The Turning Point

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanesDynasty

Recruit
There is a moment when a program turns the corner. This team needs that more than ever and this Saturday there is an opportunity to make that happen. I remember in 1998 getting boat raced by Syracuse, only to knock off an undefeated UCLA the following week. In a lot of ways, that was the turning point for Butch and Miami.

Losing to MTSU is bad enough, but if there was a silver lining, it could be the embarrassment of that loss that created a positive change within the program.

If we beat UNC on Saturday, it's not like beating a top 10 team, but it's a team that has been a thorn in our ***. We would be 1-0 in a conference that is begging for us to win. It could spark momentum and a winning streak which would hopefully carry over to recruiting.

With all the negativity lately, it would be a pleasant surprise to see a well prepared Miami team this Saturday that performs at a high level. We all need to see it to believe it and I'm truly hoping we get a glimpse of Miami kicking *** again.

Advertisement
I like your optimism and outlook. That said, this offense/team hasn't inspired much confidence. So, yes, a win Saturday would be nice but if it's followed up with a crappy performance down the road, the win isn't a turning point but a mirage (or a relief, whichever way you want to look at it).

There is a moment when a program turns the corner. This team needs that more than ever and this Saturday there is an opportunity to make that happen. I remember in 1998 getting boat raced by Syracuse, only to knock off an undefeated UCLA the following week. In a lot of ways, that was the turning point for Butch and Miami.

Losing to MTSU is bad enough, but if there was a silver lining, it could be the embarrassment of that loss that created a positive change within the program.

If we beat UNC on Saturday, it's not like beating a top 10 team, but it's a team that has been a thorn in our ***. We would be 1-0 in a conference that is begging for us to win. It could spark momentum and a winning streak which would hopefully carry over to recruiting.

With all the negativity lately, it would be a pleasant surprise to see a well prepared Miami team this Saturday that performs at a high level. We all need to see it to believe it and I'm truly hoping we get a glimpse of Miami kicking *** again.
Beating UCLA in 98, to beating UNC this Saturday, draws absolutely no comparison whatsoever. That 98 UCLA team would wax both UNC and UM this yr. Two completely different scenarios.

Beating UCLA in 98, to beating UNC this Saturday, draws absolutely no comparison whatsoever. That 98 UCLA team would wax both UNC and UM this yr. Two completely different scenarios.
I literally wrote "beating UNC is not like beating a top 10 team"

The comparison is how we could lose by 50 to Syracuse and turn it around the next week.

I shouldn't waste my time arguing with you because you will probably tell me that you were in the locker room for that game and say something that has nothing to do with anything

Advertisement
I literally wrote "beating UNC is not like beating a top 10 team"

The comparison is how we could lose by 50 to Syracuse and turn it around the next week.

I shouldn't waste my time arguing with you because you will probably tell me that you were in the locker room for that game and say something that has nothing to do with anything
No....you DID compare the two. How tf can you put beating the #3 team in the country, too beating a Garbage UNC team in the same sentence??...you think by beating a Garbage *** UNC team is remotely turning a corner??....

Since I like Kool aid, I'm with you. Since I dislike unc a butt load, I'm liking anything that has us beating them this weekend. I've probably got six years to hate on Mario if he's not the one so I'll just worry about being ****ed off later. It's like the tide, you don't feel anything at the high or low, but the incoming or outgoing can be a wild ride. Go Canes! Need to stomp out unc and get back on track.

Advertisement
Dumb?? You are over analyzing my post way too much. Who ever said anything about the 98 teams beating us or not? Your argument has absolutely nothing to do with what I said. Which I expected
That UCLA team plays Tennessee for the NC if they beat us...this yrs UNC team ain't playing for nothing if they beat us. This yrs game vs UNC is the 5th game of the season...the 98 UCLA game was the last game of the season...Nothing comparable at all...hence, why I said they shouldn't be used in the same sentence in comparison.

Usually teams who suffer embarrassing losses where they don’t play anywhere near their best come out the next week and play desperate. I’d like to see that. Win, lose, or draw, if we come out with some emotion, some hitting, some solid fundamentals, I’ll be encouraged. More dumb **** and going through the motions and getting out physical-ed, would be really discouraging.

Advertisement
That UCLA team plays Tennessee for the NC if they beat us...this yrs UNC team ain't playing for nothing if they beat us. This yrs game vs UNC is the 5th game of the season...the 98 UCLA game was the last game of the season...Nothing comparable at all...hence, why I said they shouldn't be used in the same sentence in comparison.

There is no Edgerrin James on offense or Dan Morgan on defense in 2022

The problem is that turning point rarely comes in a coaches first season at a school. It’s going to be a bumpy ride this year even if we find a way to win Saturday.

There should be a big step forward next year though.
Yea, we want the microwavable version of a turn around but 5 games in to a tenure of what is clearly a rebuild is too soon to be discussing turning a corner. Stinks but it's going to take time.

And I was hoping this year was the 10-2 type year but I now know that was foolish.

Advertisement
Usually teams who suffer embarrassing losses where they don’t play anywhere near their best come out the next week and play desperate. I’d like to see that. Win, lose, or draw, if we come out with some emotion, some hitting, some solid fundamentals, I’ll be encouraged. More dumb **** and going through the motions and getting out physical-ed, would be really discouraging.

Agreed

I will go ape **** if it’s the same slow paced, offense with anti-creative red zone calls on Saturday

Useless Old Timey Baseball GIF by Team Coco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back