The Work 1-16

View as article
I'll take either one but I'm still in shock at how little chance they have with Campbell despite his future position coach here being the guy that basically coached him for ten years and in high school.

That's just ****ing ridiculous.
It's pretty sad

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Advertisement
The bag men associated with certain schools pay potential signees one-time bonus payments not to visit a rival school that's offered a scholarship. The going rate is stated to be $2,500. This has become a popular tactic in recent years, as the recruiting process has become more publicized.

But i was told since Campbells dad is a fireman he doesn't need a bag. :monkey-serious:

He doesn’t and I would expect more of him. Especially since how much “doing things the right way” is a part of our culture.

Yea but the money that is thrown at the kids and these families will make parents with even the strongest morals rethink their stance.Putting that type money in front of an 18-19 year old kid is .....well let’s just say they’re gonna take it.

Then if his dad is a firefighter and as much as I know about that profession it would have to be a substantial amount of money IF....and I say If....bags were dropped.

Im gonna lean towards no right now

Mid 6 figures tax free will tempt most everyone even a fireman...

Will be very interested to see what Richt does if Rumph can't bring in one of the AH duo. There will never be an easier recruiting set up for him to secure elite talent so he can't lose out on his top targets...again (every year he's been here).

If he can't out recruit Coley for a local kid he's known forever, there's very little chance he can ever recruit an elite level prospect to Miami.

Pathetic display of the staffs ability to lock up the highest tier local talent. Rumph should voluntarily leave his position if we don't land Campbell, because I doubt Richt is cut throat enough about success to terminate him.
I gave you an upvote just I felt sorry for you. You really deserved a comScore.

I recognize Rumph Derangement Syndrome and although I'm not a licensed mental health professional and don't stay in Holiday Inns, I recognize mental disorders when I see them.

Just out of a sense of compassion I gave you an pivoted.

Advertisement
Recruiting is so wild in college football. I just kind of ride the wave at this point.

I've been reading for months that Campbell was a guy we had a great shot and Surtain was no shot. This is why I pretty much ignore the rankings etc. until a kid commits here and then I watch them.

Reading comprehension seems to be a bit of a problem here.
Pete simply said that Surtain may be a tad more interested in UM than TY, but that doesn't mean much
when TY doesn't appear to be interested in his hometown team.
And it's mid January and still no word of OV.
Yet I see some folks already getting their hopes up, setting themselves for massive let-down come
signing day.
Wash.Rinse.Repeat every year.

Surtain said today UM is in a good position to get an official visit. The kid is hanging around campus the day after his LSU visit and then talking about giving the “hometown team” (his words) an official visit. Not sure what the issue with “reading comprehension” is?

It is January 16th, 2018....2-3 weeks from signing day and he's still undecided on taking a visit.
It's akin to flirting with some chick for 3 months and she's "not sure" if she wants to go on a date.
Good luck with dat.

Will be very interested to see what Richt does if Rumph can't bring in one of the AH duo. There will never be an easier recruiting set up for him to secure elite talent so he can't lose out on his top targets...again (every year he's been here).

If he can't out recruit Coley for a local kid he's known forever, there's very little chance he can ever recruit an elite level prospect to Miami.

Coley isn’t great. He just has bags. $$$

Advertisement
Thanks for the double work back to back days Pete. Crazy how fluid recruiting can be, now we actually have a better shot with the AH CB that we all thought we had no shot with! Lol only in south Florida recruiting.

Fog of War.

Coley isn’t great. He just has bags. $$$

There are no excuses for Rumph missing on Campbell if that happens. **** bags.

This is directed at anyone suggesting TC is getting paid by UGA:

Why is it, whenever a top tier kid from S FL is being linked, rumored, predicted to leave or ends up at another school, you all say 'gotta be bags'?

Did you all just forget everything [MENTION=13993]RattlerCane305[/MENTION] has said about TC and his family?

Advertisement
LOL

Grown men acting like this. I’m assuming some of you are men, and not children.

Hey, and guess what? Nobody knows. Same as it was yesterday. Same as it will be tomorrow.

Let me make it easy for everybody. The only thing to be worried about now, the next thing to look for, is an official visit from either one or both.

No go on visits, cue the fat lady. We get the visits, we are in a horse race until the end. It just boils down to that. But then we still won’t know until signing day.

Don’t over-complicate it.

Reading comprehension seems to be a bit of a problem here.
Pete simply said that Surtain may be a tad more interested in UM than TY, but that doesn't mean much
when TY doesn't appear to be interested in his hometown team.
And it's mid January and still no word of OV.
Yet I see some folks already getting their hopes up, setting themselves for massive let-down come
signing day.
Wash.Rinse.Repeat every year.

Surtain said today UM is in a good position to get an official visit. The kid is hanging around campus the day after his LSU visit and then talking about giving the “hometown team” (his words) an official visit. Not sure what the issue with “reading comprehension” is?

It is January 16th, 2018....2-3 weeks from signing day and he's still undecided on taking a visit.
It's akin to flirting with some chick for 3 months and she's "not sure" if she wants to go on a date.
Good luck with dat.

Not at all but whatever makes you feel better about Surtain seriously considering Miami.

This is the second time I’ve hijacked a Donte Lucas thread (and it will be the last) but at this current time he will not be a Cane, we have a long way to go and he visits a lot but I’m telling you he’s going to be a Nole. He’s also already decided on a new HS but just hasn’t announced it yet, hint. It’s not in Dade county.

Are you related to him? What is your connection to Lucas?

I have real good friend who mentors and coaches some of these kids and who they trust. He is close with a few of these guys, one signed with Canes and the other happens to be Lucas. And he has been honest with me since day one with Lucas, just want to prep you guys for disappointment because all I’m reading on this board is the Canes hype train with this kid. He was close with Jobe and told me he’s going to bama and was spot on with how that went down. Like I said a long way to go but if signing day was today Miami wouldn’t be the choice.

Advertisement
Not defending Rumph, I’m actually not too convinced about him as a coach. I think our DBs has some technique lapses but anyway...
I also don’t know the in and outs of recruiting (as most on here). We just read, see social media posts and on NSD we talk about how great our commits are and how bad the misses are.

At the end of the day we talk about men trying to convince kids to attend the school they work for. Kids that are treated like kings for at least 2 years by every one in their school, local media, social media and college coaches all over the US. What everyone knows is that bags are real and these kids (especially high price recruits) get bought sometimes.

Let’s summarize TC: Rumph is his mentor and brought him to AH. Apparently wears 8 because of him, hometown school, favorite for a while.. all of a sudden we seem to be #3 or #4 on his list and MIGHT not even get an official. Guys... I’m not sure this has anything to do with Rumph as a recruiter. And I do understand why he’s an easy target here.

Maybe he wants to get away from Miami. Maybe someone paid him or his family (which Is only a speculation and no one can be certain), but this does just not seem like a case where someone outrecruited us... there most be more we don’t know...

Let’s wait and see what happens. He might visit and sign and Rumph will be a hero, like he was after Michael Jackson came on the scene out of nowhere.

Advertisement
Back