THE U IS BACK ESPN PROMO (SIAP)

That "back" **** is so tired. It's embarrassing, and UM fans who perpetuate it are an embarrassment.

That's the thing though 'Chise, it's not really the Miami fans that are going out there claiming "We're Back". It's media bullsh!t. They make it sound like we're the ones saying it, but as we all know from reading this board every day, real Cane fans are still huddling in the bottom of the shower sputtering gibberish just hoping that Al Golden doesn't walk back in that bathroom door in the next moment.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I swear the only people that ever talk about us being back is the sports media. They constantly ask, "Is The U Back?" It's a set up. They ask hoping that we lose and they can all agree with each other that "No. The U is not back."

When we're back, you won't have to ask anybody. Everybody will already know. There will be no doubt.

View attachment 52270

We're not doing that boom anymore. We have a new boom now.

proxy.php

THIS IS SO GOOD!!! CMR is the man. He's enjoying this. Vintage CMR, like back in '07 when he ordered the Gator Stomp! The guy wants to go out on top. He wants it! LETS GO CANES!!!!!!!!

Edit: it just hit me, CMR has coached for 3 teams that have bitter, hated rivalries with the Terds!!! Ha!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Love us or hate us, everyone knows college football isn't at it's best unless The U is.

I'm so tired of the "the U is back!" ESPN promo spots and comments by their personalities. Such an overused phrase that does nothing but diminish what the U was for decades. Reaching #7 /8 in the rankings in October does not make the U back and is nowhere close to what the U was built on. ****, Shannon and Golden teams achieved those rankings mid-year too. Miami is moving in the right direction and on the way to being contenders. That's all that should actually be said at this point.

What constitutes being "back" is up to each individual. Are we "back" regarding being able to beat Bama for the title if it comes down to it this year? No.

Are we "back" to relevance and not having to pray that our games are being televised on ABC and ESPN national TV and not FS1 or Versus Network? Yes we are back.

I am just happy we are in the discussion again. The rest will come in due time.
I agree. Miami is back could mean the program is relevant again. A team that can compete for conference championship year after year. It doesn't necessarily mean we're at "today's Alabama" level

Advertisement
Fact: few things draw interest from the casual ncaa fb fan like a marquee Miami game. If we are undefeated heading into both the vt and nd games this season the buzz will be unbelievable. Especially the ND game, if they have 1 loss and we have none it will undoubtedly be the highest rated tv game of the season.

F*ck ESPN they've been trying to set us up for the upset the last couple weeks

Advertisement
We ain't back yet but we getting there.
Being "back" means long term.

I know we may lose a ton on the DL this year but we are definitely set up for success. We've had real difficulty landing back to back classes that have worked out but it sure looks like our recruiting is taking serious shape.

I swear the only people that ever talk about us being back is the sports media. They constantly ask, "Is The U Back?" It's a set up. They ask hoping that we lose and they can all agree with each other that "No. The U is not back."

When we're back, you won't have to ask anybody. Everybody will already know. There will be no doubt.

View attachment 52270

We're not doing that boom anymore. We have a new boom now.

richt.gif

I would be willing to bet, that contrary to his calm demeanor, that no one more than CMR would love to bring back the U and prove to UGA what a mistake they made. And I would love it, too!

Advertisement
TV loves us. Nobody draws ratings like us, not even Trump. Love us or hate us are the only options. Anyone who doesn't do one or the other is to young to know us.

Now all we need is trump to support us and we will be the most hated team in history

We don't need him for that. He is probably already a fan. Remember he tried to get Donna to hire Mike Leach way back. I think he was a democrat back then. It would be politically crazy for him to support us given OH and Bama being important states and our fans are not his biggest supporters in FL, so you probably do not need to worry. Then again, he just does what he wants anyway, so who knows. Now that we are on it, most of our great years, and all our NC I think, did happen during Republican Presidencies. I'm not a Republican but that might be a good omen.

Advertisement
That "back" **** is so tired. It's embarrassing, and UM fans who perpetuate it are an embarrassment.

That's the thing though 'Chise, it's not really the Miami fans that are going out there claiming "We're Back". It's media bullsh!t. They make it sound like we're the ones saying it, but as we all know from reading this board every day, real Cane fans are still huddling in the bottom of the shower sputtering gibberish just hoping that Al Golden doesn't walk back in that bathroom door in the next moment.

Exactly. Not sure why Franchise thinks it’s the fans doing it.

**** he’s on the board more than any of us.

Sometimes I think it’s the media low-key mocking us, so they can make a grand spectacle if we drop one.

Sick video!

Look at ol' Rosier with the most TD's through 5 games since Dorsey. Unbelievable.

This is just the start fellas, we're about to get a lot of big things done to make up for the last 10 years.

The UM fans who even use that terminology are idiots. It's tired and feeble and it makes them look like the old man in the club with his gold chains and shirt unbuttoned to his solar plexus. Saying "I don't think we're back" is just as lame as "we're back." It's just lame media driven **** that makes our fans sound inferior when they buy into it.

We're a program that was great, then mediocre, and now we're pretty good again. I don't remember anyone talking about Alabaga being "BACK!!!" after they suffered in mediocrity for over a decade.

Exactly. Not sure why Franchise thinks it’s the fans doing it.

**** he’s on the board more than any of us.

Sometimes I think it’s the media low-key mocking us, so they can make a grand spectacle if we drop one.

I think he's mostly talking about the media, but adding the small smattering of our fanbase that does get all hype about it. That's how I took it anyway.

Im with you though. **** the media. They just want us hyped because we are big for ratings especially with ESPN taking it on the chin lately. I do love listening to the ****ers that loathe us have to attempt to hype us though. You can just hear the disgust in their voices.

Thats always my favorite part.

Advertisement
Back