The Work 1-16

View as article
When shît gets chaotic sometimes I think it's best to step back and let things I have no control over work themselves out...at least to the point where I can make sense of things and move forward.

We have 3 weeks left til NSD. Let's see who visits where, including to us, and what happens. After the smoke clears from the weekend of the 26th, we'll know more. We don't know what's gonna happen for certain right now but when NSD closes, we'll know exactly where we stand, what went well and what didn't. We can argue over who's to blame then. Right now there's a lot of speculation and the task is incomplete.

Every year I say this is a rollercoaster if you ride in the front seat and feel every twist, turn and bump. Sometimes it's best to step off the ride and just watch from the side.

Agreed on this. We've seen crazy turns in recruiting. If Campbell visits, I think he's ours. I didn't think we'd get Surtain (still doubtful on that one), but we're still in that one. As Chise said earlier, saying things are a finality 3 weeks out from NSD is premature and borderline foolish. I can't fathom the idea that Campbell doesn't even give Miami an OV. Just wait and see what happens.

Advertisement
Ivins saying Campbell continues to tell the staff he will OV. It’s far from over if that is the case

That OV is crucial. If what [MENTION=5124]Coach Macho[/MENTION] says he hears about Campbell is true then that OV on the 26th is crucial. Make that UGA visit a distant memory. Close on the AH boys and make Miami the no brainer choice for him.

I thought TC wasn't doing interviews.

Ivins saying Campbell continues to tell the staff he will OV. It’s far from over if that is the case

That OV is crucial. If what [MENTION=5124]Coach Macho[/MENTION] says he hears about Campbell is true then that OV on the 26th is crucial. Make that UGA visit a distant memory. Close on the AH boys and make Miami the no brainer choice for him.

Sounds like Ivins is getting that info from the staff, not Campbell.

Your username and image are incredible.

this entire thread is full of stupid.

I haven't seen one sentence attributed to Campbell that says he will not visit. Knowing his parents that is not a possibility.

Campbell will visit Miami, probably already has his OV set up.

Advertisement
this entire thread is full of stupid.

I haven't seen one sentence attributed to Campbell that says he will not visit. Knowing his parents that is not a possibility.

Campbell will visit Miami, probably already has his OV set up.

There literally is none of that. It's all rumor so you are correct.

I honestly think Petes info has been from other storm 18 guys. Just like in Los Instagram video, they don't expect him here but that's because they don't really know him well enough I think.

Sell them on being an elite duo like Jax has in Ramsey/Bouye. Maybe Mallory’s Dad can get involved behind the scenes in some way. Also throw in the fact that 2 of their boys will be in the DL causing havoc.

Go for the AH4 sweep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Sell them on being an elite duo like Jax has in Ramsey/Bouye. Maybe Mallory’s Dad can get involved behind the scenes in some way. Also throw in the fact that 2 of their boys will be in the DL causing havoc.

Go for the AH4 sweep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to get off topic for a sec but whoever JAX's Head of Scouting and/or GM is needs to be going to Khan and asking for a HUGE raise. They have hit grand slams when it comes to constructing that roster with draft picks and FAs over the last 5-6 years.

Now back to the topic..

December has always been a superior month than February

It doesn’t surprise me at all that you don’t know what month it is.

Antsy Booger lives in his own little world where he contributes posts he thinks are meaningful that no one takes seriously. Just wait until one of his tortured multi-paragraph snoozefests butchering statistics. My guess is he’s a guy that failed a mid level college statistics course and thinks he’s found an audience that will gasp at his brilliance to make up for his failure.

Advertisement
Are we recruiting any other CB's at the moment?
Any new offers?

That's where it gets crazy. The staff isn't dumb and you have to think Nesta/Chat would let them know some more info if it was there to know. I'm not confident yet but if they both visit that past weekend it could be like McFarland last year with a monster local push in the end

from Ivins article this morning;

The Recent Visitors

UM hosted a pair of priority targets this past weekend in Kissimmee Gateway four-star defensive tackle Dennis Briggs and Fort Lauderdale American Heritage four-star defensive end Andrew Chatfield. By all accounts things went well.

Briggs told InsideTheU on Monday that Miami leads although he noted that he plans to still take visits to both South Carolina and Florida State in the coming weeks. The latest intel suggests that the athletic lineman isn’t exactly a lock to sign with the Hurricanes (you never really know at this point in the process) but there’s plenty of people in Coral Gables that believe Briggs eventually picks UM especially with mom on board. We’ll add that while we have stated a number of times in the past that Briggs is being recruited as a defensive tackle, we’re told that the coaches think he might actually be able to step in and play a similar role to Chad Thomas as a large defensive end that sets the edge before eventually shifting inside.

As for Chatfield, this is shaping up to be a three-team battle between Miami, Florida and Florida State. A trusted AMH source actually said over the the weekend that he felt like Florida was the likely landing spot for the former Ohio State commit, but after checking in with a of people who spent time with Chatfield on Saturday and Sunday we continue to hear that the sack artist is 'feeling' the Hurricanes right now. The fact that he returned to campus on Monday for the men's basketball game against Duke backs that up. I don't think Chatfield is a done deal to Miami, but I like my orange and green pick on the 247Sports Crystal Ball.

The American Heritage Cornerbacks

Speaking of Crystal Ball picks, we continue to hear that things are trending in Georgia's direction for Fort Lauderdale five-star cornerback Tyson Campbell, but I'm not ready to move my forecast off the Hurricanes just yet. A trusted source said on Monday that Campbell continues to tell Miami's coaches that he plans to take an official visit to UM before he makes a final decision. Am I sure that trip happens? No, but the fact that he hasn't given a pledge to UGA has me thinking that he wants to give Richt and Mike Rumph a chance to pitch him one last time.

Campbell is set to be at Alabama this weekend. He will be joined in Tuscaloosa by fellow five-star cornerback Patrick Surtain Jr. who will be taking his second official visit of the recruiting process after spending this past weekend at LSU. I still think that the Tigers are the leader in the clubhouse, but people inside the football offices at Miami seem to remain optimistic about the Hurricanes chances with the U.S. Army All-American. Should Surtain Jr. schedule a official visit to UM it looks like it might come on Feb. 2 right before the dead period meaning that Richt, Rumph and the other defensive coaches would get the last face-to-face with the elite cornerback before Feb. 7's National Signing Day. If you remember correctly that's how Tracy Howard's recruitment played out back in 2012 with Miami getting the final visit and was able to surprisingly beat out Florida, USC and FSU

Advertisement
is it kinda bad that we have a better chance at surtain then campbell. If u really think about it, it is.

Y’all boys better buckle up. Chatman is now saying we are in a race with UNC. Can’t trust him, Briggs, Silvera or anyone else who has be on the fence and/or didn’t sign. Nothing is a given over these next 3 weeks.

LOL. Prayers sent.

Advertisement
Back