The Wannstache on the radio

UT isnt going to fire Strong but they arent going to beg him to stay either if he wants to come. Thats for **** sure. I think Strongs interest is legit. I think Herman and Fuente are full of it and are using us. I wouldnt mind Strong if the BOT/Miller/Dimare just dont want to hire Butch. He is getting dealt a bad hand at UT. They have ZERO talent when Mack left. Just look at their recent drafts as proof. Whens the last time a UT player was a 1st/2nd round pick? He is literally building it from the ground.

He wont have that problem here. He already has talent at his disposal. We just need guys to coach them up and make this successful.

Not gonna lie. This sounds a lot like the Golden defenders
Miami fans making the same mistakes over and over again.

I am shocked

Maybe we need to give RS another try?

Advertisement
I would take Dana Hologram as our OC anyday. Unfortunately, as a head coach, his record has regressed every since taking over WVU in 2011.

We should reach out to their agents to let them know that we aren't interested in handing over the keys to our program to two potatoes

UT isnt going to fire Strong but they arent going to beg him to stay either if he wants to come. Thats for **** sure. I think Strongs interest is legit. I think Herman and Fuente are full of it and are using us. I wouldnt mind Strong if the BOT/Miller/Dimare just dont want to hire Butch. He is getting dealt a bad hand at UT. They have ZERO talent when Mack left. Just look at their recent drafts as proof. Whens the last time a UT player was a 1st/2nd round pick? He is literally building it from the ground.

He wont have that problem here. He already has talent at his disposal. We just need guys to coach them up and make this successful.

There is getting dealt a bad hand and then there is choosing your own hand. Things in Texas were bad before C.S. got there... anyone in college football saw what had become with Mack. You don't leave a "company" where things are going good to a "company" that's in serious trouble.

UT may be the biggest school in Texas but they aren't top dog anymore....No reason Charlie had to leave, he knew Louisville was moving to the ACC and would be in a Power 5 conference. He may have chosen to take on that challenge at UT, but make no mistake he wasn't dealt a bad hand, he CHOSE that HAND

Strong only won with kids that should have been at Miami. If our coaching staff wasn't so inept he would still be at Louisville with a 7-5 record every year.

Advertisement
I'm almost immune to the down votes now ...

So, what's a few more?

... I'd absolutely take Holgorsen as the next HC.

- Recruits South Florida
- Coaches in a Power 5 he's never going to win
- Explosive offense
- Has some "*******" in him (Put 70 on Clemson in a bowl game)
- Wants the job

I wouldn't take him over Mullen or Herman, but I'd probably have him on the same level as Fuente. And I'd have him above Strong and Cristobal, if the ability to recruit South Florida is as big a deal as it's being made out to be.

So, what's a few more?

- Recruits South Florida
- Explosive offense
- Wants the job

I wouldn't take him over Mullen or Herman, but I'd probably have him on the same level as Fuente. And I'd have him above Strong and Cristobal, if the ability to recruit South Florida is as big a deal as it's being made out to be.

Name one reason why it would make sense to hire Dana over the Pirate. If you are going to go that route just get Leach.

So, what's a few more?

- Recruits South Florida
- Explosive offense
- Wants the job

Name one reason why it would make sense to hire Dana over the Pirate. If you are going to go that route just get Leach.

Dana has better, and more current, connections to South Florida recruiting.

Dana is also more willing to run the ball, IMO.

Advertisement
Yes, Charlie Strong walked into the situation he had. But the situation he walked into is going to be somewhat similar to what the next coach walks into at Miami. Brown fostered a country club atmosphere similar to that of what Coker did with the Canes. Strong was meant to stay in the South, he had no business going to Texas. But when you compare the Louisville job to the Texas job, who wouldn't take that job?

Charlie Strong isn't just a recruiter type of coach. He knows X's and O's given that his defenses have been elite wherever he's gone, with Texas being the exception. Some coaches have flamed out at other places and thrived in their next destination. Herman's my top choice right now, but I wouldn't be mad one bit if we got Strong.

Advertisement
How about we name him HC in waiting and bring him in as OC for Butch! I love me some Holgerson, dude has some flair. And absolutely knows how to run an offense. We'd be lethal! Just need a stud DC.....

Strong is dumb for taking the texas job. Most coaches in the state of texas in cfb have deep ties to the state. Strong didn't have any ties and wasn't a big enough name to make a splash there immediately.

And, most importantly, he wasn't a good enough HC to get even decent results.

Get overpaid for a job you're under qualified for?? Sounds smart to me...

Advertisement
I have relatives in Austin and the rumor mill there (for what little rumors are worth) is that if Texas loses the last two games Strong might be gone especially since the 2016 recruiting class for Texas looks like sh*t and hardly the kind of class that will turn things around in the future. Now that's the TRUTH right there!

That said I don't want Strong at Miami except as a DC.

If dude fails at Texas for two consecutive years, what would we want to take him off the hands of Texas for?

And, Strong's Texas players beating an undefeated Oklahoma team and then losing to a 2-WIN team is exactly the type of Dr. Jekyl Mr Hyde crap that UM players and coaches are manifesting right NOW! Why should UM want to perpetuate that!? FOH

I lived in Austin used to go to 'horns games. The program was a mess when Charlie took over. The players all feel a sense of entitlement. That's why so many bust in the NFL. Plus he also has an uphill battle with the big money donors who all want a say in how the program is run. The place is a nightmare. The fans are brutal. They take complaining a level far above Miami fans. It is amazing that Mack won a championship. But now with the emergence of Baylor and TCU it has become very hard to recruit in Texas. Texas will be successful if Charlie stays, but if he leaves and I think he will, I'm all i for him coming to the U.

But my wife disagrees with me. If he wasn't successful at TX not sure he would be here. But it has been only 2 years. LOL!

Last edited:
I lived in Austin used to go to 'horns games. The program was a mess when Charlie took over. The players all feel a sense of entitlement. That's why so many bust in the NFL. Plus he also has an uphill battle with the big money donors who all want a say in how the program is run. The place is a nightmare. The fans are brutal. They take complaining a level far above Miami fans. It is amazing that Mack won a championship. But now with the emergence of Baylor and TCU it has become very hard to recruit in Texas. Texas will be successful if Charlie stays, but if he leaves and I think he will, I'm all i for him coming to the U.

But my wife disagrees with me. If he wasn't successful at TX not sure he would be here. But it has been only 2 years. LOL!

It's only hard to recruit in Texas when you have back to back losing seasons. Guy is a corch of the highest order.

Not gonna lie. This sounds a lot like the Golden defenders

There arent any Golden defenders left buddy. No matter how you spin it.

Advertisement
Back