THE U IS BACK ESPN PROMO (SIAP)

D

deleted7012

I know we're not "back" yet but this promo is the shizzizle!!! This one goes out to all of you Canes fans out there craving that media love! Haha

GO CANES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[video=youtube;EGefRKn8IvI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGefRKn8IvI[/video]

Advertisement
TV loves us. Nobody draws ratings like us, not even Trump. Love us or hate us are the only options. Anyone who doesn't do one or the other is to young to know us.

Man, F()CK ESPN. We'll be back when WE announce that we're back, not when they say it.

spot is cool, and great for recruiting, no doubt.

Advertisement
I'm so tired of the "the U is back!" ESPN promo spots and comments by their personalities. Such an overused phrase that does nothing but diminish what the U was for decades. Reaching #7 /8 in the rankings in October does not make the U back and is nowhere close to what the U was built on. ****, Shannon and Golden teams achieved those rankings mid-year too. Miami is moving in the right direction and on the way to being contenders. That's all that should actually be said at this point.

I swear the only people that ever talk about us being back is the sports media. They constantly ask, "Is The U Back?" It's a set up. They ask hoping that we lose and they can all agree with each other that "No. The U is not back."

When we're back, you won't have to ask anybody. Everybody will already know. There will be no doubt.

When other teams refuse to play us in the season opening games.............WE BACK!

Until then, we are getting better.

Advertisement
I'm so tired of the "the U is back!" ESPN promo spots and comments by their personalities. Such an overused phrase that does nothing but diminish what the U was for decades. Reaching #7 /8 in the rankings in October does not make the U back and is nowhere close to what the U was built on. ****, Shannon and Golden teams achieved those rankings mid-year too. Miami is moving in the right direction and on the way to being contenders. That's all that should actually be said at this point.

What constitutes being "back" is up to each individual. Are we "back" regarding being able to beat Bama for the title if it comes down to it this year? No.

Are we "back" to relevance and not having to pray that our games are being televised on ABC and ESPN national TV and not FS1 or Versus Network? Yes we are back.

I am just happy we are in the discussion again. The rest will come in due time.

I swear the only people that ever talk about us being back is the sports media. They constantly ask, "Is The U Back?" It's a set up. They ask hoping that we lose and they can all agree with each other that "No. The U is not back."

When we're back, you won't have to ask anybody. Everybody will already know. There will be no doubt.

Voqlq.gif

View attachment 52270

We're not doing that boom anymore. We have a new boom now.

richt.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
That "back" **** is so tired. It's embarrassing, and UM fans who perpetuate it are an embarrassment.

There are lots of non-Miami football fans who were delighted to see the program was basically dead the last decade and a half. There are lots of others who think college football needs a compelling villain. Even though one would think the school that hired and covered for pedophiles would be a good target for loathing, most casual fans have already forgotten about that. Bama isn't that compelling a villain, I think most college football fans look at Bama and say, "Yeah we get it- you have unlimited money, protection by the NCAA, and can field the best college team money can buy." They represent the worst thing about college football (the corruption) but it's not a compelling narrative, more just a fact of life. Miami will ALWAYS be the best villain in college football. Miami flipped the college world on its head in the 80's and embraced the bad guy role. Didn't just dress the part, but acted it too - the 1991 Cotton Bowl was the movie equivalent of the black hat evil cowboy making the hero (good ol ' boy Texas) lick cow sh#t off the villain' s boots in front of the hero's wife and kids. Utter humiliation. The U documentaries taught a new generation about Miami's historical savageness. I think lots of non Miami football fans want the U to be back because college football is a lot more interesting when you have a "true" bad guy to root against.

There's no set up.

ESPN has no reason to hate Miami. Some people like finebaum hate Miami but ESPN doesn't . We bring in ratings

Us ohio state Alabama Georgia final four would bring in epic ratings

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

There's no set up.

ESPN has no reason to hate Miami. Some people like finebaum hate Miami but ESPN doesn't . We bring in ratings

Us ohio state Alabama Georgia final four would bring in epic ratings

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

We bring ratings for ESPN when they can run promo's saying "The U is back", then have their talking heads spend hours trashing Miami, our coach, our fans, our city, and saying how we keep claiming that we're "back" but we're really frauds who are about to take the L. It's the oldest story in media, Build Em Up So That You Can Tear Them Down.

They get ratings off us by loving to hate us, not by loving us.

Advertisement
Back