THE U HAS STILL NOT OFFERED TRAJAN BANDY

Advertisement
We could have offered Rashad Fenton last year and most likely got him.. yet we didnt and ended up taking Terrance Henley later. Nothing against the kid but it just makes no sense to me.

It's going to be the same thing for Bandy I have a feeling

Advertisement
Maybe because we have an elite corner in Tyler bryd, and a very good corner in Deion Jackson.. Can't overload the position these kids want to play at the end of the day

One effin inch you kidding me, there are plenty of small corners in college, we are talking about a college team not the pros

Its amazing you mention this....someone posted a quote on here around NSD from a well respected recruiting guru..basically said something like, "FSU is getting the kids that Miami use to get, and Miami is getting the kids that FSU use to get...meaning FSU is getting the kids who have that NFL look to them while UM is getting the kids who will just be really good college players."

And he hit the nail on the head. Its not good enough anymore to just get guys like TBandy who will probably be a really good college corner but doesn't have much NFL potential. (high round meaning) The only way we get back to elite status is by A) Getting rid of Al Golden and B) recruiting the type of kid like we did in the Butch era..NFL ready kids.

Just to give you an example to show im not a guy who doesn't like short DBs....Phillip Buchanan was 5'9 on his best day...prob 5'8.5...But he was an athletic phenom. Played 4 sports in HS, ran a 4.3 and prob could run a 4.25 on his best day, could change direction on a dime, and was tough as nails. THIS is the kind of 5'8-5'9 corner you recruit. Bandy is a great HS DB but he doesn't fit this description. I like the kid, but I don't kill the staff for passing on him.

One effin inch you kidding me, there are plenty of small corners in college, we are talking about a college team not the pros

Its amazing you mention this....someone posted a quote on here around NSD from a well respected recruiting guru..basically said something like, "FSU is getting the kids that Miami use to get, and Miami is getting the kids that FSU use to get...meaning FSU is getting the kids who have that NFL look to them while UM is getting the kids who will just be really good college players."

And he hit the nail on the head. Its not good enough anymore to just get guys like TBandy who will probably be a really good college corner but doesn't have much NFL potential. (high round meaning) The only way we get back to elite status is by A) Getting rid of Al Golden and B) recruiting the type of kid like we did in the Butch era..NFL ready kids.

Just to give you an example to show im not a guy who doesn't like short DBs....Phillip Buchanan was 5'9 on his best day...prob 5'8.5...But he was an athletic phenom. Played 4 sports in HS, ran a 4.3 and prob could run a 4.25 on his best day, could change direction on a dime, and was tough as nails. THIS is the kind of 5'8-5'9 corner you recruit. Bandy is a great HS DB but he doesn't fit this description. I like the kid, but I don't kill the staff for passing on him.

This kid is the best cornerback in dade and maybe south florida. Don't want to hear about height and measurables when we already have a 2016 DB commit that's the same height, slower and not as talented as a Bandy. At cornerback, we've offered Lammons, Bethel, Irvin, and Davis who are all the same height or shorter than Bandy. Other than Davis, all of those corners started as freshman for their programs...we signed the only one that didn't. No reason to not offer Bandy when he's our best realistic option.

Last edited:

We are still getting NFL kids, we just had 2 taken in the 1st, this kid can ball and you stock up on corners no matter what

Advertisement
We are not taking a lot of CBs in 2017. We will lose 3 CB over the next 2 years (Howard, Burns, Elder) when Bandy is scheduled to arrive. He is a 2017 kid and there is still a lot of time to recruit him. We didn't offer Cedrick Wright until this year and he still committed. If Bandy wants to hold it against us then he can take his talents somewhere else. To me he is a good get but not a must have.

We have 3 committed for 2016: Bryd, Jackson, Wiggins
We have 4 committed for 2018: Blades, Watkins, Burns, Jobe

Currently we have:
3 Tracy Howard 5'11" 191 SR
1 Artie Burns 6'0" 193 JR
29 Corn Elder 5'10" 183 JR
27 Ryan Mayes 6'1" 203 RS FR
22 Sheldrick Redwine 6'1" 183 FR
28 Michael Jackson 6'2" 192 FR
21 Terrance Henley 6'0" 170 FR

This kid is the best cornerback in dade and maybe south florida. Don't want to hear about height and measurables when we already have a 2016 DB commit that's the same height, slower and not as talented as a Bandy. At cornerback, we've offered Lammons, Bethel, Irvin, and Davis who are all the same height or shorter than Bandy. Other than Davis, all of those corners started as freshman for their programs...we signed the only one that didn't. No reason to not offer Bandy when he's our best realistic option.

No he is not lol

No he is not lol

Alright, who's better than him?

Last edited:
Maybe because we have an elite corner in Tyler bryd, and a very good corner in Deion Jackson.. Can't overload the position these kids want to play at the end of the day

Paul Williams shut the **** up. We are going to have to play Mayes, Redwine or Jackson this year even if they look awful in practice. Bandy is a 2017 kid.

Advertisement

No he is not lol

Tyler Byrd, Deion jackson(higher ceiling),trayon mullen

No he is not lol

Tyler Byrd, Deion jackson(higher ceiling),trayon mullen

None of them play in the Dade, so you agree that he's the best corner in Dade. Only Jackson and Mullen play in south florida. At this point, it's debatable when deciding who's better. Jackson, did he even play last year? Bandy had big games against Flanagan, Apopka, Gables, Killian, Highlands (Ky.). He also dominated the UM 7v7 until he got kicked out. I've only seen Mullen in 7v7 and didn't really watch him when I saw creek play. Even if he's better, then that's just 1 kid that outplaying him in all of south florida. He's a kid that you offer, now. Since, according to you, he's the best corner in Dade (as an upcoming junior), and second best in all of south florida.

Advertisement
24/7 has him ranked best in Dade county, third in State. It's ok corch knows better. Kid lays the ******* wood..seriously what a worthless piece of **** paul Williams is

Last edited:
K
We are not taking a lot of CBs in 2017. We will lose 3 CB over the next 2 years (Howard, Burns, Elder) when Bandy is scheduled to arrive. He is a 2017 kid and there is still a lot of time to recruit him. We didn't offer Cedrick Wright until this year and he still committed. If Bandy wants to hold it against us then he can take his talents somewhere else. To me he is a good get but not a must have.

We have 3 committed for 2016: Bryd, Jackson, Wiggins
We have 4 committed for 2018: Blades, Watkins, Burns, Jobe

Currently we have:
3 Tracy Howard 5'11" 191 SR
1 Artie Burns 6'0" 193 JR
29 Corn Elder 5'10" 183 JR
27 Ryan Mayes 6'1" 203 RS FR
22 Sheldrick Redwine 6'1" 183 FR
28 Michael Jackson 6'2" 192 FR
21 Terrance Henley 6'0" 170 FR

Good review. Thanks...

Advertisement