The Turning Point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly you will not agree but we were heavily on the rise in 99. The ECU game stung, but our other 3 losses that year were against the #3,2 and 1 team in the nation and only VT was a blow out. Two of those teams met for the title game. Miami was on the map and that 9-4 season led to a preseason top 5 in 2000. It all started with that win at the end of 98 though.

This is accurate to anyone who lived through it.

'97 was a truly trash year.
'98 vs. UCLA we said "no mas!".
'99 we were on the rise.
'00 we were robbed by the BCS computers of a chance to prove we were back.
'01 we were the best college football program ever assembled.
'02 we were robbed of our 6th NC by the refs.
'03-Present we were free falling (and not in the lovely Tom Petty sort of way... more like the Persian dude who got kicked into the bottomless pit in 300).

Advertisement
That UCLA team plays Tennessee for the NC if they beat us...this yrs UNC team ain't playing for nothing if they beat us. This yrs game vs UNC is the 5th game of the season...the 98 UCLA game was the last game of the season...Nothing comparable at all...hence, why I said they shouldn't be used in the same sentence in comparison.
That Syracuse team with McNabb was also a bit better than MTSU

50402028-EA55-4CF1-AE45-97ECF29CA7B5.gif

This is accurate to anyone who lived through it.

'97 was a truly trash year.
'98 vs. UCLA we said "no mas!".
'99 we were on the rise.
'00 we were robbed by the BCS computers of a chance to prove we were back.
'01 we were the best college football program ever assembled.
'02 we were robbed of our 6th NC by the refs.
'03-Present we were free falling (and not in the lovely Tom Petty sort of way... more like the Persian dude who got kicked into the bottomless pit in 300).
99 we were robbed...JJ had the 1st down vs Penn St...should've played on News Yrs Day...but Destroyed Joe Hamilton and the #1 Offense in America in Bwl Game
2003 if Berlin sees a WIDE open Winslow in EZ vs Tennessee...we play for NC...

Advertisement
Yeah, but if the UCLA game had that much of an impact, why didn't they carry it into the next season?
That Penn St game was lost on a BS call...Jackson had the 1st down by atleast a foot...I was standing not 200' away. Easily would've been overturned if instant replay was around. That would've been 10-2 and a New Yrs Day bowl game...9-3 and Destroying the #1 Offense in America in GT wasn't chopped Liver...Joe Hamilton didn't know what hit him....

****tt is creepy. How can just the mention of the man’s name, move you to behave like that? Mind blowing lol
I'm heading to the Gables with Butch tomorrow, for the 87 NC team reunion .....I'll send him your well wishes...Will be Great hanging with a REAL coaching staff...

Advertisement
In 1999, with a pretty stacked young team, we lost to VT and FSU by six touchdowns combined, struggled to beat Boston College and a terrible West Virginia team and lost to East Carolina.

That UCLA Game was most certainly not a turning point.

In 1999, with a pretty stacked young team, we lost to VT and FSU by six touchdowns combined, struggled to beat Boston College and a terrible West Virginia team and lost to East Carolina.

That UCLA Game was most certainly not a turning point.
Not your Dumbazz again...didn't I send your *** packing the other day??...Guess you missed your Greyhound bus...

Advertisement
OP is just saying in the thread what everyone else is thinking. If we win this game, we are back on track for the ACC Coastal (which was the original goal to begin with)..VT, Duke and UVA are all absolutely winnable games. UNC is better than all of them.

But if we lose on Saturday, Mario is about to be reminded of what its like down here when you are not winning like the fans expect you too.
no he didn't say that. you are full of ****e. Butch was the best ever, Tad was a c@ck sucker and Shalala liked(s) pie. meat me in the parking lot if you disagree

Advertisement
I'm heading to the Gables with Butch tomorrow, for the 87 NC team reunion .....I'll send him your well wishes...Will be Great hanging with a REAL coaching staff...

let me know where the reunion is. i live within a stone's throw of the U. my dog ate my invite.
I already have the promo done. Been sitting on it since he told me about it weeks ago.

527CBD71-D045-4681-A254-586B34C55D5B.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back