The Way I See Things....02/05

LOL. Grassy groundhog day.

All we need is a couple of condescending bomb posts, a thinly-veiled chefcane brag and it'll be like 2004 all over again.

Sorry, I have zero ***** to give and I have no tolerance for this whole ******* soft shouldered defeatist thread.

I ride with AG. If things go south tomorrow, we know it won't be because of a lack of effort by the staff.

I'm holding my tongue until tomorrow. Why don't we see what actually happens before we slit our wrists.

The only thing we can be sure about right now is that none of the "insiders" know **** so why not wait a day?

Advertisement
SF, I'm reminded of one of your classic posts about one of Coker or Shannon's (there wasn't much difference, in retrospect:] class where we loaded up on one position and didn't sign a single offensive skill player. It went something like: its like getting a great appendectomy when you went in for knee surgery. I'm praying we don't strike out on DTs. If we do, save the ships, don't load up on a few more projects.

i know i'm new to the board and all, but can we get rid of this guy or start the 24 hour ban early for topics like this. No reason for the negativity. Anyone complaining about recruiting rankings should go join the florida and bama bandwagon if that's what they care about.

The best feature of grassy is the ignore button. This board is now getting enough clown posters that I'm doing it here.

Advertisement
Kn[]_[]ckles3o5;1355713 said:
The way things seem to be shaping up for tomorrow, UM's signing day party should be at Ihop. After our handful of recruits fax their LOI in by 9:00 a.m., there doesn't seem to be too much worth waiting around for. Unless of course, we can flip a recruit or two from Western Michigan or Western Kentucky. How sad is it going to be when a recruit is sitting at a table and the hats he has in front of him are from Western Michigan, Montana, and UM.....and he doesn't chooose UM.

I used to look forward to LOI day and would take the day off of work. Now I ask the boss if I can come in early and work for free.

Forget UM suing the NCAA, I'm suing the NCAA for emotional distress and taking the fun out of LOI Day.

Does Brian Monroe have any eligibility left, maybe he could come back and play RB for us?

Good thing we have a staff full of big time recruiters, i.e. Barrow, Cristobal, Coley, Golden, without them, there is no way would have the 54th ranked recruiting class. Got to be proud that we barely nudged out Minnesota and Rice for that 54th spot. It's great to be......

Was it just me, or was anyone else surprised to find out our new OC was a white guy? Why did I assume Coley was a Black?

Maybe I'm over reacting and my expectations are not reasonable. After all, we've basically been a .500 team for several years now. Why should I expect us to recruit any better than a .500 team with sanctions looming.

Dude - get off the anti-depressants and walk away from the knives...

Naw buddy it's ok stay right by the knives after you stab yourself stick it in the toaster for good measure

No, c'mon man. Take a nice warm bath...oh, and bring the toaster.

If it makes anyone feel better, "The Beast" reported on his radio show that there is lots of optimism within the program about tomorrow.

As a relatively new and with my limited knowledge of the game, I hope I'm completely off with my original post, and that all will be forgotten and forgiven.

Advertisement
if things do go south tomorrow it may actually be worse than before.

At least with Shannon/Coker, I 100% believed that they were incompetent fools.

But if Golden has a similar result???? I think he's the man. And still this thing can't get fixed.

I can't think of another place in the country that has less loyalty to the local school than S. Florida. Between that, and the fact that our home games look like scrimmages... and it may continue to be a rough road ahead.

Becks....you over here for good? This site is becoming the who's who of Canes sites. Loving it.

Baller- Today is the day that I celebrate Miami. I don't worry about all of the other stuff, whcih I'm not even going to mention. I'm just going to focus on the guys that ink with us and take pride in that. The guys like Olsen, Dobard, RL3, Burns, Gall, and the rest who have a passion to play for the Canes and have an opportunity to get themselves a quality education.

That is all. Go Canes.

X,

I normally love reading your thoughts, but **** man you have become seriously jaded over the last year. Yes this years recruiting class seems to have taken a huge hit, but you have to see the positives.

- The NCAA is on the ropes and things are looking very good for us
- The team finished strong for a change and we bring back a talented OL and senior QB that could actually be all-conference.
- 2014 is loaded in South Florida and we should be in good shape with the NCAA crap finally in the rearview
- despite losing some local studs this class is still filling major needs, stud QB, edge rushers, stud JUCO TE.

Advertisement
Agreed Canesfan1899...I think we are trending in the right direction and expect that with a more experienced team that we should be a 10 win team next year.

Advertisement
Back