ready to take another **** up the *** if you believe the hype.

Last edited:
Y’all going actually believe we have a chance with Surtain like we did with Jeudy when in actuality his mind is made up and we’ve had no shot ever.

Comparing Surtain to Jeudy makes zero sense.

Why’s that?

Jeduy commited to Alabama before Richt even coached a game here and never de committed. His only other visit was to Miami, whoch happened at the 11th hour. That’s an example of a kid whose mind is pretty much made up but is still willing to give the hometown team a shot.

But according to you, Surtain’s mind is made up just like Jeudy’s even though he hasn’t committed to any school and is taking a bunch of visits.

You guys sound ridiculous. Tripping over yourselves to claim a kid that has been to Miami games, practices, and now a basketball game the day after visiting his named leader (without committing) isn’t interested, even when it looks like he’s going to take an official visit. Surtain is pretty clearly interested in Miami. We will see if that goes to the next level. Don’t know if he ends up here and neither does anyone else.

When I compare them I’m talking bout how all sudden we have a shot at these kids but they still sign somewhere else which is the most likely case. Y’all can take the fluff pieces and believe but we all know how this is going to play out.

Your comparison sucked. Surtain hasn’t signed anywhere.

I just don’t understand the Campbell situation especially because of his relationship with Rumph. It’s mind boggling.

Yea I don't get it as well..

- His family are Canes (Rattler)
- His former HC and Mentor (Rumph) would be his position coach
- He came to Miami's best home game in 15 years vs. ND
- He has 1 committed teammate, potentially 3 other teammates coming to UM

All that and we can't get the kid to OV?? - He'd rather go to Tuscaloosa,AL and Athens,GA for a free weekend vs. Miami

Mind boggling.. Makes no sense at all

All of these facts point to one likely reason why he doesn't come: he just wants to get out of Miami and experience something new.

well since like one poster already said that recruits follow these types of threads..

let me tell you tc I moved out of florida one time up to TENN for 9 months looking for something new..

huge mistake

Advertisement
Pathetic display of the staffs ability to lock up the highest tier local talent. Rumph should voluntarily leave his position if we don't land Campbell, because I doubt Richt is cut throat enough about success to terminate him.

You must be one of those crazy fanatic fan people talk about. Rumph develop the **** out of our corners, and he got 4 of the best DB in South Florida in this class and you talking about terminate?!??! Stop it. Just stop.

This is the second time I’ve hijacked a Donte Lucas thread (and it will be the last) but at this current time he will not be a Cane, we have a long way to go and he visits a lot but I’m telling you he’s going to be a Nole. He’s also already decided on a new HS but just hasn’t announced it yet, hint. It’s not in Dade county.

Are you related to him? What is your connection to Lucas?

I have real good friend who mentors and coaches some of these kids and who they trust. He is close with a few of these guys, one signed with Canes and the other happens to be Lucas. And he has been honest with me since day one with Lucas, just want to prep you guys for disappointment because all I’m reading on this board is the Canes hype train with this kid. He was close with Jobe and told me he’s going to bama and was spot on with how that went down. Like I said a long way to go but if signing day was today Miami wouldn’t be the choice.

Fair enough. Thanks for the info.

This is the second time I’ve hijacked a Donte Lucas thread (and it will be the last) but at this current time he will not be a Cane, we have a long way to go and he visits a lot but I’m telling you he’s going to be a Nole. He’s also already decided on a new HS but just hasn’t announced it yet, hint. It’s not in Dade county.

Are you related to him? What is your connection to Lucas?

I have real good friend who mentors and coaches some of these kids and who they trust. He is close with a few of these guys, one signed with Canes and the other happens to be Lucas. And he has been honest with me since day one with Lucas, just want to prep you guys for disappointment because all I’m reading on this board is the Canes hype train with this kid. He was close with Jobe and told me he’s going to bama and was spot on with how that went down. Like I said a long way to go but if signing day was today Miami wouldn’t be the choice.

Any idea how Lucas felt about FSU's struggles this season and how another down year for FSU next year might impact his view of that program and his recruitment?

Advertisement
What changed so quickly in Campbell’s recruitment?

Seriously out of nowhere we were just completely not in the conversation. Do you know what changed Pete?

When have we been in the discussion besides Pete and Rattler talking on here. Tyson rarely talked to media and never said anything about coming to Miami for an OV.

