The Way I See Things....02/05

Advertisement
LOL. Surprised at the post and not the usual X-Baller piece that I've come to expect. That being said, can't say I blame X. We're probably the most screwed fan base in America. If it ain't Coker, it's Shannon. If it ain't Shannon, it's Shapiro which was the last thing we expected on Randy's watch. If it ain't Shapiro, it's the NCAA ******** us with a 2+ year investigation. If it ain't the NCAA, it's the local coaches from previous "feeder" schools with axes to grind against a guy that did nothing wrong to them. If it ain't the local coaches, it's the local ballas who think it's okay to embarass the local university and coaches. If it ain't the local players, it's the local school system that can't educate enough of these guys to be eligible.

We're going on 12+ years. Everyone on here is die-hard. We deserve better from top to bottom. Nobody here will stop because most of us will keep coming back for more, but damnit mane...the law of averages suggests that things should swing back in our direction. I thought that the beginning was the day of the Duke game, the announcement of the NCAA debacle, and when all the boys were at the basketball game following our big recruiting weekend. I thought we were getting everybody. I had a little pep in my step because I thought we were back. The Collins decision followed the discovery of the local coaching fiasco has been deflating.

We'll see tomorrow, but as someone who's been through this for decades with this school and team, I'm not getting my hopes up. We'll sign everybody only to have a ******* asteroid hit Hecht. That's just the way it's been...

LOL. Surprised at the post and not the usual X-Baller piece that I've come to expect. That being said, can't say I blame X. We're probably the most screwed fan base in America. If it ain't Coker, it's Shannon. If it ain't Shannon, it's Shapiro which was the last thing we expected on Randy's watch. If it ain't Shapiro, it's the NCAA ******** us with a 2+ year investigation. If it ain't the NCAA, it's the local coaches from previous "feeder" schools with axes to grind against a guy that did nothing wrong to them. If it ain't the local coaches, it's the local ballas who think it's okay to embarass the local university and coaches. If it ain't the local players, it's the local school system that can't educate enough of these guys to be eligible.

We're going on 12+ years. Everyone on here is die-hard. We deserve better from top to bottom. Nobody here will stop because most of us will keep coming back for more, but damnit mane...the law of averages suggests that things should swing back in our direction. I thought that the beginning was the day of the Duke game, the announcement of the NCAA debacle, and when all the boys were at the basketball game following our big recruiting weekend. I thought we were getting everybody. I had a little pep in my step because I thought we were back. The Collins decision followed the discovery of the local coaching fiasco has been deflating.

We'll see tomorrow, but as someone who's been through this for decades with this school and team, I'm not getting my hopes up. We'll sign everybody only to have a ******* asteroid hit Hecht. That's just the way it's been...

spot on. Its been 2 steps forward, 2 steps back, 3 steps forward, 2 steps back for ages. I really feel like we've been spinning our wheels in the mud since LSU raped us in the Peach Bowl. Perpetual black cloud.

The way things seem to be shaping up for tomorrow, UM's signing day party should be at Ihop. After our handful of recruits fax their LOI in by 9:00 a.m., there doesn't seem to be too much worth waiting around for. Unless of course, we can flip a recruit or two from Western Michigan or Western Kentucky. How sad is it going to be when a recruit is sitting at a table and the hats he has in front of him are from Western Michigan, Montana, and UM.....and he doesn't chooose UM.

I used to look forward to LOI day and would take the day off of work. Now I ask the boss if I can come in early and work for free.

Forget UM suing the NCAA, I'm suing the NCAA for emotional distress and taking the fun out of LOI Day.

Does Brian Monroe have any eligibility left, maybe he could come back and play RB for us?

Good thing we have a staff full of big time recruiters, i.e. Barrow, Cristobal, Coley, Golden, without them, there is no way would have the 54th ranked recruiting class. Got to be proud that we barely nudged out Minnesota and Rice for that 54th spot. It's great to be......

Was it just me, or was anyone else surprised to find out our new OC was a white guy? Why did I assume Coley was a Black?

Maybe I'm over reacting and my expectations are not reasonable. After all, we've basically been a .500 team for several years now. Why should I expect us to recruit any better than a .500 team with sanctions looming.

Good job Andrew and team, the Neg button is working well again.

