The U will never be back

DMoney and some of the others have brought it up before: Miami is a sleeping giant. The sheer amount of talent in south Florida gives us potential. Look at NFL rosters and the representation from Dade and Broward. We'll never land all the blue-chippers, but we'll always get ours and will never be short on talent.

But LULZ at any dope that feels Golden did a masterful job at Temple. Not only does "success" the MAC not necessarily translate to success in a bigger conference (see Turner Gil), but Fat Al went 0-14 against MAC teams with winning records while with Temple. He never won a big game there and still hasn't won a big game here (STFU if you think wins against 4-8 UF and the Luke Fickell-led Buckeyes are signature wins).

Hopefully we beat FSU and he shuts me up for the time being.

the_dream.jpg

Advertisement
Do people really weigh stadium atmosphere when deciding whether or not to attend a football game? I don't think so. I've never thought of going to a football game then backed out because the seats are too far from the field or the view isn't amazing. I think these renovations are a non-factor.

On the other hand, I have thought of going to a football game then realized it's a pain in the *** to get to the stadium and saw no point going out of my way to watch my team lose. (I'm talking primarily about traveling from Brooklyn to New Jersey to watch the Jets lose.)

In my view, these are the things that matter as far as filling up our stadium is concerned:

- Logistical difficulties getting to the stadium. No public transportation. Sitting in traffic for hours to go to the middle of nowhere. Everyone driving drunk. Etc.
- Cost of attending a game. Tickets may be relatively cheap, but parking/food/beer is expensive. If you're going with your wife and two kids, you're dropping $100-$200 easy.
- Historically bad Miami teams facing relatively boring, no-name opponents. Even ACC opponents - I'm never watching Miami live against GT's stupid triple option ever again.
- Millions of other things constantly happening right in Miami. Many of which are free/cheaper and have a much shorter time commitment than a game.
- Our fan base is national, not Miami-based. Alumni love the Canes, but none of us live there. Out of my friends from school, only one still lives in Miami (and I only graduated three years ago). Everyone leaves.

Dunno what my point is. Just ranting cause it's Friday.
This is what I'm thinking as well. It's still going to be a hassle to get to the game and too expensive for many students.

Doesn't make a **** bit of difference. Only 5-7k students max would show up to games anyway. That's a drop in the bucket to fill up a stadium.

Seriously, you guys need to get off this idea that the stadium needs to be near campus. There's no tangible benefit to it whatsoever. There's nowhere near campus that would make things more accessible to most of our fan base.

If we get Butch or Schiano we'd average 55K plus fans immediately. As soon as we start keeping our boys home and winning games Sun Life would be full. Barnhardt, ESPN, SEC and commentators know that the U had the stupidest administrators and won't do the most obvious things to become the prime time football powerhouse it could be. They know Miami could be a beast again, but laugh that we let a no coaching chump lead our program!

Attendance Numbers:
2000 6 350,578 58,430
2001 6 282,972 46,162
2002 6 417,233 69,539
2003 7 406,945 58,135
2004 6 354,803 59,134
2005 6 271,862 45,310
2006 7 293,359 41,908
2007 7 305,124 43,589
2008 6 277,792 46,299
2009 6 285,306 47,551
2010 6 309,056 51,509
2011 7 393,451 56,207

Man what the fug is this?

Attendance numbers. Year/home games/total/ game avg

In a couple years we'll have something like this.

View attachment 27217

Say what you want, but after the renovations and upgrades, that stadium is going to be sick. I don't care that we don't own it and that its a good distance away from campus, there aren't many other colleges playing in a better stadium than that (once renovations are complete).

Do people really weigh stadium atmosphere when deciding whether or not to attend a football game? I don't think so. I've never thought of going to a football game then backed out because the seats are too far from the field or the view isn't amazing. I think these renovations are a non-factor.

On the other hand, I have thought of going to a football game then realized it's a pain in the *** to get to the stadium and saw no point going out of my way to watch my team lose. (I'm talking primarily about traveling from Brooklyn to New Jersey to watch the Jets lose.)

In my view, these are the things that matter as far as filling up our stadium is concerned:

- Logistical difficulties getting to the stadium. No public transportation. Sitting in traffic for hours to go to the middle of nowhere. Everyone driving drunk. Etc.
- Cost of attending a game. Tickets may be relatively cheap, but parking/food/beer is expensive. If you're going with your wife and two kids, you're dropping $100-$200 easy.
- Historically bad Miami teams facing relatively boring, no-name opponents. Even ACC opponents - I'm never watching Miami live against GT's stupid triple option ever again.
- Millions of other things constantly happening right in Miami. Many of which are free/cheaper and have a much shorter time commitment than a game.

- Our fan base is national, not Miami-based. Alumni love the Canes, but none of us live there. Out of my friends from school, only one still lives in Miami (and I only graduated three years ago). Everyone leaves.

Dunno what my point is. Just ranting cause it's Friday.

That's the epitome of being a bandwagon/fairweather fan, IMO.

Advertisement
Joe Robbie is just too far and the area it sits in has now turned into a 3rd world country

The Cuban Local Politic Mafia told Becham to kick rocks so they could build a Cuban Museam in the space instead

Tropial Park is a no go as the fair grounds are taking over a nice big chunk and leaving where they currently are to give FIU more room to expand

Coral Gables don't want that **** in thier city

Admin don't want to build their own

Our only option now???? MARLINS PARK. FML

Advertisement
Back