The Turning Point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I don't disagree with that at all, but we started sucking when Foote left.

It's ironic that a hands off approach from Foote with the right BOT/AD gave the success it did.
If you call our BOT from 95 until 2021 right, I honestly don't know what to tell you...and if you call Fat *** Paul Dee the right AD those yrs...then we can just end this conversation now. If it wasn't for Sam Jankovich, who was 100x the AD than Fat *** Gator Grad Paul Dee...God only knows what would've happened.

He definitely improved academics, just not to the Harvard of the South level.

Are you planning at raging to Wikipedia next? This is from their page on Foote.

View attachment 210585
Don't give af what Wiki says about Foote...The Football teams Highest GPA Jump in it's history was during Butch's tenure...that's plain fact. I know...just a coincidence....

What a **** show? I took my *** to work for eight g-**** hours and I come home to a bunch of fvckery. You know what? It ain't even worth it, I'm out.

Go Go Go Fml GIF

Advertisement
I personally think McGahees in 2002 vs VT was even better...should've been 7 TDs...and what Stephen McGuire did to FSU in 90 was no slouch either...
McGahee was amazing that game - he should have won the Heisman that year. His injury in the National Championship was crushing. I would have loved to see what a healthy McGahee would have done in the league.

McGuire had HUGE games in 90 and 91 against FSU when those games were THE game of the year.

James, though, man, he single handedly destroyed UCLA. It was beautiful to see. He snatched UCLA defense’s soul. You could see they didn’t want anything to do with him by the end of the game.

I also went to Miami from 96-00 so it was the one time I was able to experience a game as a student like I did in the 80s and 90s when my dad either got tickets from his job or we would buy upper decks seats and sneak down. Pure OB magic.

McGahee was amazing that game - he should have won the Heisman that year. His injury in the National Championship was crushing. I would have loved to see what a healthy McGahee would have done in the league.

McGuire had HUGE games in 90 and 91 against FSU when those games were THE game of the year.

James, though, man, he single handedly destroyed UCLA. It was beautiful to see. He snatched UCLA defense’s soul. You could see they didn’t want anything to do with him by the end of the game.

I also went to Miami from 96-00 so it was the one time I was able to experience a game as a student like I did in the 80s and 90s when my dad either got tickets from his job or we would buy upper decks seats and sneak down. Pure OB magic.
I had a sideline pass from 95-2000...so your time coincided with mine. Loved Edge...and his game against UCLA was spectacular...but Santana wasn't no slouch that game. He left that UCLA secondary in shambles. Loved the fact that McGuire singlehandedly Destroyed FSU in 90....and ran roughshod through ND in 89...

Usually teams who suffer embarrassing losses where they don’t play anywhere near their best come out the next week and play desperate. I’d like to see that. Win, lose, or draw, if we come out with some emotion, some hitting, some solid fundamentals, I’ll be encouraged. More dumb **** and going through the motions and getting out physical-ed, would be really discouraging.
only problem with playing desperate it's hard to play desperate with an offense that runs at a snail pace....sure hoping things change on Saturday with this offense cause we have NO SHOT of beating UNC with what we've seen in these first 4 games...

Advertisement
The turning point won't come, at the earliest, until we're well into Year 2. We'll definitely see improvement over this season, but the consistency that comes with a turning point requires a) more time and b) more talent (via a full recruiting class and hitting the portal hard).

Smh at everybody arguing this point.

"Turning the corner" can only be figured out retroactively. When the season is over, you look back at a certain point and from that point on it was a different team.

Doesn't matter if you lost to Bama by 1, 100, or lost to MTSU. That doesn't define "turning the corner".

We could beat UNC this week and nobody could say we turned the corner. What if we lost every game after?

You guys are arguing over something that can only be proven at the end of the season.
I don’t know, that sounds suspiciously like logic.

Advertisement
I think a lot of people understand this, but it needs to be said, the "turning point" is not a singular event.

There are a lot of events that have to happen to lead up to the turning point. Looking back, maybe a win against unc, will be one of those type of events. Time will tell.

only problem with playing desperate it's hard to play desperate with an offense that runs at a snail pace....sure hoping things change on Saturday with this offense cause we have NO SHOT of beating UNC with what we've seen in these first 4 games...

Disagree. We got beat on the LOS against MTSU. I don't care what pace you run, you can't get beat up, physically, by MTSU.

How many of these losses/wins over the last several years are we going to refer to as "the turning point"?

Advertisement
How many of these losses/wins over the last several years are we going to refer to as "the turning point"?

Every one of our head coaches has 12-15 "career defining games". You know this. That's how this board rolls.

Beating a Garbage UNC team doesn't equate to "Turning a Corner" to me...but Hey, that's just me. Beat Clemson, then we're talking...
The same way Syracuse turned the corner after beating Clemson in 2017? Winning one game means nothing if you **** the bed in the next.

we win this game, and the season survives for another week.. there will still be some hope/optimism for winning the trashy coastal, which should be a minimum goal every year. so winning gives us some hope for another week..

We lose, and basically feels like the season was lost.. no goals are still realistically achievable (yes we could still run the table and win the ACC Coastal probably, but it's unlikely considering we still have a few good teams to play)

Smh at everybody arguing this point.

"Turning the corner" can only be figured out retroactively. When the season is over, you look back at a certain point and from that point on it was a different team.

Doesn't matter if you lost to Bama by 1, 100, or lost to MTSU. That doesn't define "turning the corner".

We could beat UNC this week and nobody could say we turned the corner. What if we lost every game after?

You guys are arguing over something that can only be proven at the end of the season.

You are right, of course. But you and I both know that has never stopped CIS before.

We had guys this summer calling Mario's 2023 recruiting class below expectations. Huge LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back