The Turf at Dolphin Stadium

It's a well know fact that Dolphin **** is not good for sod. So if the Phins woulld quit styttin' the place up...

Advertisement
What's the long term plan here? Is there a solution that allows the maintaining of a natural surface without having to re-sod every other week?

What's the long term plan here? Is there a solution that allows the maintaining of a natural surface without having to re-sod every other week?

This may be a question no one can answer since most College teams that share NFL stadiums these days with NFL teams have other surfaces and are in different climates.

This may be a question no one can answer since most College teams that share NFL stadiums these days with NFL teams have other surfaces and are in different climates.

Yeah, true. I don't remember it being this bad last year though. Or am I just mis-remembering things?

Advertisement
This is just crazy that is 2017 and they cant figure this out.
I know they want to have International soccer games and stuff there but we might need to go to the artificial turf.
Which I know soccer wont play on.
But what other option do they have?

This season it got so bad on Finheaven that the stickied Hard Rock renovation thread turned into nothing but a complaint about the field thread. So they started a new thread that deals exclusively with the disastrous field. Right now the renovation thread is completely dormant while the field condition thread is swarmed every week.

If there wasn't incessent whining on FinHeaven, that place would cease to exist as a site. A cesspool of clods, that place is.

I know they want to have International soccer games and stuff there but we might need to go to the artificial turf.

The turf was fine last year. In 2016 they had it figured it out. What they might not want to do is have a concert just over a week before the season starts next year which forces them to tear up the field. That started a chain of events where the turf never has gotten anytime to be rooted in without rain and wear and tear ******** it up.

Assy Booger with his usual fully detailed response lecturing readers with meaningless insight composed of pure bullshīt.

Assy delusionally thinks he’s providing valuable content, in reality, this is what readers actually see:
It's a patched stadium. The engineers blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Advertisement
Just put turf down lol
There is a solution. It’s been done before, even over 20years ago when us hosted World Cup.

Put in field turf for main surface. Then for big soccer international games you lay a temporary grass field over. I think it was basically a slightly raised field in trays so to speak.

Just put turf down lol
There is a solution. It’s been done before, even over 20years ago when us hosted World Cup.

Put in field turf for main surface. Then for big soccer international games you lay a temporary grass field over. I think it was basically a slightly raised field in trays so to speak.

I know the field turf "technology" has come a long way since the days when astroturf was basically a concrete surface, but I hate the idea of going away from a natural surface in South Florida where there should be no issue growing decent grass.

The turf was fine last year. In 2016 they had it figured it out. What they might not want to do is have a concert just over a week before the season starts next year which forces them to tear up the field. That started a chain of events where the turf never has gotten anytime to be rooted in without rain and wear and tear ******** it up.

I was at that concert. I wish it never happened because it would have saved me 1200 bucks because my wife needed field level tickets for a concert I didn't want to go to. The only good thing about it was the opportunity to see how loud the field really gets.

Advertisement
Just put turf down lol

It is not ideal for soccer.
Sure, it was done in the past (for other stadiums) but with 3 other stadiums in the State of Florida bidding for the World Cup and other Copas it may be the difference in not getting those big time games.

Maybe they can grow it in sections outside the stadium, bring it back in and reassemble it for games. I’m no expert, but I do know when something is broken.

There was an article back in August that said that they have put in two years of time researching up on these issues and that this grass field was the best solution for the sunlight / roof problem.

It may take them another two years of researching to figure out a new solution.

Advertisement
I think the issue with artificial turf is the heat. Playing surface would well over 100 degrees

Advertisement
Back