It’s obvious that Pete and “Rattler” are clueless on anything related to the recruitment of Tyson Campbell. They have been feeding the forum a lot of hype (Pete not purposely but caused by a bad/unrealistic source). As far as “Rattler”, it’s obvious he is full of ****. Rattler was quick to dismiss the 7vs7 coach who said that Campbell has minimal interest in Miami...over the following weeks, the 7v7 coach was proven right and Rattler (whoever he is) was proven to be another fake insider looking for attention. NEVER trust “insiders” unwilling to use their real name.

Just like when Jobe’s coach up in Connecticut said that JJ has minimal interest in Miami, the same little group here was all over that, calling the guy a fraud and expanding on the Jobe is trolling Alabama narrative.

This forum has been overrun by a bunch of girly morons who are way too quick to believe hype. Nothing indicates that either Tyson or Surtain is coming here. Nothing! Yet, people who see the obvious are called “vaginas”, well get ready to take another **** up the *** if you believe the hype.

None of that has actually been proven yet. You're spouting off about a rumor proving other rumors false.

He hasn't signed, it's all rumor!!!!

As quickly as Campbell seemingly dropped UM he can warm back up to UM. You guys take these updates with too much finality. If we get a real OV (not that Wednesday afternoon bullshyt), then Campbell is ours. I like and respect Rattler too much to go any farther than that on whether or not we even get an OV.

Been trying to tell you guys forever that Surtain was no lock to LSU. If he was he’d already be there locked in. Close family=legit UM shot.

I dont care how you guys try to spin it, but if Rumph doesnt land Tyson Campbell he is a lost cause at recruiting. I wonder why Tyson wears #8 anyway? Hmmmm

That should tell you he dont want to be at miami. He went to ah because of rumph and wears the man jersey number. All of that and you think the problem is he hates rumph or he didn't tell campbell he can play day 1 the right way?

I dont know the back story or if he hates Rumph, but what I do know is there are guys who can teach technique just as good as Rumph and not be a liability on the trail.

I dont have names, but thats still a fact. Rumph was brought in with zero college coaching experience for a reason. You can connect those dots on your own. Everyone knows our built in advantages & we probably won't even get an OV from a stud who called his position coach a father figure.

And? Rumph can't make the dude like miami. Rumph has known nesta since he was young and he is committed. Doesn't matter how great a recruiter you are if the guy doesn't want to go to that school he isn't going.

Advertisement
Ivins saying Campbell continues to tell the staff he will OV. It’s far from over if that is the case

Y’all boys better buckle up. Chatman is now saying we are in a race with UNC. Can’t trust him, Briggs, Silvera or anyone else who has be on the fence and/or didn’t sign. Nothing is a given over these next 3 weeks.

45643732-A584-4A7E-B4D1-6D4EB739D45C.jpg

Advertisement
As quickly as Campbell seemingly dropped UM he can warm back up to UM. You guys take these updates with too much finality. If we get a real OV (not that Wednesday afternoon bullshyt), then Campbell is ours. I like and respect Rattler too much to go any farther than that on whether or not we even get an OV.

Been trying to tell you guys forever that Surtain was no lock to LSU. If he was he’d already be there locked in. Close family=legit UM shot.

Shît just crazy how all of a sudden miami went from one of his top schools to basically being a longshot to get him.

Y’all boys better buckle up. Chatman is now saying we are in a race with UNC. Can’t trust him, Briggs, Silvera or anyone else who has be on the fence and/or didn’t sign. Nothing is a given over these next 3 weeks.

Chatman is a done deal according to one of our cuurent commits I spoke to.

When shît gets chaotic sometimes I think it's best to step back and let things I have no control over work themselves out...at least to the point where I can make sense of things and move forward.

We have 3 weeks left til NSD. Let's see who visits where, including to us, and what happens. After the smoke clears from the weekend of the 26th, we'll know more. We don't know what's gonna happen for certain right now but when NSD closes, we'll know exactly where we stand, what went well and what didn't. We can argue over who's to blame then. Right now there's a lot of speculation and the task is incomplete.

Every year I say this is a rollercoaster if you ride in the front seat and feel every twist, turn and bump. Sometimes it's best to step off the ride and just watch from the side.

Chatman likes whatever he sees. We know that and got last visit. Shouldn’t be too hard

Advertisement
Back