The Wannstache on the radio

Mack had no Texas ties. In fact, he was very similar to Strong. He had some reasonable success at UNC, maybe even less success than Strong. He had a couple position coach jobs in the Big 8 or whatever it was, but nothing in Texas.

He didn't have to deal with the emergence of tcu, Baylor, Texas a&m, and now Houston either

Advertisement
Strong is getting another year. Maybe we can get him if he gets fired mid next season if Larry is still interim.

We're F'ed! Strong will be let go and Herman will be the next HC at Texas. Not sure I have any interest in Holgersen.

Advertisement
Holgo is a better option than some of the other slaps being mentioned. (Cristobal, Shula, etc)

His offense would utilize the strengths of the recruiting base but he's also adaptable. Won the last two games by running the crap out of the ball.

He actually beats good teams on occasion. Has beaten Baylor TCU and others over past couple of years

He has current staff members who have ties down here (albeit former Hs coaches)

But He still has lost a lot of games since his first season when he went 10-3 before they moved to big 12.

Holgo is a better option than some of the other slaps being mentioned. (Cristobal, Shula, etc)

His offense would utilize the strengths of the recruiting base but he's also adaptable. Won the last two games by running the crap out of the ball.

He actually beats good teams on occasion. Has beaten Baylor TCU and others over past couple of years

He has current staff members who have ties down here (albeit former Hs coaches)

But He still has lost a lot of games since his first season when he went 10-3 before they moved to big 12.

Houston and Memphis would get destroyed in the BIG 12

Mack had no Texas ties. In fact, he was very similar to Strong. He had some reasonable success at UNC, maybe even less success than Strong. He had a couple position coach jobs in the Big 8 or whatever it was, but nothing in Texas.

He didn't have to deal with the emergence of tcu, Baylor, Texas a&m, and now Houston either

LOL The big12 was definitely harder to win back then. Nebraska and Oklahoma were competing for national championships. Even programs like Colorado were competitive. Their recruiting classes used to be ranked much higher than their recent ones. Regardless, UT has recently out-recruited all of those schools, except for A&M. Also, UT and A&M are the only schools in TX that can still go OOS and pull quality recruits.

I have relatives in Austin and the rumor mill there (for what little rumors are worth) is that if Texas loses the last two games Strong might be gone especially since the 2016 recruiting class for Texas looks like sh*t and hardly the kind of class that will turn things around in the future. That said I don't want Strong at Miami except as a DC.
And we want to hire him? He has failed at a school that has everything going for them.louisville was his ceiling period.

Advertisement
Strong aint getting fired. Texas is going to give him at least one more year.
I dont think so.. theres already unrest there. I think thats who Blake is waiting for.

Well that sucks for us, Texas doesn't finish their season until Dec 5. We are going to wait on a terrible candidate to be fired and it won't even happen. Then, not only will we not get strong, we will be too late for all other candidates too.

It's the UM way though. Can't expect anything else

I don't know if Holgerson is getting fired. He might end up with 8 wins. He just needs to beat Kansas, Iowa State, and Kansas State.

UT isnt going to fire Strong but they arent going to beg him to stay either if he wants to come. Thats for **** sure. I think Strongs interest is legit. I think Herman and Fuente are full of it and are using us. I wouldnt mind Strong if the BOT/Miller/Dimare just dont want to hire Butch. He is getting dealt a bad hand at UT. They have ZERO talent when Mack left. Just look at their recent drafts as proof. Whens the last time a UT player was a 1st/2nd round pick? He is literally building it from the ground.

He wont have that problem here. He already has talent at his disposal. We just need guys to coach them up and make this successful.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Holgorsen and Bud Foster should unite somewhere. Bring Cutty Sark in too. Every win would be one for highly functioning alcoholics!

UT isnt going to fire Strong but they arent going to beg him to stay either if he wants to come. Thats for **** sure. I think Strongs interest is legit. I think Herman and Fuente are full of it and are using us. I wouldnt mind Strong if the BOT/Miller/Dimare just dont want to hire Butch. He is getting dealt a bad hand at UT. They have ZERO talent when Mack left. Just look at their recent drafts as proof. Whens the last time a UT player was a 1st/2nd round pick? He is literally building it from the ground.

He wont have that problem here. He already has talent at his disposal. We just need guys to coach them up and make this successful.

Not gonna lie. This sounds a lot like the Golden defenders

Where to we begin....

Bold Part: Getting dealt a bad hand? He VOLUNTARILY walked into the situation. He is CURRENTLY employed. How is he being dealt a bad hand? He can't win, he is regressing...where is the bad hand? Do you mean to say that he shouldn't have tried to compete with the big boys at the bigger level? I think that is what you mean.

Underlined Part: Enough talent? Is this real life? He doesn't have enough talent to SCORE on Iowa State? Perhaps he has no idea what he is doing? Perhaps his talent advantage (he had at UL) was a way to mask his terrible coaching skills? Why do you need 1st and 2nd round picks to have a winning record? Why you need 1st and 2nd round picks to avoid getting **** rapped by Iowa State?

Maybe he isn't a good HC?

Not gonna lie. This sounds a lot like the Golden defenders
Miami fans making the same mistakes over and over again.

I am shocked

Advertisement
Back