Advertisement
OP has a bad case of optirectalitus. For those unfamiliar with that term, it's where the optic nerve gets entangled with the ****** which results in a ****** outlook on life. Fortunately it usually passes in a few days.

keep the faith!

Dont' get me wrong, it's not that we don't have some great players committed, we do; however, it's been a long time since we've had any kind of balance on this team. We always find ourselves loaded at one position, and extremely weak at another. We would have been easily a top 15 team had our d-line been anything better than what one typically sees at a lower tier D-1 school. We seem to have a bright future at DB, LB, and OL; however, AGAIN, we are striking out at DL and it seems RB.

Good programs don't do that. They sign balanced classes EVERY year. We can't seem to get our act together and sign a class of 4DL, 4OL, 3 LB, 2 RB, 1 QB, 1 TE, 4 DB's, and 3 WR's. That's what our class should look like EVERY YEAR. For whatever reason, we completely whiff on at least one position a year, which ends up killing us down the road.

It seems that last few years, we are looking for other schools leftovers or local kids who are going to mid-tier schools and attempting to sign them late in the process as kids committ to other schools.

I have my ideas of what the problem is, which I will discuss in a post at a later date, but right now there are great headwinds against us, and I think you will see the results of that come tomorrow. I hope I am wrong. We'll see.......

You can doubt by loyalty to the program or knowledge of the game of football......that's cool. I'm sure there are many fans on this site who are far greater fans than I, and have infinitly more knowledge of the game than I do. No problem.....

Advertisement
I'm with ya Xballer.

Though i have to think we get SOMEONE tomorrow. Can Golden really strike out with all the big names?

It's funny to see the recruiting cycle of posters come and go over the years. Always new people, but always the same trotted out, lame *** lines.

Pretty soon it'll be Map, ESF, Becks, and a few others vs the "stars don't matter" "everything will be ok" crowd.

Luckily for me... I just don't give a **** like i used to. When you been following for awhile, you realize half these kids never play a down, and in general Miami gets ****ed in the *** come LOI day.

I'm with ya Xballer.

Though i have to think we get SOMEONE tomorrow. Can Golden really strike out with all the big names?

It's funny to see the recruiting cycle of posters come and go over the years. Always new people, but always the same trotted out, lame *** lines.

Pretty soon it'll be Map, ESF, Becks, and a few others vs the "stars don't matter" "everything will be ok" crowd.

Luckily for me... I just don't give a **** like i used to. When you been following for awhile, you realize half these kids never play a down, and in general Miami gets ****ed in the *** come LOI day.

pretty much sums up exactly how I feel

Also, never thought I'd see the day where xballer gets hammered for one of his posts.

Last edited:
Dont' get me wrong, it's not that we don't have some great players committed, we do; however, it's been a long time since we've had any kind of balance on this team. We always find ourselves loaded at one position, and extremely weak at another. We would have been easily a top 15 team had our d-line been anything better than what one typically sees at a lower tier D-1 school. We seem to have a bright future at DB, LB, and OL; however, AGAIN, we are striking out at DL and it seems RB.

Good programs don't do that. They sign balanced classes EVERY year. We can't seem to get our act together and sign a class of 4DL, 4OL, 3 LB, 2 RB, 1 QB, 1 TE, 4 DB's, and 3 WR's. That's what our class should look like EVERY YEAR. For whatever reason, we completely whiff on at least one position a year, which ends up killing us down the road.

It seems that last few years, we are looking for other schools leftovers or local kids who are going to mid-tier schools and attempting to sign them late in the process as kids committ to other schools.

I have my ideas of what the problem is, which I will discuss in a post at a later date, but right now there are great headwinds against us, and I think you will see the results of that come tomorrow. I hope I am wrong. We'll see.......

You can doubt by loyalty to the program or knowledge of the game of football......that's cool. I'm sure there are many fans on this site who are far greater fans than I, and have infinitly more knowledge of the game than I do. No problem.....

If by "the last few years" you mean last year then no. You are wrong. The local kids we got every top program wanted.
Unless you think we stole Duke,Bush and Howard from "mid-tier schools".

Advertisement
I'm with ya Xballer.

LOL. Grassy groundhog day.

I was laughing thru my tears while reading that. Hilarious and sad at the same time, but all too true.

Advertisement
Mr. OP,

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

+1

Advertisement
Back